TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spring Summer Fall - 2008 PNW Events!

66DNA

I thought that I would start this post so that all of us from the Great Pacific Northwest could post Events scheduled this Spring/Summer/Fall 2008.

Originally from Portland (bought my 07 Shelby GT from Dick Hannah Ford), I'm moving up to Maple Ridge, BC (about 40 miles East of Vancouver, BC) to be with my new wife and new daughters! In the meanwhile, I do quite a bit of traveling between Portland and Vancouver, BC.

I am a member of the Greater Vancouver Mustang Association (GVMA - Vancouver, BC) and we'll be hosting two nice events:

Sunday, May 18th

Mustangs on Top! GVMA Annual Spring Show

This event will be cool. We've secured the rooftop parking deck of a new parking garage in the Historic Gastown section of Vancouver, BC. And more, if it rains, we've got the parking level below to move the show to!

The event is open to all Mustangs & Fords with trophies in several categories/classes and a Best of ...or "Top Mustang" trophy will be awarded. Registration Fees are only $15. (with free parking!!!) beginning at 8:30am the day of the Show. Show starts at 9:30 and ends by 1:00pm. Across the street is an Old Spaghetti Factory who has made us a great package deal for lunch and our Awards Ceremony. Following the Luncheon, all cars will cruise together around Stanley Park and finally down famous Robson Street (kind of the Northwest's cut on Rodeo Drive) to end the day.

For more information, contact Richard Austin: cnaustin@telus.net

The GVMA (late August - TBD) also hosts an annual Summer Mustang Round-Up. Last year about 150 cars showed up. MORE INFO TO FOLLOW as dates/time/location is firmed up!

Unrelated to the GVMA, there is another great show -

SOUNDS OF SUMMER

Mustangs of all kinds

Sunday, June 22nd

Port Coquitlam, BC

(about 30 miles East of Vancouver, BC)

For more information, contact Richard Austin: cnaustin@telus.net

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you who have not been to Vancouver, BC, it has to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world. And during the Summer months, it is gorgeous! Come up for a long weekend.

Regarding passports: If you "drive" across the border, passports are not yet required. Bring two pieces of ID (one photo ID) and getting across is easy!

I would love to learn of the other Spring/Summer/Fall Mustang-related Events scheduled for 2008 in the Pacific Northwest. Let's use this post to begin a list. I'll keep it up-to-date from time-to-time, so please join in!

Thanks!

Todd

Todd,

I have this event on my calendar and barring any last minute work issue I am planning to come up. We'll bring the GT-H and possibly our Saleen Speedster (if the wife wants to drive it). I hope that we can drag along several other members from the greater Puget Sound region car clubs we belong to.

You might want to checkout the events calendar on the Mustangs Northwest website for other show dates. As I complete my list of shows we plan on attending I'll post it for everyone to checkout.

Todd,

I have this event on my calendar and barring any last minute work issue I am planning to come up. We'll bring the GT-H and possibly our Saleen Speedster (if the wife wants to drive it). I hope that we can drag along several other members from the greater Puget Sound region car clubs we belong to.

You might want to checkout the events calendar on the Mustangs Northwest website for other show dates. As I complete my list of shows we plan on attending I'll post it for everyone to checkout.

Hi Jim!

If you and the wife do indeed come up to Vancouver for our May 18th MUSTANGS ON TOP event, please let me know in advance. I would be very happy to assist you guys with anything - from helping select a Hotel, directions, etc. etc. You just let me know!

Todd

Hi Jim!

If you and the wife do indeed come up to Vancouver for our May 18th MUSTANGS ON TOP event, please let me know in advance. I would be very happy to assist you guys with anything - from helping select a Hotel, directions, etc. etc. You just let me know!

Todd

Todd,

I'll let you know when we are sure. I'm not sure if we will be coming up the day of the show or the day before. Two of our friends are GVMA member Brian Card and wife Maria who are now living in Seattle.

The parking garage concept sounds really creative and it does deal with the liquid sunshine that we get so often!

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds good Jim!

Just stay in touch!

We're all pretty excited with our 2008 Spring Show - MUSTANGS ON TOP - to be held on the parkade rooftop in Historic Gastown (Vancouver, BC) !!!

The event is shaping up nicely and Press Releases go out to the local media on Monday!

Todd

Todd,

I'll let you know when we are sure. I'm not sure if we will be coming up the day of the show or the day before. Two of our friends are GVMA member Brian Card and wife Maria who are now living in Seattle.

The parking garage concept sounds really creative and it does deal with the liquid sunshine that we get so often!

Archived