TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GRABBER ORANGE SUPER SNAKE VERT!!!

Thank you very much and no offense taken what so ever. I don't disagree with anyone's obversations about the headrest pads; and I have privately expressed my feelings/concerns about them to SAI because I feel that's the proper protocol to follow in these matters. Being the first Super Snake package on the road, my car is an "Ambassador" for SAI and the package itself, so this flaw, as minor as it is to the overall beauty of the car, could reflect poorly back on SAI and the package in general, so it's really up to them to set the importance priority on wheather or not to get better looking pads on the cars and when.

I believe that when other SS owners do the same either before or after delivery of their cars, SAI will look into doing something about correcting the pad issues, but I don't think that they will (or should) stop or slow production of the SS packages now waiting for their vendor or another one to come up with better matching pads. It's a fine balance for those who are waiting, because issues like this could hold production up for a flaw that could easely be resolved post delivery. Believe me, if SAI called me and said that my car would be delayed for an additional six weeks because the pads don't exactly match, I would have told them to install whatever they had in stock and send me the better ones later. I suspect that's how most people waiting for their cars will handle it.

IMO, Right now, public opinion will get things changed allot faster than one person squaking about a minor flaw on the car THAT THE OWNER IS ABSOLUTELY F'IN IN LOVE WITH!!!!!!!

Jeez, I feel like Tom Cruse on Oprah. :hysterical2:

Oh, sorry; forgot about the shifter question. All I can tell you is that as far as I know, all Supersnakes will be getting an FRPP shifter, and I can't tell you (don't know) what happened to the Hurst shifters.

PICTURES? I'm working on them. Take the shot, download it to the computer, upload them to Photobucket, download them here. PHEW, that's allot of work, but that's what I'll be doing after dinner, so stay tuned.....

I agree E. I havent got the car yet, but if, and that a big IF, they arent up to par I was thinking about ordering new headrests and having someone REMAKE the headrests. Dont think it would be very expensive, but would be impossible for SAI to send each headrest out and wait for them to come back. Im NOT worried about the headrest at ALL. To me it seems like an easy fix.

Enjoy your dinner and we look forward to the new pics.

michael morris

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea but the Kenne Bell looks so COOL :happy feet:

michael morris

Michael, I'm not a such a big fan of billet S/Cs... they tend to trap heat unevenly and the KBs have had their share of problems too. No product is perfect, but Eaton is a world-class organization built on engineering excellence, so I guess you can tell which I'd get if I was gettin' ;-) Not raggin on KB, just that for me the choice is clear, even tho the KB has more overall potential due to it's larger displacement. If it was a drag car primarily, the KB might be my choice but, as a road car primarily, I'll take the Eaton TVS any day. I actually like the sculpted 'factory' look of the TVS too but that would not affect my pref.

Michael, I'm not a such a big fan of billet S/Cs... they tend to trap heat unevenly and the KBs have had their share of problems too. No product is perfect, but Eaton is a world-class organization built on engineering excellence, so I guess you can tell which I'd get if I was gettin' ;-) Not raggin on KB, just that for me the choice is clear, even tho the KB has more overall potential due to it's larger displacement. If it was a drag car primarily, the KB might be my choice but, as a road car primarily, I'll take the Eaton TVS any day. I actually like the sculpted 'factory' look of the TVS too but that would not affect my pref.

I live on a dirt road and I drive a truck most of the time, so this car is going to be more of a drive it if I have time. I know Im going to want to drive it ALL the time, but it just cant happen for me right now. If the county gets off the butt and paves the road then this might change, but that could be awhile. I NEVER going to bring the car home. Either will be on the showroom or 20 mintues away at the storage building. With that said, Im not going to get to drive it much right now so problems with HEAT and not having a warranty really havent ever crossed my mind. Now if I was going to get to drive it alot more then I would AGREE 100% with you, but no more than Im going to get to drive I want the FULL MEAL DEAL on the HP. Might even change the pulley and get all the HP I can just for the heck of it. Now if yall want to call my county and help me get the road paved then I could drive it EVERY DAY :happy feet:

michael morris

Michael,

Who are you using for shipping and did the price go up due to deisel going through the roof. Did you get a ship date yet? Are they shipping your parts with the car or through another service?

Im using FED EX, the same folks SAI uses. Still the same price and hoping to have another car in there with it. I dont have a shipping date yet, but im going to work on that today. SAI ships the parts seperate from the car. I dont expect the extra parts for a few weeks.

michael morris

MM-

I know there was extensive testing by SAI on the 725 HP version and originally they had planned to use the FRPP/Roush supercharger for both versions but for must have found the KB to be better equipped to deliver the HP to the rear tires. I seriously doubt SAI would produce a high performance car that has potential problems.

I am very anxious to hear reports from owners as they get their cars back. I guess that is the bright side of being 08SS0247. I would bet you have a grin from ear to ear upon stepping on it...

