TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H 398 is now supercharged!!!!!!!!!!!

DLGT-H398

WOW!!!!!!! :happy feet:

well the whipple kit realy wakes up the automatic transmision.you realy have to be carefull turning corners with a heavy foot.the car now will infinitly roast the tires without powerbraking.0-60 in 4.5-4.8 somwhere in that area.my wife says it feel like a jet taking off when you lay into it.sounds like a jet also.

I am realy impressed and hope to log a bunch of miles this year. the specs and price that I paid-

whipple non I\C kit- $4699.99

instal/labor/parts- $1352.65

total out the door with tax- $6463.17

according to the whipple rep 460hp at the engine 410hp at the rearwheels

your strut brace will have to go bye bye. but it realy does nothing for these cars anyway so no loss there.

it takes 2 days to get your tuner from ford racing after you register online with your numbers off the cars computer.I had it installed at champion ford in sandy utah.overall this is the best looking,cleanest looking charger you can get and the price is very reasonable.it looks like it came from the factory installed.the install was a bit pricey but I wanted a ford dealer to do it right and completely under warranty.the whipple comes with a 1 year warranty from ford racing.

like I said before the whipple without the intercooler keeps your warranty intact and you can add the I/C after your powertrain warranty is expierd.I realy think the HO kit would be way to much for the auto trans and the brakes are just enough with the 400hp kit.you would need to go to the big brakes and bigger wheels with the 500hp kit no doubt about it.

anybody else supercharged their GT-H yet!!!!!

WOW!!!!!!! :happy feet:

well the whipple kit realy wakes up the automatic transmision.you realy have to be carefull turning corners with a heavy foot.the car now will infinitly roast the tires without powerbraking.0-60 in 4.5-4.8 somwhere in that area.my wife says it feel like a jet taking off when you lay into it.sounds like a jet also.

I am realy impressed and hope to log a bunch of miles this year. the specs and price that I paid-

whipple non I\C kit- $4699.99

instal/labor/parts- $1352.65

total out the door with tax- $6463.17

according to the whipple rep 460hp at the engine 410hp at the rearwheels

your strut brace will have to go bye bye. but it realy does nothing for these cars anyway so no loss there.

it takes 2 days to get your tuner from ford racing after you register online with your numbers off the cars computer.I had it installed at champion ford in sandy utah.overall this is the best looking,cleanest looking charger you can get and the price is very reasonable.it looks like it came from the factory installed.the install was a bit pricey but I wanted a ford dealer to do it right and completely under warranty.the whipple comes with a 1 year warranty from ford racing.

like I said before the whipple without the intercooler keeps your warranty intact and you can add the I/C after your powertrain warranty is expierd.I realy think the HO kit would be way to much for the auto trans and the brakes are just enough with the 400hp kit.you would need to go to the big brakes and bigger wheels with the 500hp kit no doubt about it.

anybody else supercharged their GT-H yet!!!!!

Sounds fantastic! Can't wait to see some pics. Is that the Ford Racing kit?

I would like to do this to #135 next year (painting our Saleen this year).

no dyno tune.ford racing provides a very conservitive tuner recal (6lbs of boost). this is to comply with fords extended powertrain warranty on certified used vehicles.the only other option is the saleen system if you want to keep your warranty intact.the saleen system comes with a intercooler but puts out the same HP as the non intercooled whipple and requiers a dyno tune.I realy didnt want a saleen SC on my shelby but they do make a nice blower.

So you did'nt have hood clearence issues? As a former CS8 owner I wanted to get a root style supercharger but held off due to other CS6/8 owners who have the same style of hood were having to cut into the hood in order to fit. But I guess I dont have to worry about that now. I wish my GT-H was SC'd when I rented mine back in Oct 06. Oh yeah, I wondering that now you got a SC are you entertaining any headers high flow cats or exhaust mods? Your car looks sweet!

Thats COOL. I only know of 1 other GTH/SC, but he went overboard and took the engine with him.

Use photobucket to upload your pics, then its VERY easy to post

michael morris

Dear Michael,

sorry to ask but what means "went overboard"?

I installed the Saleen on my 07 GT because it isn't a Shelby and I didn't have to worry about keeping it "stock". However, I have the FRPP handling and drag packs along with the CS front fascia so its very much like the Shelby in a non-Shelby way. :superhero:

I don't think I have any warranty on my drive train anymore. I never heard that the Saleen will preserve your warranty. The Rousch kit will substitute their own warranty for the drivetrain but I think the Saleen only warrants the blower itself.

Of course, I would be delighted to learn that my warranty is still intact but I'm not counting on it......

Archived