TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Lettering

motorjock205

OK, I just picked up my 2008 Shelby GT two days ago now, but I'm wondering if anyone else thinks that the front of the car is not complete without SHELBY lettering on the hood or grill. Even if you look at the CS6, it has SHELBY in the grill. The GT500, GT500KR and Super Snake all have the SHELBY letters on the hood at the leading edge....

OK, I just picked up my 2008 Shelby GT two days ago now, but I'm wondering if anyone else thinks that the front of the car is not complete without SHELBY lettering on the hood or grill. Even if you look at the CS6, it has SHELBY in the grill. The GT500, GT500KR and Super Snake all have the SHELBY letters on the hood at the leading edge....

I actually kind of like the clean look of the front. We have plenty of other spots that say Shelby and I believe that the original ones in the 60's just had the pony up front.

Did you buy your SGT there in the Midland / Odessa area? I was living in Midland when I bought mine and the closest dealer that had one was Lubbock.

Matt

The GT500 does not have Shelby letters on the front. The KR is suppose to, but the GT500 only has them on the back.

I actually kind of like the clean look of the front. We have plenty of other spots that say Shelby and I believe that the original ones in the 60's just had the pony up front.

Did you buy your SGT there in the Midland / Odessa area? I was living in Midland when I bought mine and the closest dealer that had one was Lubbock.

Matt

Bought mine at Sewell Ford in Odessa...it had been sitting on their floor since early October with a price tag of $46,000...went in last weekend and they had dropped $8,000.00 off of it so I jumped on it...I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

Bought mine at Sewell Ford in Odessa...it had been sitting on their floor since early October with a price tag of $46,000...went in last weekend and they had dropped $8,000.00 off of it so I jumped on it...I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

They're great cars! I jumped on mine too. I was actually looking for a GT500 back in June and couldn't find anyone close to Midland who had one in the color I wanted. I finally called up to Pollard Ford in Lubbock to see if they had one. The salesman told me that they didn't have any GT500 but they had just gotten a Shelby GT on the truck that day. I really white w/ blue stripes but the salesman told me I just really needed to come take a look at it. So I drove up after work and it was love at first sight.

Welcome to the family and if I was still in Midland we'd have to get together but alas. If you're up for a 7 or 8 hour drive next month, some of us will be at the Lone Star Roundup in College Station (don't forget - I-10 is 80 mph during the day through West Texas).

Matt

They're great cars! I jumped on mine too. I was actually looking for a GT500 back in June and couldn't find anyone close to Midland who had one in the color I wanted. I finally called up to Pollard Ford in Lubbock to see if they had one. The salesman told me that they didn't have any GT500 but they had just gotten a Shelby GT on the truck that day. I really white w/ blue stripes but the salesman told me I just really needed to come take a look at it. So I drove up after work and it was love at first sight.

Welcome to the family and if I was still in Midland we'd have to get together but alas. If you're up for a 7 or 8 hour drive next month, some of us will be at the Lone Star Roundup in College Station (don't forget - I-10 is 80 mph during the day through West Texas).

Matt

Yeah, I'm heading to Dallas tomorrow afternoon after the wife gets off of work...I have to drop off a birthday present to my daughter who is turning 17 and is mad that I bought the Shelby GT for me and not her...OH WELL, I've had to work for everything I have ever got, so it's a lesson that she'll have to learn as well...besides, when she turns 50 she can buy whatever car she wants anyway...just like I did :stop:

You don't get a lot of options out here in West Texas...I was eyeing a Red and White GT500 several months back as well, and the Shelby GT was on the floor then...saw the Red and White one go out the door and figured I'd never have any chance at anything like that...then we went in to take a look at a BOSS that I had seen on the showroom floor on a Friday night, but it was out on a show...then I found out that it was an aftermarket deal...looked good, but was $39,995...then I saw the markdown on the Shelby GT. WOW!!! Wife wanted me to drive it, we talked about it and decided to do it...We both had trouble sleeping until the deal was done, but now we're both happy! LIFE IS GOOD! :shift:

Motorjock,

If you'd like to see how lettering on the hood would roughly look, take a look at the pics of the poorly done SGT clone in http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24662. It's not a front-on pic, but you can see the lettering and it just looks out of place.

Thanks, you're right, that doesn't look all that good after all....

Welcome to the "family".

IMHO, the exterior look of the SGT is already the best of any mustang, period.

The ONLY change I would advocate is swapping out the Shelby GT side stripe for one that says Shelby GT/SC!!! :headspin: (maybe a lower grill insert to protect the radiator...)

Dan

Congrats on the purchanse and welcome to the family. Look at Shelby Performance Parts web site for the CS6 Grille. That would be all of the additional lettering I would do. It really does not need any more than that. But that's just my opinion. :)

Welcome to the "family".

IMHO, the exterior look of the SGT is already the best of any mustang, period.

The ONLY change I would advocate is swapping out the Shelby GT side stripe for one that says Shelby GT/SC!!! :headspin: (maybe a lower grill insert to protect the radiator...)

Dan

Don't let Amy read this or she might cancel our gas caps!

Archived