TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone own GT-H CSM# 06H171

Back in Oct of '06 I rented GT-H# 171 from the San Diego Airport Hertz for my 20 year H.S. reunion. I flew in from Milwaukee to Orange County Airport and the next day took the Amtrak to San Diego to pick it up. All other Hertz locations (LAX, OC, LB, ONT) either didnt have the GT-H's or were booked for that weekend. So I drove it back to Garden Grove (90 miles) and man I drove it like I stole it. Stopped at a In-n-Out Burger in Newport Beach were I got a lot of looks. I had fun driving it back to SD the next day. On the way back to SD I put my digital camera on video mode and floored the pedal. I had the window down so you can hear the wind and the motor winding up and the GT-H hualing southbound on I-5. It was after this rental experience I went and built my own CS8 Shelby Mustang, then as of Jan of 08' I traded that car in for a Shelby GT with CSM#1967. P.S. I also went to Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base where the Marines at the PX were all taking pictures of it with there cell phones. I even let them sit behind the wheel and enjoy the moment! I ended up putting over 250 miles on it on a 24 hour rental period. Note: In one of the videos you can see the odometer at 4184.5 miles Note: The dash plaque says: CSM No. 06H171 and the under the hood plaque says: CSM No. 06H0171. PM me or respond back to this post and I will email you the vid/pics. -FB

post-12648-1204025242_thumb.jpg

Back in Oct of '06 I rented GT-H# 171 from the San Diego Airport Hertz for my 20 year H.S. reunion. I flew in from Milwaukee to Orange County Airport and the next day took the Amtrak to San Diego to pick it up. All other Hertz locations (LAX, OC, LB, ONT) either didnt have the GT-H's or were booked for that weekend. So I drove it back to Garden Grove (90 miles) and man I drove it like I stole it. Stopped at a In-n-Out Burger in Newport Beach were I got a lot of looks. I had fun driving it back to SD the next day. On the way back to SD I put my digital camera on video mode and floored the pedal. I had the window down so you can hear the wind and the motor winding up and the GT-H hualing southbound on I-5. It was after this rental experience I went and built my own CS8 Shelby Mustang, then as of Jan of 08' I traded that car in for a Shelby GT with CSM#1967. P.S. I also went to Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base where the Marines at the PX were all taking pictures of it with there cell phones. I even let them sit behind the wheel and enjoy the moment! I ended up putting over 250 miles on it on a 24 hour rental period. Note: In one of the videos you can see the odometer at 4184.5 miles Note: The dash plaque says: CSM No. 06H171 and the under the hood plaque says: CSM No. 06H0171. PM me or respond back to this post and I will email you the vid/pics. -FB

GT-H #171 is alive and well here in New Mexico. I've sent the individual an e-mail, hopefully he'll get back to you shortly. His car and mine (#286) were both San Diego rentals....if they'd have only rented you #286 instead!!!!!! :banghead:

GT-H #171 is alive and well here in New Mexico. I've sent the individual an e-mail, hopefully he'll get back to you shortly. His car and mine (#286) were both San Diego rentals....if they'd have only rented you #286 instead!!!!!! :banghead:

Thats so cool. In fact the very same day I picked up my rental (#171) another person picked up a GT-H about 20 mins before me. As I left the lot to get on the freeway I saw up in the distance the red & blue lights of San Diegos finest and yep it was that same guy at the Hertz counter in the other GT-H. He got pulled over about 1 mile from the Hertz lot. My guess is that he was showboating and John Q Law saw him and nailed him. Perhaps he was in #286? :hysterical:

Hi , sorry it took so long to respond I have been out of town. I am the proud owner of #171 in Socorro NM. I would love to see some of the pictures you have with it. It now has 20,110 miles on her.

Robert

Hey Robert,

First I want to say sorry for going ape :censored: on your car back in October of 2006. I did have fun with her and opening her up on I-5 was a treat. Im currently on the road this week myself. I wll depart Pope AFB on the 12th and I will get the stuff together when I get back home. -FB

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Robert,

First I want to say sorry for going ape :censored: on your car back in October of 2006. I did have fun with her and opening her up on I-5 was a treat. Im currently on the road this week myself. I wll depart Pope AFB on the 12th and I will get the stuff together when I get back home. -FB

Hey Robert, I just found the rental contrct! I have already compiled a CD and notes explaining the pics you will see on the disk. I will give you my original contract with Hertz including the paper binder it came in. Its all there. I made copies for myself. I figured the original contract should go with the car for historical purposes. Its cool to think that I will be a part of this cars history too for a very long time! :happy feet:

-Flyingbadger

Hey Robert, I just found the rental contrct! I have already compiled a CD and notes explaining the pics you will see on the disk. I will give you my original contract with Hertz including the paper binder it came in. Its all there. I made copies for myself. I figured the original contract should go with the car for historical purposes. Its cool to think that I will be a part of this cars history too for a very long time! :happy feet:

-Flyingbadger

Excellent form, flyingbadgers.

• 1 year later...

I am looking at buying 2006 GT-H #281, does anyone have any information on this car at all. I do not have any documents from a rental perspective and dont even know what they look like so any information at all would be great.

Thanks --- Larry T.

Archived