TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT vs. Saleen vs. Roush

clark17357

Check out the new issue of Motor Trend. There is a head to head test of the Shelby GT-C vs. the Roush Stage 2 vs. the Saleen S281-3V. You will enjoy the article. As a bonus, the cover story is on the new Challenger. Check it out. Jim

My subscription ended last month lol How did the Shelby fair?

It came in 1st! :happy feet:

I did not get mine yet, should be here any day. What happened to subscribers getting the Magazines prior to them hitting the News-stands? Can not wait to get it, this is the First Head to Head Comparison I know of for the Shelby GT.

Not the first. Thre have been others against Japanese cars. This is the first Mustang to Mustang test I know of.

There was the test between a roush and a Saleen, the video is on the site somewhere, but this was a head to head, and we did come out on top. I am very proud of the team for this and if you own one......congratulations!

Amy

There was the test between a roush and a Saleen, the video is on the site somewhere, but this was a head to head, and we did come out on top. I am very proud of the team for this and if you own one......congratulations!

Amy

This supports what a lot of people have said and thought for some time. Great to have someone confirm it finally. What issue is this? I stopped at the store and they had the March issue but its not in there is this the April issue?

This supports what a lot of people have said and thought for some time. Great to have someone confirm it finally. What issue is this? I stopped at the store and they had the March issue but its not in there is this the April issue?

It is in the April edition. The results were especially impressive since they used the slowest color SGT for the test. :hysterical2:

It is in the April edition. The results were especially impressive since they used the slowest color SGT for the test. :hysterical2:

So you're saying they used a blue one for the comparison? :hysterical: I'll have to check it out if I can find a copy - the newstand here at work just had copies of the February issue.

Amy

Thank you and congratulations to YOU! :happy feet:

I subscribe to Automobile & R+T, figures its in Motor Trend! :banghead:

The SGT is an incredible car, even though I believe it should have come stock with 380 horses, and every where I go I can not keep the people off of it. It is awesome, I say awesome, to know our SGT's are number 1 in the Mustang high-performance car arena! Just love it :snake: !

What item or items gave the SGT the edge over the others? I will definitely pick up a copy this weekend.

Looks handling and price. All 3 were non supercharged. The Shelby had the big brakes and razors on it which brought the list price up to $47k but it was still the least expensive of the 3.

I did a search on YouTube for "shelby roush saleen" and all I found was this....

I was ok with it!!!

I didn't have too much trouble with that either! BTW did you watch the video I think it was called "awesome mustang" with the 69 mach I running the quarter? Times between 9.7 & 10.1-pretty impressive.

Looks handling and price. All 3 were non supercharged. The Shelby had the big brakes and razors on it which brought the list price up to $47k but it was still the least expensive of the 3.

That doesn't surprise me at all. Saleens are ridiculously over priced. I looked at the S281 S/C and I think MSRP was around 75K. I really would like to see them do a S/C comparison. I think a SGT/SC would still be the cheapest.....

Archived