JW

I cant WAIT!! My wife is really the one with WOT problem. We have a corvette a few years ago. After she spent the day in the car (work, going to the mall) she told me that driving the corvette was "Better than Sex", she HAS NOT driven a sports car since. I just dont need the competion :hysterical2:

michael morris

We have a corvette a few years ago. After she spent the day in the car (work, going to the mall) she told me that driving the corvette was "Better than Sex", she HAS NOT driven a sports car since. I just to need the competion :hysterical2:

michael morris

Well, I was going to answer back about the corvette quote--but this is a family site :play: :tease: :hysterical2:

Bud

SGT-

The Road and Track article from a few months ago mentioned that the new rear end/differential has quite a bit of "gear whine" that makes conversation difficult. What is your take on this? I guess if the top is down it doesnt really matter but just curious what you think.

Thanks.

JW

Thank you very much and no offense taken what so ever. I don't disagree with anyone's obversations about the headrest pads; and I have privately expressed my feelings/concerns about them to SAI because I feel that's the proper protocol to follow in these matters. Being the first Super Snake package on the road, my car is an "Ambassador" for SAI and the package itself, so this flaw, as minor as it is to the overall beauty of the car, could reflect poorly back on SAI and the package in general, so it's really up to them to set the importance priority on wheather or not to get better looking pads on the cars and when.

I believe that when other SS owners do the same either before or after delivery of their cars, SAI will look into doing something about correcting the pad issues, but I don't think that they will (or should) stop or slow production of the SS packages now waiting for their vendor or another one to come up with better matching pads. It's a fine balance for those who are waiting, because issues like this could hold production up for a flaw that could easely be resolved post delivery. Believe me, if SAI called me and said that my car would be delayed for an additional six weeks because the pads don't exactly match, I would have told them to install whatever they had in stock and send me the better ones later. I suspect that's how most people waiting for their cars will handle it.

IMO, Right now, public opinion will get things changed allot faster than one person squaking about a minor flaw on the car THAT THE OWNER IS ABSOLUTELY F'IN IN LOVE WITH!!!!!!!

Jeez, I feel like Tom Cruse on Oprah. :hysterical2:

Oh, sorry; forgot about the shifter question. All I can tell you is that as far as I know, all Supersnakes will be getting an FRPP shifter, and I can't tell you (don't know) what happened to the Hurst shifters.

PICTURES? I'm working on them. Take the shot, download it to the computer, upload them to Photobucket, download them here. PHEW, that's allot of work, but that's what I'll be doing after dinner, so stay tuned.....

I agree completely that if they wait till everything is perfect no cars will get done. On the other hand if too many things either go to the wayside or are below an acceptable standard of quality the final product could be diluted and lose some appeal. When questions arise we need to approach SAI(like I did today) and have an open discussion. Hopefully SAI will get a company to professionally make new headrests. After all when I had a much cheaper 2k DVD system put in my Denali they replaced the headrest with a unit that accomodated a DVD screen. Maybe post issue they will find a solution and then take care of the "earlier" cars so they all have a professional look.

Regarding the shifter- I confirmed today with Cynthia who conferred with Bud that all SuperSnake shifters will remain aesthetically stock, modified internally only. No Hurst White ball shifter....that's a bummer :cry: . I was really disappointed to learn that today. I told Cynthia that a while ago I was told that Hurst was working on a six speed version similar to the SGT version, but she said it's a no go. Shifters retain stock look. Maybe we can respectfully encourage them to follow through on the original plan and work with Hurst or another manufacturer to get this done. I thought I saw the six speed version in the Shelby catalog, but something must have changed.

Cynthia also said that the exhaust issue is still being explored. I guess we will find out the outcome sometime in the future.

I will be directing a detailed email to Amy and Cynthia on a few pertinent issues. These inquiries will keep important issues on the front burner and help them stay on track well. For this reason the owners of early cars need to share impressions and photos as soon as possible so that as the program evolves it just gets better. That benefits us and SAI as well.

Ladies and Gentlemen, for your viewing pleasure..... NEW PICTURES!!!!

th_031408001.jpg

Trunk mat. I don't have a trunk monkey, I have a trunk cobra!

th_031408004.jpg

Floor mat.

th_031408002.jpg

High performance lightweight door lock buttons :hysterical:

th_031408003.jpg

Close up of headrest pad and top of seat.

th_031408007.jpg

Closer and from a different angle.

More photos next frame...

Photos continued...

th_031408005.jpg

Self expanatory.

th_031408006.jpg

Close up of gage pod and dash plaque.

th_031408008.jpg

Map light trim plate.

th_031408009.jpg

Close up of CF RV mirror trim.

th_031408011.jpg

CF air splitter. Notice the new contoured edge?

th_031408010.jpg

Heat extractor vent louvers. These suckers get hot enough to grill a burger on them.

