TEAM SHELBY FORUM

RARE CAR ALERT!!!

Guest evilchris

Guest evilchris

This is sickening. To think there are people on a list with down payments for over a year & haven`t got their car.

Yeah sucks but is reality. We are not Ford's customer. Dealers are Ford's customer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...%3AAAQ%3AUS%3A1

RARE CAR! BUY IT NOW FOR $100,000!! DUDE THIS CAR IS A COUPE AND HAS THE SHAKER 1000, MAKING IT MORE RARE!!

roflmfao

I wonder if we bought it for $100k, we could then resell it for $150k? :do what:

..oh, wait, I see the VIN ends in 5213274, making it the 5,213,274th GT500 built...didn't know they made so many...

I hope they paid some poe-dunk dealer in Wisconsin about $20-k ADM just to get it, and then get it slammed in their A$$ because they had to sit on it for asking so much.

These are the type of A :censored: oles that are screwing it up for everyone else.

Mike <--------- (Going back to his cave now)

I hope they paid some poe-dunk dealer in Wisconsin about $20-k ADM just to get it, and then get it slammed in their A$$ because they had to sit on it for asking so much.

These are the type of A :censored: oles that are screwing it up for everyone else.

Mike <--------- (Going back to his cave now)

Mine has the shaker 1000 too, but it is Red/white. I don`t think they will get 100k out of it. It`s a nice car, but it`s not worth that! Wishful thinking on the part of the dealer!

LMAO - I saw this car yesterday.

Frankston, Texas is a podunk town SE of Dallas and Lade Ford is a 'hole in the wall' dealership - trust me. Very small. I just happened to be driving through Frankston yesterday... the dealership was closed but the car was in the showroom right off of the main drag in mighty Frankston, Texas. I wondered how in the hell this little dealership already snagged one of the overpriced and over-hyped GT500's. Who knows.

Perhaps the have a connection somewhere or they are playing the speculation market.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...%3AAAQ%3AUS%3A1

RARE CAR! BUY IT NOW FOR $100,000!! DUDE THIS CAR IS A COUPE AND HAS THE SHAKER 1000, MAKING IT MORE RARE!!

roflmfao

I know the owners of Lade Ford in Frankton, Texas and they are very stand up guys. They are honest, hard working people like you and me with an extremely rare chance to make a few dollars on a rare vehicle. Thank God we live in America, land of the free where free enterprise is able to take its course. They have every right to get what they can for the car and you have every right not to pay more than you choose to pay for a Shelby. Supply and demand is an economic principle that helps to keep prices down through competition. Currently demand is higher than supply. They are a small dealer and they need to make the best of every sale to stay in business. They don't get opportunities like this very often.

They did not buy the car from another dealer. They are President's award winners and this is their second Shelby. The first one sold on Ebay for $58,100.00 and was fully equpped like this one. They may be mistaken about the Shake 1000, but if so, it is an honest mistake. Please don't criticize them for operating within their rights. I have bought several vehicles from them, but chose to buy my Shelby elsewhere because of price. I will buy other vehicles from them in the future, but choose not to pay the current prices required to get a Shelby. I know that a lot of people want one of these cars, but don't take your frustrations out on someone you do not know.

LMAO - I saw this car yesterday.

Frankston, Texas is a podunk town SE of Dallas and Lade Ford is a 'hole in the wall' dealership - trust me. Very small. I just happened to be driving through Frankston yesterday... the dealership was closed but the car was in the showroom right off of the main drag in mighty Frankston, Texas. I wondered how in the hell this little dealership already snagged one of the overpriced and over-hyped GT500's. Who knows.

Perhaps the have a connection somewhere or they are playing the speculation market.

Actually it looks like its their second Shelby, they sold one already, bought by our friends "mallofgeorgiafordinternetsales". Someone named 'liquerdick" keeps running the numbers up to a certani level then bails on the auction, I wonder if he's a dealer-buddy or some kid having fun.

I don't think anyone is criticising any them personally. Since a car cannot be manufactured with items on material hold (car held because parts to build it are unavailable) surely any dealer knows it would be impossible that this one was made if the material hold actually applied to this car. And what exactly makes a car "rare?" Is there no one making them? Are they unavailable in some way? Sounds like subjective marketing BS to me.

They have right to try to sell the car for whatever they choose, but others have the same right to criticise them if we feel they're asking too much or for any reason anyone feels is valid. Yes, it's their right to get every cent they can (as opposed to charge a more reasonable price), and forums like these have a right to post the names and addresses of such dealers so principled buyers can do busines elsewhere in the future if they so choose -- the knife cuts both ways -- that's how a free market economy provides balance. There's a line between a mark-up and bleeding the public and each person can determine where that is. Mine is MSRP max (I've never paid more than $300 over invoice, but MSRP is ok w/me on this car). hat's my opinin and it's defended by the same freedoms that protect Lade Ford in in Frankton, Texas.

Why would anyone defend Lade Ford's actions? They didn't just put a big ADM on it, they're misrepresenting it -- that's reprehensible IMHO. They could sell it for $10-15K over like their first car -- no one would have a problem with that. No, they decided to go for broke and to help them achieve that the've misrepresented the car with that little extra bit of marketing flair by artificially adding exclusivity (like this car needs that to sell). If anyone knows this dealer personally, maybe clue them in so they can correct their 'error.' And while they're at it, they might actually read the information Ford supplies them rather than fabricate or exploit stories that may very well violate their franchise agreement -- intentional misrepresentation is fraud; unintentional is mere stupidity -- only they know which actually applies.

