TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pypes muffler deletes

dfm

Has anyone install Pypes muffler deletes (SFM62SS) on a GT 500? I am thinking about buying some, but there is some question about how well they fit.

I went with the SLP loadmouths which do the same thing and are only $40 more as I remember, with free shipping. They fit and look great, no adjustments needed.

I chose the Pypes over the slp system. There were problems with the welds on slps (numerous examples) and the slp's pop a lot more than the pypes system. Different pipe designs I guess. Also I don't have my 500 yet, but I do have a gt and the I have had some issues with the right pipe. It hangs about 3/4 of an inch low. I called the manufacturer and they said to adjust the pipe at the header. I took it to an exhaust shop to no avail. The other side works great. Its a beautiful piece. I am not going to bend the hanger until I get my 500. Btw the one for the gt/gt500 are the same part number. I like the tips better as well and they adjust in an out with the clamps to your desire and the sound imho is better than the slps. If you like loud they are a great exhaust system. That part is subjective though. Hopes this helps.

Roger

Archived