More next frame....

Photos continued...

th_031408018.jpg

Underside of heat extractor vents.

th_031408017.jpg

Overview of engine along with Billet SS caps and covers.

th_031408013.jpg

Core support tag.

th_031408015.jpg

427 Aggie requested photos of how the hood pins are mounted.

th_031408014.jpg

Close up of hood pin. Notce how the core support is already dimpled? I wonder if FoMoCo was thinking ahead and put those there for this purpose (there's one on each side) or did SAI just find two simetrically placed holes that happen to work perfectly for hood pins. I'm inclined to think that FoMoCo was thinking ahead, and if that is indeed the case, you gotta admit that's very cool on their part to do that.

th_031408012.jpg

Top up and cleaned within a inch of it's life and my sore back! :hysterical2:

Photos continued again...

th_031408021.jpg

BOO!

th_031408020.jpg

Not as sexy as Sexystang, but pretty darn close don't you think?. :dance:

th_031408022.jpg

Last photo in this series.

You are all very welcome, and thank you very much!

Ladies and Gentlemen, for your viewing pleasure..... NEW PICTURES!!!!

th_031408003.jpg

Close up of headrest pad and top of seat.

th_031408007.jpg

Closer and from a different angle.

More photos next frame...

Trying to put this as nice as possible...

It will be hard to give an honest opinion here with people slobbering all over your car and how wonderful it is.

I find a few things that are distasteful about it, but one in particular that I just have to say something about.

The headrest.

I'm sorry, but they look like crap!

The color is off by a few shades, the grain is not correct for what has been used in the rest of the seat, and the material is too loose. It has not been properly stretched over the foam, or was made too big. And the white is way too bright, it should have been a little grayer.

I'll keep the other stuff I don't like to myself, I'm sure I will get flamed enough for this.

Throw out all the comments you want, I won't be back on this thread to see them...

Sorry Enis, just had to throw this out there.

THANK YOU SON!!!!

Thats what I ended up having to do...so they don't have new brakets coming for the hood pins they too have to drill a hole in the bottom of the core support and then put the pin where the rubber bumper used to be :)

One thing I wish they had done on the boost gauge was build one that shows vacuum as well. That gauge is no fun unless your foot is in it..at least with my GT I can watch it move left to right alot in and out of vacuum :(

Car looks great.

Matt

Trying to put this as nice as possible...

It will be hard to give an honest opinion here with people slobbering all over your car and how wonderful it is.

I find a few things that are distasteful about it, but one in particular that I just have to say something about.

The headrest.

I'm sorry, but they look like crap!

The color is off by a few shades, the grain is not correct for what has been used in the rest of the seat, and the material is too loose. It has not been properly stretched over the foam, or was made too big. And the white is way too bright, it should have been a little grayer.

I'll keep the other stuff I don't like to myself, I'm sure I will get flamed enough for this.

Throw out all the comments you want, I won't be back on this thread to see them...

Sorry Enis, just had to throw this out there.

No worries! Check my comments in post #89. Speak freely about what you don't like; I won't be offended. I'm a customer like everyone else here, so speak your mind. If you get flamed, it won't be from me cuz I didn't put the package together.

Thanks for the pics!!!

LOOKS AWESOME!!!!

just really hope they do something about those headrests and console covers... they r really bad...

i just don't want to have to get new ones custom made cause SAI can't get them right. we r all paying alot of money for this package and have waited a long time for it, i would have thought that this would have been corrected from the prototypes... I'm sad but still very happy!!!

As I mentioned in my earlier post the head rests really look amaturish in fit and color and texture, but they are probably easy to fix and get right. What concerns me most at this time is the guage package . On some of the early 40th cars the fit of the guage pod was really off with large gaps between the edge and the dash. I cant really tell from the pictures how the fit is on Son's car. . Son , could you please take some close ups of the dash pod for us.

Hopefully the folks at SAI monitor these forums and will make the necessary adjustments so we are all getting the quality a package such as this deserves. Son thanks again for posting the pictures . :reading:

As I mentioned in my earlier post the head rests really look amaturish in fit and color and texture, but they are probably easy to fix and get right. What concerns me most at this time is the guage package . On some of the early 40th cars the fit of the guage pod was really off with large gaps between the edge and the dash. I cant really tell from the pictures how the fit is on Son's car. . Son , could you please take some close ups of the dash pod for us.

Hopefully the folks at SAI monitor these forums and will make the necessary adjustments so we are all getting the quality a package such as this deserves. Son thanks again for posting the pictures . :reading:

Your welcome, and I'll take and post a couple of close up pictures of the gage pod for you tomorrow (Sunday).

We do need that Hurst or Ford Racing white ball KR shifter. It is part of the cars attitude and edge that makes it so attractive. Why would the KR have it and the SS have it removed from the package??? I want it back in....heck we are paying for it.

Archived