TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Billet Lower Grill Installed

There is no way to mark the existing hole from the back side and transfer it accurately to the front. This is what I did.

1. I held the grill on the front of the car to get an idea where the flanges would lay out on the plastic facia. I then marked those spots on the plastic facia.

2. I then drilled the 4 holes in the plastic facia. You have to be right on.

3. I then held the grill into position with my tie wire rigging and while holding it in place, I took my drill and stuck the bit thru the plastic holes and drilled a score mark in the metal grill flange.

4. I then drilled the holes in the flanges.

5. I then put the grill into position and did a dry fit of the rivits to make sure they all worked.

6. I them rivited the grill into place.

Collision and exactly the same process. You did it first so feel free to apply for the patent.

Got 'er dun. I actually did mine a little different. I removed the 8 screws holding the plastic piece on underneath the car so I could get behind the front fascia. This allowed me to put the grill in place and then poke through from the back side with some small surgical scissors that were very sharp. I was then able to drill the holes completely through from the front. Worked out pretty good. Thanks for the tips.

Archived