TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It’s Official. Dodge Cars To Be Added To The Shelby Museum In Vegas.

• 2 months later...

Time for an update.

As some of you know the Shelby Autos museum is closed this month for the major remodeling. I spent some time there yesterday working with Amy's great crew and just want everyone to know the remodel is coming along great.

The museum has been expanded quite a bit. Hey those Dodge cars need some breathing room. The gift shop is also being expanded which means more room for some neat Shelby collectibles.

There will be a few surprises when it re-opens. Can't discuss them here as that would take away from the surprise part but all Team Shelby members will be in awe of the new museum features.

The grand re-opening will coincide with this years SEMA show so I predict there will be many large crowds visiting SAI that week.

I will be at the grand re-opening and will post some pics of the event for you.

Steve

Time for an update.

As some of you know the Shelby Autos museum is closed this month for the major remodeling. I spent some time there yesterday working with Amy's great crew and just want everyone to know the remodel is coming along great.

The museum has been expanded quite a bit. Hey those Dodge cars need some breathing room. The gift shop is also being expanded which means more room for some neat Shelby collectibles.

There will be a few surprises when it re-opens. Can't discuss them here as that would take away from the surprise part but all Team Shelby members will be in awe of the new museum features.

The grand re-opening will coincide with this years SEMA show so I predict there will be many large crowds visiting SAI that week.

I will be at the grand re-opening and will post some pics of the event for you.

Steve

Are you going to put a photo gallery of the new digs?

Two Dodge models are there. It is fitting and I am glad to see them included.

With another two coming :happy feet:

Unfortunately one of them will NOT be a 1986 GLHS. It was decided that if we included the 1986 GLHS we could never get Robert out of the museum :hysterical:

Ok that's the only hint you guys get. You'll have to come visit us to see what Dodge cars made it into the museum.

Steve

• 5 weeks later...

Just a reminder that although the Shelby Museum was reopened a few weeks back the official Grand Opening ribbon cutting with Carroll will happen during the January 2009 Vegas Bash.

There are four Shelby Dodge vehicles in the museum with a huge real neat wall banner. We were even able to garner one of the newly installed large LCD video monitors for the Dodge section which will be playing some archival Dodge footage from the 80's.

And word has it that someone has been sneaking a few more Shelby Dodge items into the Shelby Cafe. It's almost like "where's Waldo" but they are in there.

Now if I can only talk Amy into another live museum cam pointed at the Dodge section :hysterical2:

Steve

Thats funny about the web cam... I have checked it out a few times and yup its always stuck in the same position when I go and check. Maybe some good still pictures of the Dodge Shelby Section there can get posted here :yup:

Robb

OSDAC Member

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2291434

Robb

Yup there is currently only one webcam so it's pointed at the Cobra's which are at the beginning of the museum by the front door. The webcam is only live from 8am to 4pm PST.

I'll bring up the subject of adding an additional webcam with the IT guys on my next Vegas trip. Would be cool to have more than just one webcam running.

Steve

Hmm.. first 3. :lurk: I'll guess, one of them has to be a Charger. Either the Shelby Charger prototype or the Charger GLHS. An '86 GLHS and a CSX.

I was close, off by one. I didn't expect to the see Dakota there. It is a good choice though, since it is the one and only truck he produced.

I was close, off by one. I didn't expect to the see Dakota there. It is a good choice though, since it is the one and only truck he produced.

Yup not only a truck but RWD and V8 powered. My goal when selecting the three vehicles was to represent the broad range of vehicles produced by Shelby during the 1980's so we had to include the first V8 vehicle to roll out of Carroll's own plant since 1967.

Everyone make sure to let the folks in Vegas know that you enjoyed seeing the Dodge vehicles in the museum. If you take the guided tour just let the guide know you enjoyed seeing the Dodge cars or you can always write/email SAI to let them know.

The more SAI hears from the Dodge enthusiasts the more likely we can expand the Dodge presence in the Shelby family.

Steve

Yup not only a truck but RWD and V8 powered. My goal when selecting the three vehicles was to represent the broad range of vehicles produced by Shelby during the 1980's so we had to include the first V8 vehicle to roll out of Carroll's own plant since 1967.

Everyone make sure to let the folks in Vegas know that you enjoyed seeing the Dodge vehicles in the museum. If you take the guided tour just let the guide know you enjoyed seeing the Dodge cars or you can always write/email SAI to let them know.

The more SAI hears from the Dodge enthusiasts the more likely we can expand the Dodge presence in the Shelby family.

Steve

You did good B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bunch of Shelby Dodge folks going thru the museum during this Vegas bash party. DodgeShadowChik (MB) was taking plenty of pics and she promised she would post some of them.

It was good to see some folks from around the country and I even thought Craig had a chance at the furthest distance adward but a TS member from the Netherlands beat him.

Steve

Archived