TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Motor Trend: Shelby GT beats Saleen & Roush

Staff

It's not like it used to be. Life is soooo complex now. Heck, just getting gear choices from the factory would likely require EPA recertification and and a slot into a diff GG-tax category.

If you wanted the factory to ship a hood-delete car these days, the logistics system would likely have to be re-programmed to reflect the option/build, additional build-delete procedures put in place (really), the car would likely have to ship with something covering the engine anyway to protect it from the elements, and I wouldn't be surprised if it had to be crash-tested/certed in that hoodless configuration just for laughs :hysterical2: dunno, but life is sooo complex now. ;)

The SGT ships with the rivet-holes already in the GT hood so the scoop can be added easily by SAI. Ford could not even provide the SGT gearset, and a gear-swap at SAI was labor-prohibitive, so the whole axle assembly was swapped, I believe. :doh: Life is soooo complex now. :)

Not like '68 with a 1.6 zillion gearset/tranny/engine combos, voluntary crash-testing, air-pump injection emissions, etc... Life is soooo complex now :hysterical: ;-)

Yes! Ask Saleen how "complex" life is after their CARB fine :censored:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes! Ask Saleen how "complex" life is after their CARB fine :censored:

Sounds like they decided to make an example of Saleen, Mark -- they came down pretty hard -- only 100 vehicles (mostly Focuses with NOX and some '05 S281s) and a $700,000 fine -- that's $7K/vehicle! A bit over the top. Especially ironic since those PZEV Focusses are likely still cleaner than the national average. Oh, well -- once you cheat and get caught you have no cred! I bet Saleen gets 'religion' now. :doh:

Sounds like Saleen needs to get Steve Saleen back! ;)

Archived