TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Powered by ford sticker

shelbygt

all I can say is you guys need to be carefull when you park your cars.some yahoo finds out he can make a few hundred bucks just buy pulling your emblems off with a piece of fishing line,come to think of it us hertz guys better watch it also.DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CARS UNATENDED

damn I didn't know they are that expensive. What if we loose ours, can we purchase them through SPP?

You will need some sort of documentation or authentication that the badges were lost, stolen or damaged. Same as with the Hood Scoop and rocker panel stripe.

Seller cancelled that bid. Looks like that bidder made a bid of a $1,000. The seller cancelled it stating 0 feedback and unrealistic bid! LOL

Now you can get over a 50% discount!!! Only $355 now. :hysterical:

I also noticed the previous "Friends of Amy" question and answer is no longer

there.

Hmmm... perhaps some current SGT owner (who shall remain nameless) took

matters into their own hands and tried to sabotage the auction.

Although at $355 or more, I don't see the point of spending that money to

get an SGT exclusive item (or for that matter any of the genuine parts you

can buy from SPP). What's next as Sudden implies, a Chinese guy making

knock-off Shebly interior plaques that you can etch fake CSM #s? As long

as there is a CSM#, VIN, and Shelby Registry, a genuine SGT is always safe.

Heck, I'd save my ebay $ to buy a real complete SGT at some of the great

prices being thrown around in this forum.

-Tom

I don't thinkk everybody looking to buy these badges is trying to clone a Shelby GT. They are nice looking badges that could go well on any customized Ford. You may even see some of these show up on trucks and hot rods. I am sure nobody would be surprised how much some people will spend to customize a car exactly the way they want it.

I don't thinkk everybody looking to buy these badges is trying to clone a Shelby GT. They are nice looking badges that could go well on any customized Ford. You may even see some of these show up on trucks and hot rods. I am sure nobody would be surprised how much some people will spend to customize a car exactly the way they want it.

Don't get me wrong... I agree with you that they are very nice badges (better than the ones

offered in the SPP catalog) and would look nice on just about any customized Ford. I just thought

some of the concern on this forum was that it was an exclusive SGT item and should've never

been sold as a separate item (on ebay or anywhere else). That is why SAI is being careful about

replacing one that has been damaged/stolen/lost from legit SGTs.

Amy or Chris had mentioned on a Terlingua thread that some of its parts would never be sold

separate from the entire package in order to make it harder to copycat. I thought this badge

was in the same category.

-Tom

damn I didn't know they are that expensive. What if we loose ours, can we purchase them through SPP?

Off topic.....

Your car look excellent! I love that hood, grille and stripe delete! Very nice.

Dan

Off topic.....

Your car look excellent! I love that hood, grille and stripe delete! Very nice.

Dan

I agree completely about Sun57's car... especially that "Powered by Ford"

badge. :hysterical:

But since you went off topic, my question is how hard was it to remove

the stripes without damaging the paint? Who did the job?

-Tom

Somebody who bought a set posted that 200 sets "got out" before SAI stopped outside sales of the new badges, so you are going to see these popping up for a while. Get used to it.

AfBlue bought a few sets of these while they were for sale "legally", smart guy. He then sold a set on EBAY for $5-600 bucks and saved the rest for a rainy day sale. Again, smart guy.

Archived