TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT should bring GT500 prices down quickly...

Joe

Uh-oh...I can hear it coming!

Let's do a quick review:

As it stands, we now have 3 - count 'em - 3 Shelbys either in production or planned.

1. Shelby GT-H

2. Shelby/SVT/Cobra GT 500

3. Shelby GT.

Won't this sort of dilute the mix?

Guest evilchris

Let's do a quick review:

As it stands, we now have 3 - count 'em - 3 Shelbys either in production or planned.

1. Shelby GT-H

3. Shelby GT.

People who milk things usually don't know when to quit.

Let's do a quick review:

1. Shelby GT-H

3. Shelby GT.

Sure it will but that was really inevetible, considering the overwhelming success of the GT500 ? I am sure that there will be more to come.

The question is though ? Can the followers live up to the 500 Big Boy, so far they can not, with out thousands in mods.

Let's do a quick review:

1. Shelby GT-H

3. Shelby GT.

In terms of pricing, I 'll bet that it won't.

My guess is that dealers will just have more choices for ADM than ever.

Guest evilchris

Sure it will but that was really inevetible, considering the overwhelming success of the GT500 ? I am sure that there will be more to come.

The question is though ? Can the followers live up to the 500 Big Boy, so far they can not, with out thousands in mods.

It's too soon to say the GT500 is a success. Marketing/hype success = yes. Sales success = no.

It's too soon to say the GT500 is a success. Marketing/hype success = yes. Sales success = no.

In my opinion, after driving one for a week and a half, it'll be a success. There are very few things out there that can match this *stock vs stock* and I think once the ADM goes away it'll become very popular. There are lots of folks out there that just want to drive it off the lot and not mod it. The only thing that might kill it is the gas mileage.

JMHO

Guest evilchris

In my opinion, after driving one for a week and a half, it'll be a success. There are very few things out there that can match this *stock vs stock* and I think once the ADM goes away it'll become very popular. There are lots of folks out there that just want to drive it off the lot and not mod it. The only thing that might kill it is the gas mileage.

JMHO

Dealers are holding them for ransom. This will hurt its success much like the Ford GT's production was cut in half due to dealer ransom.

A lot of dealers won't sell the car if they can't get their ADM. A lot of smug asshole dealership owners are now saying " fine, if you won't buy it for $80 I'll keep it "

The market for $43k Mustangs is not nearly as deep as people think.

Dealers are holding them for ransom. This will hurt its success much like the Ford GT's production was cut in half due to dealer ransom.

A lot of dealers won't sell the car if they can't get their ADM. A lot of smug asshole dealership owners are now saying " fine, if you won't buy it for $80 I'll keep it "

Good points. Maybe, well see.

Guest evilchris

I actually made an offer on one on ebay, I offered MSRP. Here is the reply:

Seller message: Thanks for your offer, but no srew here. As you know, an item is worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it. If $73,570 is too high the market will dictate. If it doesn't sell, the owner will put it in his collection. Making it a collectors item

So if this jerkoff owner can't get a $30k ADM, he'll just keep it. LOL

They did it to the T-bird also. It seriously hurt sales.

Certainly the introduction of the Shelby GT will impact the ADM's on the GT500 but maybe not as much as some may think. Essentially it will provide an option for those buyers who really cannot afford the GT500, even without the ADM but are stretching in an attempt to obtain their dream car. Offering an entry level Shelby is a smart idea from a marketing perspective and also helps generate more buzz around the already hot Mustang.

Guest evilchris

They did it to the T-bird also. It seriously hurt sales.

yeah the T-Bird got murdered by the dealers. Had they not destroyed it, we may have seen an SVT Bird. Would have been sweet.

Let's do a quick review:

1. Shelby GT-H

3. Shelby GT.

4. That blue and blinged C/S blown V6 (gay)

Guest evilchris

Well, lame or not, it's working! Afterall people out there paid $80,000 for this car for the $1.99 Shelby badge. Without it they would not have.

A V6 is a V6. I'm driving one now (till the GT gets here). A 350Z with 300 hp.

I don't care what you do to one - it's still a V6.

Wifey had an '02 V6 Mustang with headers and exhaust.

It was peppy - but just didn't sound or feel "right."

NASCAR tried V6's in the Busch series back in the 80's for a year or two - they didn't sound right either!

At some point in the future, we're going to be faced with losing the V8's. Until that time - enjoy! :shift:

A V6 is a V6. I'm driving one now (till the GT gets here). A 350Z with 300 hp.

I don't care what you do to one - it's still a V6.

Wifey had an '02 V6 Mustang with headers and exhaust.

It was peppy - but just didn't sound or feel "right."

NASCAR tried V6's in the Busch series back in the 80's for a year or two - they didn't sound right either!

At some point in the future, we're going to be faced with losing the V8's. Until that time - enjoy! :shift:

Wasn't the whole 80's NASCAR thing a distant result of all the Buick V-6 hype?

Remember the "Smokey Yunich" V-6 project that Hot Rod got so jazzed about?

Back then it was something to get that kind of power out of anything in a production car.

I'm thinking that they were working with what they had at the time, and it wasn't half bad.

I think maybe we're enjoying a little power revitalization, and forgetting quickly where we were just a short time ago.

"Everything has it's place grasshopper..."

JUST NOT IN MY GARAGE TODAY!

It's his car, he should be able to keep it if he wants to. What about the individuals that already have theirs on ebay? Are they jerk-offs too? I kinda think so. But if somebody won't pay their price I guess they'll get to keep theirs too.

(This was in responce to Evilchris complaining about the dealer that is going to keep his car if somebody won't pay the asking price for it)

Archived