TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT photos and video

robertlane

Cool! Thanks, Robert.

What's up with all the Ford GT's in the parking lot?

It was a Ford GT meet. About 80 Ford GTs showed up from all over the states/provinces.

They were at Saleen yesterday, where they make the GTs. It will conclude Sunday at Wixom where the GTs receive the drivetrain and final assembly.

The last Ford GT for the U.S. market will be made sometime in Sept. sad.gif and will be followed by the last Ford GTs, which will go to Canada.

It was a Ford GT meet. About 80 Ford GTs showed up from all over the states/provinces.

They were at Saleen yesterday, where they make the GTs. It will conclude Sunday at Wixom where the GTs receive the drivetrain and final assembly.

The last Ford GT for the U.S. market will be made sometime in Sept. sad.gif and will be followed by the last Ford GTs, which will go to Canada.

ARTICLE LINK

Hi Robert - How have you been?

You didn't respond to my last PM - so I wasn't sure how you were.

You had asked me about a month ago about my August schedule - with hopes of arranging a Shelby 500 ride and drive - but I never heard back from you.

Matter of fact - you had asked me about:

a) a ride and drive with Tang in Dearborn - never happened. (2 months ago)

B) a ride and drive in Charlotte - never happened. (1 1/2 months ago)

c) a ride and drive in Texas (on a road course) - never happened.

d) you asked me how much time off I had in August so you could arrange some sort of ride & drive (and write it up for the site) - never happened.

So - to review - you've asked me about 4 ride/drives in a Shelby 500 so I could write up a piece for the site - and all 4 times you've not come through.

Good form, Robert! Well done.

Hi Robert - How have you been?

You didn't respond to my last PM - so I wasn't sure how you were.

You had asked me about a month ago about my August schedule - with hopes of arranging a Shelby 500 ride and drive - but I never heard back from you.

Matter of fact - you had asked me about:

a) a ride and drive with Tang in Dearborn - never happened. (2 months ago)

B) a ride and drive in Charlotte - never happened. (1 1/2 months ago)

c) a ride and drive in Texas (on a road course) - never happened.

d) you asked me how much time off I had in August so you could arrange some sort of ride & drive (and write it up for the site) - never happened.

So - to review - you've asked me about 4 ride/drives in a Shelby 500 so I could write up a piece for the site - and all 4 times you've not come through.

Good form, Robert! Well done.

Welcome to my world. We have not received a GT500 yet (was told 1st quarter of 06). Yesterday, we were told the Shelby GT would be at WHQ, but then two Ford people told us it was not coming. As we were leaving, they both yelled over to us that it was coming.

All that I can say is that the wheels are in motion here in Dearborn. . .

Now as for the 2007 Shelby GT, I believe that a lot of details between Ford and Shelby are being worked out, such as produciton numbers, which have not been worked out. I will update info. as soon as I get it. The Mustang Source forums also have a Shelby GT section, so check it out for info. too.

This car is part of Ford's bold moves program, so it was developed VERY fast, thus it will take some time to iron out the details.

Archived