TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Unprepped hood

I'm about to pull the trigger on an unprepped hood although have been advised that it might be a poor choice, has anyone seen one and could they give me their impressions of it. I've seen a prepped hood in person and have also heard that it still requires quite a bit of reworking, so I'm cursious if a prepped hood is even that much better of a deal. Please share your insight or experiences with me.

Posted the same thing under you question to Amy

I don't know what the unprepped one is going to look like but I can tell you the prepped one has about 40 hours of work on it already. Mine is on the car and today we are doing the stripes and the hood pins over at Keith Craft in Plano. The prep wasn't much and we had to spray on new primer to get good coverage. I would imagine that the unprepped will have gel coat on it that will need to be sanded over and primed as well as baked to make sure that any air pockets get removed. If you want to stop by today and see mine I will be there most of the day cause I want to take it to the SCAT meet and greet tomorrow and the Sunday car show over in Plano. Let me know.

Matt

I don't know what the unprepped one is going to look like but I can tell you the prepped one has about 40 hours of work on it already. Mine is on the car and today we are doing the stripes and the hood pins over at Keith Craft in Plano. The prep wasn't much and we had to spray on new primer to get good coverage. I would imagine that the unprepped will have gel coat on it that will need to be sanded over and primed as well as baked to make sure that any air pockets get removed. If you want to stop by today and see mine I will be there most of the day cause I want to take it to the SCAT meet and greet tomorrow and the Sunday car show over in Plano. Let me know.

Matt

Can you please post some pics of the hood.

I have seen the UN prepped hood in person. And is exactly that. UNPREPPED. It took about 25 hours for a shop here to get it to a standard that it could then be painted properly. It is a lot of work. If you have the option of getting one prepped first, I would ask extensive questions of exactly what their term of Prepped means. Mostly what more will it take before it can be painted.

Chris

www.TheDDDdirectory.com

YOUR Aftermarket Directory

I'm about to pull the trigger on an unprepped hood although have been advised that it might be a poor choice, has anyone seen one and could they give me their impressions of it. I've seen a prepped hood in person and have also heard that it still requires quite a bit of reworking, so I'm cursious if a prepped hood is even that much better of a deal. Please share your insight or experiences with me.

Matt

Matt,

What was the cost of your install ? Are you happy ? Any pictures ?

I'm in Tyler...

Michael

Matt,

What was the cost of your install ? Are you happy ? Any pictures ?

I'm in Tyler...

Michael

I'm going to be out today and will take some pictures of the finished product. I'm very happy with it and Rob and his guys made sure everything was perfect...I have to tally up everything and see what the final cost was because I had some special things done and other parts installed at the same time so it was all on one bill.

Matt

I'm going to be out today and will take some pictures of the finished product. I'm very happy with it and Rob and his guys made sure everything was perfect...I have to tally up everything and see what the final cost was because I had some special things done and other parts installed at the same time so it was all on one bill.

Matt

Thanks Matt ...

Michael

Archived