TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby PDI PCM Reset pdf & other Neat Info

EbonyGT500

Some have asked for a pdf file on the 2007 Shelby GT500 PDI where it shows the PCM must be reset prior to delivery.

The PDI is almost 50 pages long. A lot of ShelbyGT 500 specific info

One of the things I have mentioned in past is the TPMS. Part of the PDI is to check out the TPMS. more info soon when I can get them in pdf format.

Some have asked for a pdf file on the 2007 Shelby GT500 PDI where it shows the PCM must be reset prior to delivery.

The PDI is almost 50 pages long. A lot of ShelbyGT 500 specific info

One of the things I have mentioned in past is the TPMS. Part of the PDI is to check out the TPMS. more info soon when I can get them in pdf format.

Great Info ---THANKS

A little off topic here, but if anyone wants to see the actual specifications (e.g. WSS-M2C931-A), my company sells them.

Buy WSS-M2C931-A

I know...shameless advertising. I'll try not to let it happen again.

FORD WSS-M2C931-A - Complete Document

Revision: 04 Chg: Date: 06/21/04

OIL, ENGINE, API SL, SAE 5W-50 INITIAL FILL AND SERVICE FILL, FULLSYNTHETIC ***TO BE USED WITH FORD WSS-M99P1111-A***

Comments:

Superseding Document:

Page Count: 8

In Stock: Yes

Hardcopy Price: $ 30.00

Download Price: $ 30.00

What exactly are you selling?

30.00 for 8 pages? It has nothing Shelby GT500 in it.

That price can be beat by 30.00

FORD WSS-M2C931-A - Complete Document

Revision: 04 Chg: Date: 06/21/04

OIL, ENGINE, API SL, SAE 5W-50 INITIAL FILL AND SERVICE FILL, FULLSYNTHETIC ***TO BE USED WITH FORD WSS-M99P1111-A***

Comments:

Superseding Document:

Page Count: 8

In Stock: Yes

Hardcopy Price: $ 30.00

Download Price: $ 30.00

What exactly are you selling?

30.00 for 8 pages? It has nothing Shelby GT500 in it.

That price can be beat by 30.00

FORD WSS-M2C931-A is the specification Ford wrote that outlines the requirements for the 5W-50 oil to be used in the Shelby. Basically, every part on every Ford car has a Ford specification that outlines the requirments for manufacture of that part. All Ford suppliers have to buy all the specifications for any part they build for Ford to make sure they fit the correct requirements.

Let me tell you, in the standards and specifications business, $30 is CHEAP. We have some standards that are only a few pages long that go for $600 or $700. It's nutty. We never hear the end of it from customers. I should know...I run the pricing department. Check out this one. Only 100 pages and it goes for $875.00...and it is about aquarium equipment.

:wacko:

Only 100 pages and it goes for $875.00...and it is about aquarium equipment.

Geesh....I think I'd rather spend that $875 on a cat-back exhaust and a pulley swap.

what kind of info would all like to have on the GT500?

It's hard to say without knowing what's available, but is there any info on the PCM (I get Spanish Oak and Silver Oak mixed up...so whichever one the GT500 has)?

How about anything that describes specs on the engine internals...pistons, rods, crank, etc.?

Any repair/rebuild info?

Instructions on the features on the radio?

Thanks,

Dave

FORD WSS-M2C931-A is the specification Ford wrote that outlines the requirements for the 5W-50 oil to be used in the Shelby. Basically, every part on every Ford car has a Ford specification that outlines the requirments for manufacture of that part. All Ford suppliers have to buy all the specifications for any part they build for Ford to make sure they fit the correct requirements.

Let me tell you, in the standards and specifications business, $30 is CHEAP. We have some standards that are only a few pages long that go for $600 or $700. It's nutty. We never hear the end of it from customers. I should know...I run the pricing department. Check out this one. Only 100 pages and it goes for $875.00...and it is about aquarium equipment.

rpretzel, Just messin' with ya!

