TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GRABBER ORANGE SUPER SNAKE VERT!!!

Enis,

The car looks beautiful. It really does indeed look sweet. Makes me giddy looking at it.

I love this pic.

th_031408012.jpg

Easy does it on that front splitter. That driveway could put a guy in a bad mood some evening.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have to say that orange is the BEST (SS) color with flat black stripes, I was "this close" to getting a GO car but then settled on black and of course that was before the "SS stripe color controversy" even came up, I guess I'll suffer. Your car reminds me of the 69 Boss only better, much, much better. The headrests won't even be noticed in your car anyway. Other than that I'm speachless. :dreamy:

Thanks for all of the additional pics. Grabber Orange is indeed the most striking color for the SS; this would certainly be my choice if I were ordering a car with an SS upgrade in mind. I agree that the headrest could have had more of a factory look. However, this is a vey minor point IMHO compared to all of the improvements, both from a performance and looks standpoint, that the SS package brings. Also, I may be in the minority but I like the look of the standard GT500 shifter. If I were fortunate enough to get the SS package, I wouldn't mind the shifter remaining as is.

I'd have to say that orange is the BEST (SS) color with flat black stripes, I was "this close" to getting a GO car but then settled on black and of course that was before the "SS stripe color controversy" even came up, I guess I'll suffer. Your car reminds me of the 69 Boss only better, much, much better. The headrests won't even be noticed in your car anyway. Other than that I'm speachless. :dreamy:

are you kidding me? Orange is beautiful, but I think the black will be even better...

I think that it is extremely important that each of us that is having the SS conversion make it known that we will not be satisfied with those headrest and yes the White Shifter Ball was part of the original package and it is part of the attitude that goes with this type of muscle car. I think that SI will be not only hurting the ones with the SS package but they will be hurting their own credibillity. I have confidence in Amy and the team that they will make things right. That's my opinion. Man I hope my red convertible looks as good as the orange looks. I hope to see pictures of a red SS convertible soon.

Steve Crowe

I think that it is extremely important that each of us that is having the SS conversion make it known that we will not be satisfied with those headrest and yes the White Shifter Ball was part of the original package and it is part of the attitude that goes with this type of muscle car. I think that SI will be not only hurting the ones with the SS package but they will be hurting their own credibillity. I have confidence in Amy and the team that they will make things right. That's my opinion. Man I hope my red convertible looks as good as the orange looks. I hope to see pictures of a red SS convertible soon.

Steve Crowe

Steve, I have to agree unfortunately, the head rest covers and armrest (as seen on-line) do cheapen and detract from the looks of the SS and yes I too love the looks of the Hurst shifter ball as they were standard equipment on the muscle cars of the 60's/70's (even if not provided by the car manufacturers) and they really belong on the SS! :rant:

As requested, close up pictures of the gage pod, and new/different pics of the headrest pads in bright sunlight.

th_031608013.jpg

th_031608015.jpg

th_031608014.jpg

th_031608025.jpg

th_031608026.jpg

Few more pictures. Taken at 1042 Prinction Street, Venice CA, the original address where Carroll started Shelby American. Hollowed ground for Shelby nuts.

th_031608023.jpg

th_031608017.jpg

th_031608011.jpg

If the background of this picture looks familar, the next photo should help.

th_CarrollandthreeCobrasinVenice1963.jpg

Few more pictures. Taken at 1042 Prinction Street, Venice CA, the original address where Carroll started Shelby American. Hollowed ground for Shelby nuts.

th_031608011.jpg

th_031608017.jpg

th_031608023.jpg

Seems like I have been there before! Oh yea, I was there with YOU and about 10 other Shelby NUTS!!!!!! :happy feet:

Car still looks AWESOME! Thank for the extra pics

michael morris

Steve Crowe

Steve - I confirmed with Amy directly today that SAI will work with the supplier regarding the headrest and console cover quality control issues. She also confirmed that at least for now there will be no white ball Hurst style shifter but the current short throw shifter as specified will be used instead. Until a new design is proven there will be no running change, but there could be one down the road. I expressed to Amy how important these issues were to some of us. She responded promptly and thoroughly. I was hoping , however for good news on the shifter and exhaust, but to no avail.

