TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Terlingua

robertlane

I would not do it. I think a Shelby GT or a Terlinqua are are good as individual, original cars, but don't understand why one would want a mixed bag.

Too soon to tell.

No details to make a decision from. Knowing what it would be is crucial. I have already given SAI $13K for upgrades. How would my modifications be handled as part of the package. Also, what about the styling of the Terlinuga. For a race track maybe. For the 18-25s that the S197 Terlingua is aimed at OK. But some of the graphics and the "God Awful" yellow won't be appreciated by most Shelby GT owners.

I do like the center caps for the American Racing wheels. It would be nice to have somthing like that for Shelby GT owners with American Racing wheels.

I like the V6 version and I am trying to persuade my wife into one. I also like the yellow and black combo as well. The car has styling and with the supercharger you get the power. The car would be one heck of a track star.

Now I do not like the idea of transforming a SGT into the Terlingua. For the most part you can do that already without the Terlingua lettering. Now if they would offer a V8 transformation that would be a different story. I agree that most SGT owners would not do the transformation. But that is my own opinion.

I was reading a thread about a proposed Shelby GT Terlingua. Check out the thread here.

Now, I don't have a Shelby GT, but I think this package would be the absolute BOMB! If SAI actually offered something like this, would you convert your Shelby GT? Why or why not?

Not to sound like the the kid yelling that the Emperor had no clothes, but ok I will, that Terlingua is one UGLY car. No interest here sorry!

The SGT is by nature a simple, clean, design. From spoiler delete to the clean way in which the stripes and additional emblems are placed is the area I think SAI got it right. It looks good!

The Terlingua on the other hand is the opposite end of the spectrum it's anything but elegant it's in your face so much so it's almost, in this day and age, a later day cartoon of itself. I just don't see the point or why I would want to drive it around town.

I mean obviously it resonates with people and I'm sure plenty of people will make a buy, but FOR ME, it's the very antithesis of what moved me to buy an SGT.

Besides...I think Adam's face is supposed to be on the doors or something? :waiting:

Not to sound like the the kid yelling that the Emperor had no clothes, but ok I will, that Terlingua is one UGLY car. No interest here sorry!

The SGT is by nature a simple, clean, design. From spoiler delete to the clean way in which the stripes and additional emblems are placed is the area I think SAI got it right. It looks good!

The Terlingua on the other hand is the opposite end of the spectrum it's anything but elegant it's in your face so much so it's almost, in this day and age, a later day cartoon of itself. I just don't see the point or why I would want to drive it around town.

I mean obviously it resonates with people and I'm sure plenty of people will make a buy, but FOR ME, it's the very antithesis of what moved me to buy an SGT.

Besides...I think Adam's face is supposed to be on the doors or something? :waiting:

Kinda scary Jeff, you wrote exactly what I was thinking. While I'm sure there will be some, maybe many, who will like it but probably not too many current SGT owners. But what do I know?

Jim

If SAI as looking at this thread to gauge Shelby GT owner's interest in an upgrade package, I think something more unique to the Shelby GT is in order. It is much like the faux gas cap issue. Don't just give us something that is used on another car. Give us something unique for our cars like you did the GT500s, the CS cars and now the Terlingua.

I have to agree with Jeff on the ugly. Don't like the yellow and the rabbit scares me! There are 5,000+ GT owners out there, lets make with some exclusive packages for us.

Dave

I've been reading these posts and think the Terlingua package would make a nice enhancement to the Shelby GT. The Shelby GT is THE track car, so this just makes sense to me. Not for everyone, I know.

I had the pleasure of having a Shelby GT for 5 days and really enjoyed it. It handled quite well and the overall performance was great. The current issue of Motor Trend shows that the Shelby GT whipped the Saleen and Roush - LINK.

I suppose the appearance package is a matter of opinion, but I think it whales!

I can certainly understand taking a V6 or a GT and upgrading it to a Terlingua. I don't understand the logic of taking a Shelby and turning it into a different Shelby. To me that would be like taking the engine out of a GT350 and dropping in a new engine to turn it into a GT500. The SGT package won't add anything that doesn't come with the Terlingua kit. Sorry, but I just don't get it.

:headscratch:

I can certainly understand taking a V6 or a GT and upgrading it to a Terlingua. I don't understand the logic of taking a Shelby and turning it into a different Shelby. To me that would be like taking the engine out of a GT350 and dropping in a new engine to turn it into a GT500. The SGT package won't add anything that doesn't come with the Terlingua kit. Sorry, but I just don't get it.

I agree, the Terlingua package should not expand into Shelby GT territory. :)

Archived