Geesh....I think I'd rather spend that $875 on a cat-back exhaust and a pulley swap.

It's hard to say without knowing what's available, but is there any info on the PCM (I get Spanish Oak and Silver Oak mixed up...so whichever one the GT500 has)?

How about anything that describes specs on the engine internals...pistons, rods, crank, etc.?

Any repair/rebuild info?

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

Yes, The shop manual to public for Shelby will be through HELM 800-782-4356. I have an order in for a full set which will not be avail until approx October or November. Think it was around 140.00

Yes I do have specs for the internals and radio info you asked about. Will see what I can do.

Anything else?

How about this?

Any repair/rebuild info?

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

Yes, The shop manual to public for Shelby will be through HELM 800-782-4356. I have an order in for a full set which will not be avail until approx October or November. Think it was around 140.00

Yes I do have specs for the internals and radio info you asked about. Will see what I can do.

Anything else?

post-6346-1155264724_thumb.jpg

post-6346-1155264724_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, my owners supplement says the spec now is WSS-M2C931-B. What's different now with the "B" vs. the "A" designator? Could it be now to use an SM rated 5w-50 vs. an SL rated 5w-50?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! If I'm not mistaken, Castrol Syntec is an SM rated 5w-50 full synthetic.

Scott

I just pulled up the PDS on Castrol Syntec 5W-50, and it is not SM rated. It's certified to the WSS-M2C931-A specification, which is the SL rating.

To avoid warranty issues, it looks like we are all going to have to take it up the poop-chute and pay for Mororcraft.

:banghead:

Castrol Syntec PDS

I just pulled up the PDS on Castrol Syntec 5W-50, and it is not SM rated. It's certified to the WSS-M2C931-A specification, which is the SL rating.

To avoid warranty issues, it looks like we are all going to have to take it up the poop-chute and pay for Mororcraft.

:banghead:

Castrol Syntec PDS

If you read this paragraph again in castrol oil, it does say SM.

SAE 5W-50: provides the widest range of protection available. SAE 5W-50 delivers exceptional

cold temperature pumpability for rapid oil circulation at start-up and provides a thick oil film for

ultimate wear protection. Exceeds all car and light truck manufacturer's warranty requirements for

the protection of gasoline, diesel and turbocharged engines where

API SM, SL, SJ, SH, CF or CD is recommended.

Am I missing something here?

If you read this paragraph again in castrol oil, it does say SM.

SAE 5W-50: provides the widest range of protection available. SAE 5W-50 delivers exceptional

cold temperature pumpability for rapid oil circulation at start-up and provides a thick oil film for

ultimate wear protection. Exceeds all car and light truck manufacturer's warranty requirements for

the protection of gasoline, diesel and turbocharged engines where

API SM, SL, SJ, SH, CF or CD is recommended.

Am I missing something here?

I stand corrected. I missed the "API SM" part. I wonder how they can claim that if the oil is certified to "SL" specification.

I stand corrected. I missed the "API SM" part. I wonder how they can claim that if the oil is certified to "SL" specification.

Since the 5-50 seems to be the issue, there should be nothing wrong going to a 10-50 or even 20-50 in warmer climates. As long as the rest of Ford Spec can be matched. Besides, I doubt that in the event of a failure they will send your oil to an laboratory, a good name brand synthetic really should be OK. I think we are getting a little to paranoid about warranty issues. :cheerleader:

I think we are getting a little to paranoid about warranty issues. :cheerleader:

Good point. I just didn't feel like working very hard today, so I decided to read all the related specifications to see what the difference was. The only difference I could find was the maximum allowable percentage of Phosphorus (SL=.10%, SM=.08%)

Anyway, I think I'm going to skip out of work early and go have a couple of brews.

"delivers exceptional cold temperature pumpability for rapid oil circulation at start-up and provides a thick oil film for ultimate wear protection."

Sounds like me on a cold Minnesota morning in January! :hysterical:

(edit) - oops, sorry that was kind of O.T. wasn't it!

Archived