TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008-2009 what to do!!

Tomorrow is d- day i have a dealer that i can order my vert for msrp i want grabber orange or white with the red stripe package but i also have seen spy photos for grabber blue for 2009 should i wait for 2009 can't decide

1) MSRP is a good price right now.

2) Many will argue that 2009 isn't for sure - I've been told by someone "in the know" that it will be.

3) If there's a 2009 - prices will likely go below 2009 (or at least be easier to find)

4) Don't count on Grabber Blue in 2009

In the end - is it better to get the car you want NOW, at a good price (MSRP), or wait longer for a 2009 (which will have a price increase over the 2008's - if it follows the 2007-2008 model it will be another $1000 for the same car)?

Your choice - but I'd order that 2008 at MSRP and enjoy it now.

1) MSRP is a good price right now.

2) Many will argue that 2009 isn't for sure - I've been told by someone "in the know" that it will be.

3) If there's a 2009 - prices will likely go below 2009 (or at least be easier to find)

4) Don't count on Grabber Blue in 2009

In the end - is it better to get the car you want NOW, at a good price (MSRP), or wait longer for a 2009 (which will have a price increase over the 2008's - if it follows the 2007-2008 model it will be another $1000 for the same car)?

Your choice - but I'd order that 2008 at MSRP and enjoy it now.

great advice any idea if all 600 red packages are gone thanks !!

Go for the '08. Who knows what prices will do in '09. They may go down even further (unlikely to go below MSRP). Or, if demand spikes for the last year of this body style (which will be a short model run), they may go up. The Red Stripe package may not be available in '09, either. If you have MSRP locked in, and you can order the car to your specs, I'd do it.

My advice is to buy the 2008 now and when the 2009 model comes out and you still want it trade in the 08 for the 09. By being a repeat customer hopefully your dealer will treat you right if you do decide to trade in your 08.

If you get the 08 now and decide to stay with it even when the 09 model comes out you'll be ahead of the game with a lower price and many hours of enjoyment/memories under your belt.

Steve

If it helps, Grabber Blue is not in the 2009 MY color list.

I remember in the late 1970's when I was pumping gas. One of our customers bought a full size Lincoln Continental. About 3 months later the 2nd oil shortage hit. That lady's car was made almost worthless (460ci). If the price of gas goes up again we may be able to get a 2009 GT500 at a good price. Just like the old days.

CaptDave

I remember in the late 1970's when I was pumping gas. One of our customers bought a full size Lincoln Continental. About 3 months later the 2nd oil shortage hit. That lady's car was made almost worthless (460ci). If the price of gas goes up again we may be able to get a 2009 GT500 at a good price. Just like the old days.

CaptDave

Anyone concerned about gas prices have no business buying a car like this. Gas prices won't affect the pricing on these. It might affect whether or not Ford keeps building them, which if they don't, prices will hit the roof!

Anyone concerned about gas prices have no business buying a car like this. Gas prices won't affect the pricing on these. It might affect whether or not Ford keeps building them, which if they don't, prices will hit the roof!

prices on the gt500 will be affected by 1 thing..job market...job market..job market....SD is right...gas price will have no affect on value of the gt500...of course if you just lost your job and have 3 kids at home..well that will

prices on the gt500 will be affected by 1 thing..job market...job market..job market....SD is right...gas price will have no affect on value of the gt500...of course if you just lost your job and have 3 kids at home..well that will

to answer your question...job 1 date on 09 stang is 5/27...if you can wait 2 months you should have all the information needed on wether to buy an 08 or 09...also 09 chally RT info is to be released at NYIAS in a few weeks (21st i think)....i cannot see ford waiting to much longer on releasing info (concerning 09 gt500 or other) and letting mopar run away with the muscle car market....things only tighten up next year when camaro arrives

to answer your question...job 1 date on 09 stang is 5/27...if you can wait 2 months you should have thanks fthe information needed on wether to buy an 08 or 09...also 09 chally RT info is to be released at NYIAS in a few weeks (21st i )....i cannot see ford waiting to much longer on releasing info (concerning 09 gt500 or other) and letting mopar run away with the muscle car market....things only tighten up next year when camaro arrives

Back from or the dealership ordered grabber orange ,all options except shaker 1000 (need room for golf clubs and i enjoy my portable nav for 300.00 better)

got car for msrp plus tax and title no doc fees to be built week of march 24 when we talked last week he put order in so i got vin today

msrp=51025

Back from or the dealership ordered grabber orange ,all options except shaker 1000 (need room for golf clubs and i enjoy my portable nav for 300.00 better)

got car for msrp plus tax and title no doc fees to be built week of march 24 when we talked last week he put order in so i got vin today

msrp=51025

good move [imo] you will be glad you did

msrp=51025

Congrats!

Another member of the MSRP club!! :dance:

msrp=51025

Congrats on the order. Did you happen to ask the dealer about availability on the red stripe package?

Congrats on the order. Did you happen to ask the dealer about availability on the red stripe package?

according to the district ordering it is no longer available but he made a call based on information that only around 400 were made and i yould know in a couple of day if i can change to white with red stripe since that is my 1st choice great dealer albion ford ,Vaughn was sales manager

msrp=51025

Another msrp deal, I love it congrats on your order now the fun starts trying to figure out what mods to spend all that saveings on. :yahoo:

msrp=51025

Good move. You can't enjoy it if you don't have it, no matter what you paid. You could wait forever otherwise. Have fun :superhero:

according to the district ordering it is no longer available but he made a call based on information that only around 400 were made and i yould know in a couple of day if i can change to white with red stripe since that is my 1st choice great dealer albion ford ,Vaughn was sales manager

Thanks. You'll love the car no matter what color.

I confirmed today through my local dealer that Ford will be building a 2009 GT500. They told me the current model year will likely continue into June. I have the opportunity to get a 08 at MSRP but I think I am going to wait a few months to see what new options are available on the 09 model. It I am not impressed I will get one of the remaining 08 allocations at the lower MSRP.

Archived