TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT/CS Lower Black Grill installation

Grabber

Frank,

Your grill looks great. Nice job !!!

Thank you. As you said earlier, these blend right in, especially when the white surroundings close down your iris apertures.

My next little project was to swap the rear wing for a black one I had intended to put on a clean-tail black convertible (but never could bring myself to poke hoes in that lovely trunk lid):

standard.jpg

It disappears, too!

standard.jpg

Very nice how to. I appreciate the info as I have a back order from SPP on the lower grill and driving lights/air duct. Thanks again...

No problem.

They did not send us any instructions back when we were installing these.

Post some pic's when you get the mod done. I would love to see them.

Would you guys suggest waiting for the brake cooling/fog light kit to show up, before installing this lower grill? Mine is in my garage just begging to be installed!

Will these rivets be a pain to try to pull apart, when/if the the time EVER comes to install the cooling ducts and whatnot?

Thanks for any info.

Ken

I did it yesterday. Takes about a minute. Looking at Grabber's install photos, you reach in and un-snap the two tabs nearest the opening (on each side), slip one end of the new part under one (far enough so the other end clears), center it, and snapt the end plates back in. The end. Not much craftsmanship or drama there!

Looks good, except, as in the case of the Shelby item, the "color" doesn't match. End (stock) panels are flattish black, the SHR piece is shinyish.

I'll attach one photo; I have several, but my familiarity with adding thumbnail/links is absent and I don't like to take up a lot of screen space.

orig.jpg

Others, and more projected ('Shopped) pictures here

Thanks for posting Frank. It looks good, shame the colour doesn't match better but it's gotta be better than what was there before, nothing. I still don't understand why Ford did that?

My GT/CS is black, so my not notice too much - not that you can on yours either. At least the patterns are now maintained.

Would you guys suggest waiting for the brake cooling/fog light kit to show up, before installing this lower grill? Mine is in my garage just begging to be installed!

Will these rivets be a pain to try to pull apart, when/if the the time EVER comes to install the cooling ducts and whatnot?

Thanks for any info.

Ken

It would be eating me too if they were just sitting there saying install me... Is it possible to use plastic rivets? Maybe those will come out easier? It took five months to get the fuel door. I don't expect the grill and lights/duct to come in any sooner.

It would be eating me too if they were just sitting there saying install me... Is it possible to use plastic rivets? Maybe those will come out easier? It took five months to get the fuel door. I don't expect the grill and lights/duct to come in any sooner.

I decided I couldn't wait anymore. I'm an impatient kind of guy. ;)

I ran to Home Depot and bought the rivets and gun.

The whole install took about 1/2 hour or so.

I'm betting that you're right about the lead time on the brake cooling and light kits.

Hopefully it won't be too big of a hassle to throw it all back together when they finally arrive.

For now though, this lower grill looks great. It's amazing what a cosmetic difference it makes to the front end.

Ken

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Just got the lower grill from Shelby the other day and of course there was no instructions. I searched the Team Shelby site and found this terrific write up for the grill install. I followed it to the T. The installation took about 40 minutes. It turned out great. Thanks for the great write up.

Al

Archived