TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear Stripe overlap failure....better check yours !!!

Grabber

I know what the manual says, I have published parts of it on this forum many times for folks. I have some dirt under my stripes also & a tear on top, the dealer said they could replace mine at any time & now that they have shrunk up some I'm going to have mine replaced this spring once it quits snowing :banghead: I've gotten 7" so far today & it was in the 50's last week :cry:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know what the manual says, I have published parts of it on this forum many times for folks. I have some dirt under my stripes also & a tear on top, the dealer said they could replace mine at any time & now that they have shrunk up some I'm going to have mine replaced this spring once it quits snowing :banghead: I've gotten 7" so far today & it was in the 50's last week :cry:

Where in MI if i may ask coldy...we have gotten here 6" too ..am sick of snow. sorry for the stripes but it seems like it is a pain to take care of them. once they wear out i will paint them and not restripe them.

sorry for the stripes but it seems like it is a pain to take care of them. once they wear out i will paint them and not restripe them.

Mine will get painted on some day in the far future. The darn stripes should not fail in the first year, so I will have Ford repair mine.

cold weather :cold: has a big affect on how long it takes also. the cars metal has to be a certain temp before they can apply them at the "Foreign Assembly plant" where 75% of the striping takes place. The new in house striping machine still has some bugs to be worked out the last I heard.

You are joking right? You mean they have a machine to put stripes on? Everything I have heard and seen is they are applied by two people by hand. From that standpoint maybe the problems are lots of drinking the night before :hysterical:

On another note... Has anyone had problems with any color other than white? The metallic stripes (tungsten, Vista Blue) appear to be thicker than the white. It might be a color specific problem.

You are joking right? You mean they have a machine to put stripes on? Everything I have heard and seen is they are applied by two people by hand. From that standpoint maybe the problems are lots of drinking the night before :hysterical:

On another note... Has anyone had problems with any color other than white? The metallic stripes (tungsten, Vista Blue) appear to be thicker than the white. It might be a color specific problem.

Where do you get the shelby banner and how mush it costs?...my car is white/blue stripes.

Im sorry this is happening to your car Grabber, but now you can change the stripes to Tungston :hysterical::hysterical2:

Dont fret to much Rob, Ford will make it good and I hope it wont happen again

michael morris

if i had a orange car and my whity's were failing i'd go with blue one's to replace them :rolleyes:

but then I AM A BRONCOS fan :yahoo::yahoo:

Archived