TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 2008 GT500, White with Black Stripes

Airborne4162

I bought two Mustangs from Lebanon Ford in Ohio who specializes in low key family deals. Most of their bread and butter focuses on trucks which is a big part of this farming community. When you find a quiet, no pressure, no gouging, mom and pop place, you kinda keep it to yourself. Aaron asked me to pass on his new odd color combo addition which I'll gladly do knowing their reputation. My newest addition (another odd color combo) is a loaded '08 GT500 black with vapor black stripes which sat in their showroom floor for a long time. Dealers throughout the country pounded their phones to buy, mark up and resell. Lebanon refused the other dealership offers looking for a customer to sell it too. My GT500 was not overly marked, trade in was excellent, interest rate which I secured through my bank was re-negotiated down yet another 1% due to my bank screwing up. Lebanon Ford didn't even capitalize on my mistake. My GT500 was sold to me within 2 days (that including a Saturday), not cleaned, or prepped, other than turning on the supercharger (by my request). It was as pure as they come, wrapped in factory plastic (to include the dash, door panel bottoms, floor carpet, etc. The supercharger was off with labels and tags in places I didn't even know existed. This was the first truly new car I have ever accepted short of picking it up at the factory itself in over 30 years of buying cars. Days later, I had my Shelby signed by Mr. Shelby himself via a military engagement honoring our heros. I went back to Lebanon Ford to share the experience and post my pictures on their next local hometown news release. I advised them, if they were to receive a call from Ford about my luncheon with Mr. Shelby that he did ask where did I buy the car, if I liked it, and express how he supported us. If you're interested, email Aaron: aaronfunkhouser@513ford.com. Quiz him on this story if indoubt. When it's all said and done, this young man will take care of you.

Airborne

You said you got a black with vapor stripes, do you mean alloy?

Alloy, also stated vapor on the build sheet. Don't really know what the difference is, other than you have to see it in the light just right to see the rocker panel and tip to tail stripes. Not visible at a glance. You got to find them. I've only seen one other posting on this site with the same color combo. Takes some getting use to.

PLEASE POST :camera: PICTURES

I need some help ColdwaterHotrod. Everytime I upload, I get an error stating I've exceed 500K. I don't know how other do it, but I've seen a string of pictures that can be blown up to full size with no problem. I've got 13 pictures with the invoice and price. This one is loaded, odd color combo, with red insert interior. I'm going to try to post on another thread without a reply. Can use upload 101 school if you know how.

Airborne

I need some help ColdwaterHotrod. Everytime I upload, I get an error stating I've exceed 500K. I don't know how other do it, but I've seen a string of pictures that can be blown up to full size with no problem. I've got 13 pictures with the invoice and price. This one is loaded, odd color combo, with red insert interior. I'm going to try to post on another thread without a reply. Can use upload 101 school if you know how.

Airborne

Airbone, there is a limit on file size. Go to www.photobucket.com and open an account. Upload your pics there, then simply paste a link in here. that's what most of us are doing.

Dave

Airbone, there is a limit on file size. Go to www.photobucket.com and open an account. Upload your pics there, then simply paste a link in here. that's what most of us are doing.

Dave

Are you posting a link only. Or can you post regular size pictures?

CaptDave

CaptDave

Here are Grabbers instructions for posting using photobucket. Seems to work the best.

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...;hl=photobucket

I took a look at it. Checked out that photobucket.com place. I will have to practice it this weekend. Too tired now. This will be a big help once I get it down, thanks.

CaptDave

I took a look at it. Checked out that photobucket.com place. I will have to practice it this weekend. Too tired now. This will be a big help once I get it down, thanks.

CaptDave

Hi Captain,

I followed the steps, cut and pasted and waited a day...nothing. I'll have to try again this weekend.

Traveling again.

So where's the pics of your window sticker Airborne? I'd like to see where it says Vapor stripes.

I had a hell of a time posting the pictures and they weren't even mine. I thought I answered this thread but if not here it goes. You're right...I have Alloy tape. The dealer specified vapor stripes along with some other items as optional equipment. I had no reason to doubt him. I saw the VPC acronym which I through stood for Vapor Color as it was shipped thru the factory. Some one else told me vapor stood for silver paint? This made no sense to me. I'll try to take a picture and re-post, but after many attempts with the white car, quite frankly had enough with the picture posting b.s. Here's whats on my window sticker.

At the Top blue shaded area the form states VEHICLE DESCRIPTION and goes on as follows;

SHELBY 2008 GT500 COUPE EXTERIOR

4-PASSENGER SPORTS CAR BLACK CLEARCOAT (Not Ebony like you stated, I'm guessing it's the same)

5.4L SC 4V V8 ENGINE INTERIOR

6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION BLACK W/BLACK ACCENT LTHR

STANDARD EQUIPMENT INCLUDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE

EXTERIOR

- 18" x 9.5" Bright Machined Alum Wheels

- Uniq Shelby GT500 Badging

- Lemans Top Stripes

"GT500" Side Stripes

- Unique Aluminum Hood with Air Extractors

- Fog Lamps

- Rear Window Defroster

INTERIOR

- Sport Bucket Seats with Embossed Cobra Logo

- Shaker 500 Audio System AM/FM w/CDX6 & MP3

- Light-Toned Cluster Gauges incl Boost Gauge

- Air Conditioning

FUNCTIONAL

- SVT Tuned Suspension

- Brembo Front Brakes 14" Vented Disc & Caliper

- 6-Spd Tremec Manual Trans

- Dual Tuned Stainless Steel X-Pipe Exhaust

- High Performance Tires Front P255/45ZR18 Rear P285/40ZR18

SAFETY/SECURITY

- ABS/Traction Control

- 2nd Gen Dual Front Airbags

- Side-Mounted Airbags (Driver & Front Pass Seats)

- Remote Keyless Entry

- Latch Child Safety System

- 24 Hr Roadside Assistance

WARRANTY

- 3 yr/36,000 Bumper to Bumper

- 5 yr/60,000 Powertrain

INCLUDED ON THIS VEHICLE

Order Code 820A-Shelby Coupe

-P255/45/R18 FRT 285/40R18 RR

-Shelby Rear Decklid Spoiler

-Shelby Interior Package

-Over-the-Top Racing Stripe

-AM/FM Stereo/6-CD In Dash/MP3

-18" Bright Machined Alum Whl

-Anti-Lock Brakes

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT

*** Gas Guzzler Tax ***

Front License Plate Bracket

Mustang VPC Ship Thru (Vapor Color)

50 State Emissions

HID Headlamps

GT500 Premium Trim Package

Alloy Tape Stripe

Amblient Lighting

At first, I wasn't interested in the car because I could'nt see the stripes. It look like a plain black Mustang until you step in for a closer look. I traded my black 2007 Mustang GT with bright silver stripe and it stood out. I debated having the Shelby's alloy tape removed and replaced with bright silver stripes, but it appears we might be one of a very few who has this combo. They've since grown on me so I'll leave them on for now. I'm guessing VPC stands for vapor unless otherwise noted. It made perfect sense that an intentionally faded group of new stripes would be called vapor. There's no mention of ebony anywhere on this sheet but I can assure you it's a black car. Hope this helps.

Airborne

Archived