TEAM SHELBY FORUM

visors

75coug

I was surprised by how cheaply made the visor and mirror are in my SGT. They look like they came out of a fifteen-year old Hyundai. Is this an example of the corners that Ford had to cut in order to keep the Mustang affordable?

Wait till you look under the trunk floor mats and find they don't even paint the area and they put clear stickers over holes that are not used. You can actually see through the holes to the ground.

Gives a new meaning to "Quality Is Job 1"

Ugh. I am not trying to raise a ruckus here and am not attempting to start a debate about the merits of the cars, but I must say that the quality of the interior materials used in the '05 GTO that I owned were definitely superior to the Mustang. I really wish that Ford would have paid more attention to this kind of thing, because the rest of the car is great.

Wait till you look under the trunk floor mats and find they don't even paint the area and they put clear stickers over holes that are not used. You can actually see through the holes to the ground.

Gives a new meaning to "Quality Is Job 1"

Yeah, I've noticed that the inside of the trunk is not "Finished" as I would like...thought about getting a couple of cans of Duplicolor and at least getting everything the same color as it should be...Would be better than nothing...Right?

the quality of the interior materials used in the '05 GTO that I owned were definitely superior to the Mustang.

Umm.. But the payoff is that you are driving a Mustang.. a car that is actually attractive and not a rear-drive grand am. Also, the visors in high-end Mustangs are the same as those in a $20k V6.. Your GTO was about $34k, right? Starting MSRP??

I would take a cheap interior in a cool car anyday..

Regardless, what's wrong with the visors.. I know that in a 15 year old honda they are plasticky-vinyl.. Ours are cloth.. they even have a pleat to confrom to the headliner! That's a smart idea!

Umm.. But the payoff is that you are driving a Mustang.. a car that is actually attractive and not a rear-drive grand am. Also, the visors in high-end Mustangs are the same as those in a $20k V6.. Your GTO was about $34k, right? Starting MSRP??

I would take a cheap interior in a cool car anyday..

Regardless, what's wrong with the visors.. I know that in a 15 year old honda they are plasticky-vinyl.. Ours are cloth.. they even have a pleat to confrom to the headliner! That's a smart idea!

Perhaps Ford should stick better visors in Mustang GTs, since they sticker at a higher price.

The GTO sticker was around $33,200 fully equipped (the only available option was the automatic transmission), which is (unfortunately for us) less than what most people paid for their SGTs.

Rear-drive Grand Am? Be prideful, but not silly. I love my SGT, but let me tell you, the 400 hp 6.0 liter engine in the GTO was amazing, much better than what we have. The GTO had two big problems: it needed retro styling (or at least much better modern styling) and scumbag Pontiac would not acknowledge a strut-rub issue that led to blown front tires. If it wasn't for that latter issue, I would have kept my GTO instead of the Corvette that shares a garage with my SGT.

As for what's wrong with the visors, it has no light, is flimsy, and the plastic cover on the mirror feels like it is going to break every time I touch it.

Some vinyl on the doors would have been nice. Everytime I touch that hard plastic, it's like scratching on chalkboard. I may look into covering some of the surfaces myself; that along with a seating upgrade.

I understand that they had to cheap-out a little in order to keep the cars affordable, but you'd think they could've found some cheap interior materials that don't look and feel like a rental car nightmare.

Other than the hard plastic, the piss poor seating and the awful visors, it's definitely a sweet ride.

When I drive my SGT down the road. Seeing all those people looking at me and wishing they had one. I really feel bad cause I know I have a cheap looking visor and under my trunk mat is ugly...........What else is going to go wrong in my life........LOL

Archived