TEAM SHELBY FORUM

gt350 to get turbo V6?

any truth to this rumor that the gt350 gets a turbo V6....im not sure how well this will be recived if in fact it becomes reality..of course $4 dollar gallon gas can change minds..any thoughts or inside info?

It was a choice on a survey that Ford did a year or so ago about the future of the Mustang. Since then the rumor has taken on a life of its own. Who knows....not even sure Ford does.

any truth to this rumor that the gt350 gets a turbo V6....im not sure how well this will be recived if in fact it becomes reality..of course $4 dollar gallon gas can change minds..any thoughts or inside info?

V6, that sucks.

CaptDave

motor trend this month eluded to this......

that would be sweet, and a cool option for a mustang (as long as V8's are still around). Take a look at dyno's for GTR's, and don't tell me that a twin turbo V6 with DSG transmission wouldnt be awesome. If a GT350 twin turbo mustang with a DSG comes out, it will be my new daily driver :)

If that's the case, I'll be much happier that I got a Shelby GT w/ a V8! A V6 certainly won't have the same sound effects, that's for sure.

As for mpg's, I doubt a turbo-V6 GT350 will get much better, if any better, fuel mileage (in real-world usage) that these 4.6 Mustangs are getting.

If that's the case, I'll be much happier that I got a Shelby GT w/ a V8! A V6 certainly won't have the same sound effects, that's for sure.

As for mpg's, I doubt a turbo-V6 GT350 will get much better, if any better, fuel mileage (in real-world usage) that these 4.6 Mustangs are getting.

hey me too--my GT500 rocks. But that engine could be awesome too, especially if set up the right way. We have a dual clutch transmission in my wife's audi, and it is really fun to drive. Apparently the evo X's is awesome, and the GTR's is unbelievable. All I am saying is a twinturbo 3.5L V6 Shelby GT350 with a dual clutch tranny would be really fun to drive.

The CS6 is only a V6 yet it is pushing 350 horses with the supercharger! A V6 Shelby that is wolf in sheep's clothing. I also want to know what the new Shelby GT upgrade package is going to be as well as what is up with the next new great Shelby offering (GT-350? or whatever is up their sleeves). I am sure it will be nice whatever it is.

• 2 weeks later...
I heard the Rumors of a Twin Turbo V6 through some people that have some insight into Ford. Do not know if it is true as I was told it was only talk.

have to wonder when SAI is going to say smething on the gt350 (go or no go)....if gt350 is a no go...well who knows for myself...gt500 is nice...but gt350 with new 5.0L has a lot of appeal for myself..SAI..how about tossing us a small bone...are you waiting on the camaro? or the 2010 redesign...i think this current body style would look great with a proper shelby gt350 setup....part of the problem currently is...shelbygt are sitting outside and ive seen em sit for months on the dealer lot....the verts do move while the hardtops sit...soooooooo...im not too conveinced a gt350 is going to happen..SAI should have built the gt350 at the onset and not the shelbygt varient...not smart marketing in my book

have to wonder when SAI is going to say smething on the gt350 (go or no go)....if gt350 is a no go...well who knows for myself...gt500 is nice...but gt350 with new 5.0L has a lot of appeal for myself..SAI..how about tossing us a small bone...are you waiting on the camaro? or the 2010 redesign...i think this current body style would look great with a proper shelby gt350 setup....part of the problem currently is...shelbygt are sitting outside and ive seen em sit for months on the dealer lot....the verts do move while the hardtops sit...soooooooo...im not too conveinced a gt350 is going to happen..SAI should have built the gt350 at the onset and not the shelbygt varient...not smart marketing in my book

The Shelby GT was produced so that people could purchase a production version of the Hertz Shelby GT. That's it and that's the reason.

Now, as for a GT350, only SAI and Ford know for sure. I assume that they are probably waiting on beancounter and management approval, while taking into consideration Ford's current financial health and the new CAFE regulations, in order to make all these decisions.

Shelby GT's sat on dealer lots for months due to dealer greed, related ADM's and poor advertisement, not because people were waiting on other Mustang models.

Then there is also the rumor of a Boss. Is Ford really going to build all these Mustang varients? Maybe, over time, but still the above considerations will apply I would think.

The Shelby GT was produced so that people could purchase a production version of the Hertz Shelby GT. That's it and that's the reason.

Now, as for a GT350, only SAI and Ford know for sure. I assume that they are probably waiting on beancounter and management approval, while taking into consideration Ford's current financial health and the new CAFE regulations, in order to make all these decisions.

Shelby GT's sat on dealer lots for months due to dealer greed, related ADM's and poor advertisement, not because people were waiting on other Mustang models.

Then there is also the rumor of a Boss. Is Ford really going to build all these Mustang varients? Maybe, over time, but still the above considerations will apply I would think.

i agree...i just do not understang the rationalization that hertz had more appeal then a gt350...that was a huge mistake in my opinion on SAI's part to believe a hertz varient had more appeal then a gt350...SAI built way too many and the car should have been a gt350 from the onset...

i agree...i just do not understang the rationalization that hertz had more appeal then a gt350...that was a huge mistake in my opinion on SAI's part to believe a hertz varient had more appeal then a gt350...SAI built way too many and the car should have been a gt350 from the onset...

I suspect they were just looking to capitalize on the Hertz popularity at the time. They also apparently had the GT500 idea in full swing. Kind of hard to do all at once I imagine. In addition, Ford wanted to bring out the newer Bullitt model. Now there is talk of a Boss as well as maybe a GT350. There is a new Challenger out, and a new Camaro coming. Some tough decisions for Ford / SAI / SVT to make now, especially in light of all the other stuff going on. And this is just one model - Ford has to look at the bigger picture.

I suspect they were just looking to capitalize on the Hertz popularity at the time. They also apparently had the GT500 idea in full swing. Kind of hard to do all at once I imagine. In addition, Ford wanted to bring out the newer Bullitt model. Now there is talk of a Boss as well as maybe a GT350. There is a new Challenger out, and a new Camaro coming. Some tough decisions for Ford / SAI / SVT to make now, especially in light of all the other stuff going on. And this is just one model - Ford has to look at the bigger picture.

i agree...ford and SAI have some critical decisions to make very very soon...mid april chally rolls down the line in ontario..camaro is rumored to be finalized by september and rumored to be officialy unveiled in indianapolis during first few weeks in september...i wish ford would have held off on the bullitt...but maybe it was just a filler before the mach1/boss...who knows..im more concerned about longevity of SAI if they booger up the decision on the gt350...tough decision they (SAI) have to make for sure

Archived