TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The 1983 Shelby Charger May Have Been A Ferrari 308 GTS If Carroll Hadn't Signed On With Chrysler

Here's a couple of pics of a Ferrari inspired "Turismo Spyder" designed by Bob Marcks back in the early eighties before Carroll joined Chrysler.

Not too sure how happy Ferrari was to see this back then but Marcks definently got it right from the windshield on back. The front end missed the mark in my opinion.

For all us 2 door L body owners check out the exhaust. Kind of explains why our bumpers look like they do.

Steve

LbodyFerrari1.jpg

LbodyFerrari2.jpg

Neat ride, Magnum PI would be proud!

big spare tire in the way of center exhaust though. Don't think I would want 2 sharp 90s to get the exhaust there. It does look good there though. Actually I think I like T tops on the car, what do you guys think?

Knowing how well the Daytona t-tops don't seal, a full targa top would probably be nicer. :)

• 1 month later...
Hi John and welcome to Team Shelby.

I don't recall ever seeing the exhaust run thru the bumper like you have. It sure sets your car apart from the others.

Steve

HI Steve,

Thanks!

Ya, the body guy that worked on my car ( http://www.patsauto.com/) had the 3 Inch hole saw up against the bumper cover and said "are you sure you want this?" lol He also custom made the tip. If you poke around on my home page you can see all the stuff that was done to it. Now its has alot of one off parts back in the day (93) when we started building it so alot of SC's out there now have more stuff that i do. One other thing i like about the back of the car is the missing 3rd brake light zit on the spoiler - i used an LED 3rd brake light and mounted it high inside - looks cool.

Archived