TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1970 Boss 302

BH321

I have been looking at a lot of information over the past few weeks about the Boss 302 and I was just wondering what were some of the parts that were on the 302 that were not on the Mach 1 and vice versa? I have yet to find a full list of differences and would really like to know as I may have the ability to get one in the near future to restore and I was just wondering what parts were interchangable between the two models.

Welcome To Team Shelby BH321. That's a great question you have and it would be neat to see a side by side list of the differences. Perhaps a Boss expert will be able to chime in with all the details.

What I do know is that original smog equipment is difficult to find and can be very costly. So if you're going for a full stock restoration be sure that the car has its smog equipment or that the selling price is adjusted for the missing smog parts.

One of our vendors has a book for sale that might answer your questions. Here's a link:

http://www.cobranda.com/bocojetmubo.html

Steve

Dang I had hoped to be able to check out all of the books I needed on its restoration from the library (they have several books on restoring old mustangs but none of them have the list I need) but I guess I'll end up buying this one.

Archived