TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Email regarding Driving lights and gas cap

motorjock205

I got this sent to me this evening...Hopefully we'll actually see something soon!!!

I assure you we are working on those brake duct kits. This has been a project for us that has been very difficult produce because of the tooling involved in making the part. We are expecting a working sample in a couple of weeks. This should hopefully be the last revision and we can start production. I get numerous e-mails every day about this part and we are doing our best to get it done as soon as possible. The special gas cap emblem for the Shelby GT is also in the works. We are currently waiting approval from Shelby Automobiles before we can start production on this part. As soon as we get approval we will start production.

If you have any further questions please let me know

Thanks!

Kenny Gorham

Customer Service/Sales

Shelby Performance Parts

Phone (702) 853-2068

Fax (702) 853-2069

How ironic - I also asked about this and received the following email last night, after I asked about the status of the brake duct bezel, driving lights and duct kit:

I receive e-mails just like yours on a daily basis. This is a very desirable kit that was installed by the Shelby Mod shop as an option. It is a hand fabricated kit that is very difficult for the average Shelby GT owner to install. We are in the process of developing a kit to release to the public that will be much more user friendly. We are waiting for a sample to come in from our manufacturer. If this sample fits and functions to our specifications then we will have the part available for sale in May, otherwise it will be later. I am very sorry for the long lead time.

Hope this helps, and if you have any further questions please let me know

Regards,

Kenny Gorham

Customer Service/Sales

Shelby Performance Parts

Phone (702) 853-2068

Fax (702) 853-2069

seems we have been waiting foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr on these things :banghead:

Well, it's just that it would be nice to not see one or two people that have these desirable items already installed on their Shelby GT's and know that it's going to be a while before the rest of us can get our hands on some of these very desirable items....

I know that prototype vehicles sometimes have things that don't make it into production, but at least put a disclaimer out there!!!

If nothing else, give us the plans for making this stuff and let us go from there...perhaps we have some "fabricators" on this site that wouldn't mind making a extra buck or two to get some of these items out for those of us that are foaming at the mouth for them.... :banghead:

Archived