Steve - I confirmed with Amy directly today that SAI will work with the supplier regarding the headrest and console cover quality control issues. She also confirmed that at least for now there will be no white ball Hurst style shifter but the current short throw shifter as specified will be used instead. Until a new design is proven there will be no running change, but there could be one down the road. I expressed to Amy how important these issues were to some of us. She responded promptly and thoroughly. I was hoping , however for good news on the shifter and exhaust, but to no avail.

Nice follow up work on behalf of us all. Thanks! :beerchug:

Actually, these two are the same background. The garage door and service door have both been replaced with glass / glass doors. You can still see the corner guards on your pic and in the old pic for the garage door. Also, the brick pattern is the same. The old pic was the January 2008 photo in the Shelby Children's Foundation calendar. It is hanging at my desk, so I have spent way too much time looking at it!!

BTW, very cool pictures and car!!

th_031608011.jpg

Actually, these two are the same background. The garage door and service door have both been replaced with glass / glass doors. You can still see the corner guards on your pic and in the old pic for the garage door. Also, the brick pattern is the same. The old pic was the January 2008 photo in the Shelby Children's Foundation calendar. It is hanging at my desk, so I have spent way too much time looking at it!!

BTW, very cool pictures and car!!

I did not notice that until now. I aparantly posted the pictures out of sequence, but have corrected that error now.

Thanks for the heads up on that.

Nice follow up -thanks for youe effort

Nice follow up work on behalf of us all. Thanks! :beerchug:

No problem. We are all in this together. I explained to Amy that most of us wanted a complete package and dreaded the thought of having to spend more time and money after we get our cars back. I also mentioned that it would be logical to expect some type of adjustment when items are dropped from the program, but she was quick to point out that they have added items in as well with no xtra charge (like harmonic balancers on 07 cars) and try to be fair. Of course SAI looks at total program cost when each of us is concerned with our particular car. Example : If full exhaust and hurst shifter are deleted I am not necessarily comforted as an 08 owner by the fact that that savings went back into the program to fix the 07 harmonic balancer issues. Yet I understand that for the program to be viable, SAI must look at the big picture. She did not specify or indicate that running changes would be retro for early cars. She did not committ to any, other than to address the headrest and console cover quality issue and the possibility of a shifter change.

Now back to Son of Gt's car....WOW-it sits so sweet! Not trying to hijack the thread, but the quality issues and progress report with Amy were a result of your thread and the preview you gave us. I hope everyone provides details and pix like you did! Thanks!

How did I manage to miss this thread?

I'm speechless! That is one beautiful Snake. Couldn't go to a better home. Can't get enough pictures.

Gotta have a vert so everyone else can see that huge grin thatis permanently etched on your face :)

Drive fun, drive safe! Happy Motoring!!!!

It seems I have to check this thread every few days, and when I do i find that I MUST o thru the pics one by one again and and again just to admire the sheer beauty of SonofGT's bee-u-tee-ful SS!!

E, just on the outside chance... you wouldn't be out in LV area bewteen May 14th and the 27th by any chance, would ya? :hyper: :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

;)

It seems I have to check this thread every few days, and when I do i find that I MUST o thru the pics one by one again and and again just to admire the sheer beauty of SonofGT's bee-u-tee-ful SS!!

E, just on the outside chance... you wouldn't be out in LV area bewteen May 14th and the 27th by any chance, would ya? :hyper: :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

;)

No plans to be, but if there's a weekend within those dates, then I might just be in the area! Let me check my schedule and I will get back to you on that Sir.

To everyone, my sincerest thanks to you for all of the complements and kudos about the car, and I am truely flattered and humbled by your kind words and sentiments. And even though I did not build the car myself, I am honored and blessed to own it and honored to be apart of this association; this family called Team Shelby.

Thank you all.

No plans to be, but if there's a weekend within those dates, then I might just be in the area! Let me check my schedule and I will get back to you on that Sir.

To everyone, my sincerest thanks to you for all of the complements and kudos about the car, and I am truely flattered and humbled by your kind words and sentiments. And even though I did not build the car myself, I am honored and blessed to own it and honored to be apart of this association; this family called Team Shelby.

Thank you all.

And the oscar goes to, Son Of GT!!!

just :tease: seriously you should be very proud, your car has become my new screen saver!

Thank you all.

How about Denver the first week of June? I'm there for a conference.

Maybe you need a country-wide tour... :shift:

Archived