Anyhow, that's my opinion on this dealer -- and God bless America for permitting it to have a voice.

:sos:

I don't think anyone is criticising any them personally. Since a car cannot be manufactured with items on material hold (car held because parts to build it are unavailable) surely any dealer knows it would be impossible that this one was made if the material hold actually applied to this car. And what exactly makes a car "rare?" Is there no one making them? Are they unavailable in some way? Sounds like subjective marketing BS to me.

They have right to try to sell the car for whatever they choose, but others have the same right to criticise them if we feel they're asking too much or for any reason anyone feels is valid. Yes, it's their right to get every cent they can (as opposed to charge a more reasonable price), and forums like these have a right to post the names and addresses of such dealers so principled buyers can do busines elsewhere in the future if they so choose -- the knife cuts both ways -- that's how a free market economy provides balance. There's a line between a mark-up and bleeding the public and each person can determine where that is. Mine is MSRP max (I've never paid more than $300 over invoice, but MSRP is ok w/me on this car). hat's my opinin and it's defended by the same freedoms that protect Lade Ford in in Frankton, Texas.

Why would anyone defend Lade Ford's actions? They didn't just put a big ADM on it, they're misrepresenting it -- that's reprehensible IMHO. They could sell it for $10-15K over like their first car -- no one would have a problem with that. No, they decided to go for broke and to help them achieve that the've misrepresented the car with that little extra bit of marketing flair by artificially adding exclusivity (like this car needs that to sell). If anyone knows this dealer personally, maybe clue them in so they can correct their 'error.' And while they're at it, they might actually read the information Ford supplies them rather than fabricate or exploit stories that may very well violate their franchise agreement -- intentional misrepresentation is fraud; unintentional is mere stupidity -- only they know which actually applies.

Anyhow, that's my opinion on this dealer -- and God bless America for permitting it to have a voice.

:sos:

Right-on ---- Couldn`t have said it better myself.

Right-on ---- Couldn`t have said it better myself.

By contrast:

I just got back from our local dealer (they know I won't pay over MSRP) just to see how things are doing and say hello to some acquaintances. We're in a rural area of upstate NY, but this is the largest Ford dealer in the area. Last I talked to them they hadn't set a ADM yet; they were waiting to know how many they would get before they set the price. They picked a $5K ADM. Two have been sold; have 6 more committed to them (all pre-sold at the same price).

I asked if they were aware of the situation and why they picked such a low ADM. Answer: '...we know the the car is special but we've been in business for 60 years and most of our sales are to long term customers -- we want to be able to say that our price is below the average markup on that car.' Now that's a reasonable answer. Btw, the salesmen will share some portion of the ADM. I asked him if the ADM will come down in his opinion. Answer: 'well, if anyone backs out and we've gone through our list and no one's willing to pay $5K over, sure; but we have well over 50 names on the list.'

That's a dealer who is to be respected. I was talking for about 20 minutes with a 'rookie' salesman I hadn't seen before. I was in cutoff jeans, t-shirt, sockless, moccasins. He never saw me before, was courteous, very knowledgeable and always refered to me as 'sir' (even when I told him my name is Dan); he could not have been nicer -- no sales pressure of any kind...so I asked him why. He said 'that's not the way we do business; we find that even buyers who shop around will come back if their visit was pleasant and free of pressure.' Right-on, I said.

That's when I went in to the GM (who I know) to tell him I like how he's handling this and ask him when I'll get mine at $300 over invoice (I was kidding, of course). His answer: 'Dan, you know if I could do that I would, but with a long list [of names] and an allocation of 8, I can't. Right now we're getting a couple of calls a day [on GT500] -- check back with me this winter. I'm not promising anything, but I'll tell you what I know. Maybe we'll get more next year.'

That's a dealer I'll do busines with (again) in the future. I'm sure some will call him stupid for not maxing what he can get. I think he's very smart!

Btw, I told him after we talked that I wanted to post a synopsis of our conversations online. His response: 'you can do whatever you want, just don't use my name or post our friggin number -- we don't need more calls on this car, it's bad enough we're turning down long-term-customers. We've already told Ford they should make more this year, because once the competition arrives, things will change.'

I found that very insightfull... he knows he could pillage on this car, and that it might be a one-shot opportunity -- but won't do it. I knew there was a reason I always liked them.

Well, "classiccornersales" is the apparent winner of Lade's "more rare" (not to mention heavier) GT500.

Sounds like a reseller to me - creating an artificial market.

Hmmm, I guess there's a fine line between reseller and 'broker' -- the latter being banned by Ford edict for this car. But I suspect you're right. Reseller cuts a deal, then buys the car and resells it. Sounds like a way around the edict -- would be interesting to know if it goes down as one transaction or two. I'm betting on one, which would make him a broker and put Lade Ford in violation of their franchise agreement IMO, if that's true. Because if it was two transactions, the buyer got a 'used car and the state geot two tax bites -- unlikely.

Maybe we could post a 'sticky' category for dealers we'd like to burn in effegy. :hysterical:

Well, "classiccornersales" is the apparent winner of Lade's "more rare" (not to mention heavier) GT500.

Sounds like a reseller to me - creating an artificial market.

It looks like two dealers were bidding on this RARE CAR .

$61,000.00 What a deal maybe they are going to re -sell it , still $40,000 to be made on this Rare vehiclel :hysterical:

Archived