TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Waiting for a Boss vs. Broke

robertlane

Who likes the Shelby but:

A) Doesn't have the money for one yet.

B) Waiting for a Boss over the Shelby anyway.

I'm in the "A" category. But, by the time I leave the poor house, the Boss should be out :happy feet:

I currently own the last 70 Boss 302 released by ford for retail sale. It also happens to be the last of only 30 Boss promo cars built for 1970.

To have both a coupe and convertible Shelby on the way is much more than a bit exciting!

Was really waiting for another true boss car but the Shelby GT500 will suit me fine.

I am also first on list for the new Boss whenever it becomes avail.

Most likely will have to sell one of the Shelby's to get it but.............. will see when the time comes

I may even part with my Boss Promo car to get the new BOSS version.

Who likes the Shelby but:

A) Doesn't have the money for one yet.

B) Waiting for a Boss over the Shelby anyway.

I'm in the "A" category. But, by the time I leave the poor house, the Boss should be out :happy feet:

I'm definitely in the ( B ) category....but with three kids and a mortgage, I'm permanently in the poor house!! :)

I'm not sure what I want yet. I have to see what the Boss has to offer. Just hoping the dealers don't rape us on those too.

Maybe even a Shelby GT, not sure.

I really can't afford a GT500 at present and it really isn't what I would want even if I could. A hi-revving, sweet handling Boss that looks like the PJ Saleen is just what I would like to order!!! :happy feet:

• 5 weeks later...

If I could get a Boss at MSRP - I would snatch it up in a heartbeat. The same would go for a GT500. It's the ADM's that knock it out of reality for me. :wacko:

IF Ford can produce a Boss faithful to the original design (see the Saleen PJ Mustang as an prime example), then ADM's will certainly be part of the equation for those who want an early model. However, if you are patient and give it some time, I feel certain you can purchase one for MSRP.

IF Ford can produce a Boss faithful to the original design (see the Saleen PJ Mustang as an prime example), then ADM's will certainly be part of the equation for those who want an early model. However, if you are patient and give it some time, I feel certain you can purchase one for MSRP.

+1...

Waiting to see what the Ford smorgasboard serves up. The meanest N.A. V8 machine at the right price is what I'm waiting for. The GT500 is awesome but overpriced (even at MSRP for my 'value' system); if the Boss is a true lightweight curve-carver I'll be in heaven. ;)

248-668-0821

So, we're still waiting :) what's the $-adder for the mods? Some example pricing for a few combinations?

Just curious, Nick (are you Nick@Mustang 69 Inc.??) how did you get to license the BOSS name from Ford? ...and are those hip scoops functional (in the prices you quote?). Appreciate your insight/sharing what you can -- I like what I see (and I think some others do too) but need some solid pricing info here. Thanks...

-Dan

+1...

Waiting to see what the Ford smorgasboard serves up. The meanest N.A. V8 machine at the right price is what I'm waiting for. The GT500 is awesome but overpriced (even at MSRP for my 'value' system); if the Boss is a true lightweight curve-carver I'll be in heaven. ;)

Amen, brother!!! :rockon: If they build it, Dan and I will buy!!! :yup:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in a little bit of everyone's boat:

-ADM knocked me out of the game;

-Needed a new rig so I bought a F150 (FX4);

-Need to recharge the fund$

-Interested in the Shelby GT (with blower option) and Boss, too

Adopting a wait & see attitude while saving money and waiting for ADM's to tail off of the GT500. So....I just sit back and save, while waiting to decide what to do.... So, I guess that's working out "okay" for me. I would much rather have too much money, and buy one of each! Then I woke up... :yup:

I'm in a little bit of everyone's boat:

-ADM knocked me out of the game;

-Needed a new rig so I bought a F150 (FX4);

-Need to recharge the fund$

-Interested in the Shelby GT (with blower option) and Boss, too

Adopting a wait & see attitude while saving money and waiting for ADM's to tail off of the GT500. So....I just sit back and save, while waiting to decide what to do.... So, I guess that's working out "okay" for me. I would much rather have too much money, and buy one of each! Then I woke up... :yup:

crispy, glad to hear I'm not the only one having those type of dreams!! I'm pretty much out of the GT500 game, mostly by choice. The car didn't turn out as I had hoped so I'm pretty much in the wait and see group right now. My number one goal is to get a Boss (so much so that even my 3 yr old son knows daddy wants a Boss Mustang!!) but it has to be executed much better than the GT500, min 400 NA HP, 6 spd, light weight, stellar brakes (I'd definitely take the GT500 brakes in a lighter car) and equally impressive handling, in short a road race car for the street. Now make the displacement 5.0L and I'm totally sold. But I digress. So count me in as another member of the "wait and see" group!!!

crispy, glad to hear I'm not the only one having those type of dreams!! I'm pretty much out of the GT500 game, mostly by choice. The car didn't turn out as I had hoped so I'm pretty much in the wait and see group right now. My number one goal is to get a Boss (so much so that even my 3 yr old son knows daddy wants a Boss Mustang!!) but it has to be executed much better than the GT500, min 400 NA HP, 6 spd, light weight, stellar brakes (I'd definitely take the GT500 brakes in a lighter car) and equally impressive handling, in short a road race car for the street. Now make the displacement 5.0L and I'm totally sold. But I digress. So count me in as another member of the "wait and see" group!!!

You know, mustangfanatic, the PJ edition has the right power train... just a shame that it's out of reach in the mid $50's. Geez, my first house was $49,500 (albeit back in the day).

You know, mustangfanatic, the PJ edition has the right power train... just a shame that it's out of reach in the mid $50's. Geez, my first house was $49,500 (albeit back in the day).

I'll agree the PJ Saleen has the total package, looks powertrain, handling and braking but the price is shameful. Yeah, more than my first house too.

+1 ;):shift::baby:

Archived