TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Incentives on Mustang GT - Shelby too?

s4show

My car will be a early april purchase. There is $2k back on Gt's through march. Anyone know if the Shelby buyers should get the rebate money too? Hopefully so and hopefully there will be rebates in April.

They will most likely never rebate the GT500.

They don t need to have incentives because they sell the majority of the ones they have at markup. Incentives that apply to the GT usually dont apply to the Shelby.

The one notable exception was the breif 0% financing.

My car will be a early april purchase. There is $2k back on Gt's through march. Anyone know if the Shelby buyers should get the rebate money too? Hopefully so and hopefully there will be rebates in April.

Right now the rebate on 08 mustang is $1,500 OR 3.90%

Rebates EXCLUDED on 08 Shelby GT, Shelby GT500 and Bullitt.

Things can always change in the near future, so you never know. But don't expect to see any rebates on GT500. I would bet you will see some rebate on GT500 by the end of the 09 model year. Especially if the new 2010 is a hit. Everyone will want that instead.

Whatever programs they offer, you get whatever is available at the time you take delivery and pay for it.

Shelby Dude,

Do you think X plan will ever be available for the GT500? I am also trying to find out if it ever was available on the previous Cobra model to see if history may repeat itself. Prices are coming down fast though. I almost bought a blue conv. on Ebay but it had the shaker 1000 and satellite I don't want. It sold for 48600 (3105 under MSRP).

Shelby Dude,

Do you think X plan will ever be available for the GT500? I am also trying to find out if it ever was available on the previous Cobra model to see if history may repeat itself. Prices are coming down fast though. I almost bought a blue conv. on Ebay but it had the shaker 1000 and satellite I don't want. It sold for 48600 (3105 under MSRP).

See, prices are coming down. With the 2009 GT500's it will be easy to get under MSRP.

CaptDave

Shelby Dude,

For $3100 under MSRP I would have accepted a few options I didn't want!! Won't get much better than that - unless it was a used car.

Shelby Dude,

I would suspect to see plan pricing available if they do one for 09, at least by the end of the 09 run. Of course, you still have to find a dealer willing to sell on that plan. Just because plan sales are available does not mean the dealer has to honor that program. It is entirely up to the dealer whether they want to accept that or not.

If dealers are still getting MSRP or more then why would they accept an X-Plan sale where they make less than $400 profit VS $3,500 or more profit?

In the beginning when the GT500 first came out Ford had listed plan prices on the invoice. They removed those prices when Job 2 began on the 07 models and have not listed them since. The box that list the plan prices on the invoice is blank.

At this point anything being talked about here is just speculation on what could or might be.

Even if 09 is a done deal Ford could still scrap that at the last minute and decide not to build it.

Based on the current inventory showing up compared to what it was last year at this time, if it were up to me there would not be a 09. It makes no sense to keep building more if there is already a bunch of current inventory piling up on lots.

Throughout the 07 model year the monthly average inventory on hand on any given day was between 750 - 800 units nation wide.

For the past several months that has grown to over 1,600 units on any given day and that is still increasing. Plus they are building about 2,800 less units this year than what they built in 07.

So for 08 they cut total production by just over 25% compared to 07. The daily average inventory on hand is over a 100% higher than it was in 07, and that is still increasing every week. So why would it make sense to build more in 09??? Just so they can end up having to give them away and add rebates to them just to get them sold? This is exactly why they are in the big financial mess they are in today. Over building to much product, to many dealers, causing them to have to give it all away and offer huge rebates just to get people to buy it all. Then they wonder why they are losing money and why dealers are not able to be profitable!

Plus, before this is all over with, they will have absolutely destroyed any popularity of this car with the Shelby name. In the end it will become just as common as buying any V6 or GT mustang. Very very very sad!

I agree with you completely Shelbydude but for me it is double edged because I am trying to get one as cheap as possible and the more they make the better for me. If they decide to not build the 2009 I am sure prices will go up and I will be kicking myself. Hopefully just a couple more weeks till we find out for sure on the 2009.

The car I ordered last year arrived in Novemeber and my verbal MSRP deal jumped to 3000 over when it came in. I yelled at everyone I could in that dealership from salesman, General manager, and customer service. I told them I wouldn't pay them a penny more on principal. Just last week they called me and told me they would sell it to me for 1000 under MSRP. I said if they throw in a car cover I will do it but they wouldn't. Then I saw that great deal on ebay. So far waiting has helped but I hope I don't wait too long. I also told the dealer that the deal I want is now lower in case they change their minds on the cover.

I agree with you completely Shelbydude but for me it is double edged because I am trying to get one as cheap as possible and the more they make the better for me. If they decide to not build the 2009 I am sure prices will go up and I will be kicking myself. Hopefully just a couple more weeks till we find out for sure on the 2009.

The car I ordered last year arrived in Novemeber and my verbal MSRP deal jumped to 3000 over when it came in. I yelled at everyone I could in that dealership from salesman, General manager, and customer service. I told them I wouldn't pay them a penny more on principal. Just last week they called me and told me they would sell it to me for 1000 under MSRP. I said if they throw in a car cover I will do it but they wouldn't. Then I saw that great deal on ebay. So far waiting has helped but I hope I don't wait too long. I also told the dealer that the deal I want is now lower in case they change their minds on the cover.

Sounds to me like you are chasing after stupid money.

They got the car you wanted. You were willing to pay MSRP. They eventually came down $1000 under MSRP.....and you are playing games over a stinking car cover????

IF they announce no 09 that $300 car cover will end up costing you many thousands more. IF they announce no 09 you won't have time to hurry and jump on one, because the second that happens dealers will be jacking prices up through the roof.

I'd go buy that car and quit screwing around over stupid stuff.

When I get people that start trying to pull that crap, where they always feel they just gotta try to get a little something more every time, I am done. I won't even sell them the vehicle. Go play games with someone else. I give my best deal right up front. If that isn't good enough, no problem. Keep shopping. I refuse to play games and waste hours going back and forth over stupid stuff.

I have a guy trying that crap now on the used GT500 I have. If a $1000 is what is standing in someone's way of being able to buy this car then they have no business buying it to begin with. It is obviously going to put them in a financial bind they don't need to get themselves into.

Now this guy just wants to not have to pay any fees. Well there is a $150 doc fee and a $10 temp. drive away fee. So if a $160 is all that is standing in his way then I rather not sell him the car. He obviously can't financially afford it. And if he can afford it and just wants to play games over a $160 then he doesn't deserve it and I rather see someone else get it instead.

So my advice and my opinion,....go get your car that is the one you really wanted at the $1000 less they are willing to sell it to you for while you still can.

I will admit I am playing games a little just because they lied and jacked the price of the car up on me when it came in. I think they deserve it and unfortunately to me every $1000 I can get off of the price is alot of money to me. It really is out of my price range but I finally after 2 years talked the wife into it and sold my FFR cobra for 30K for the down payment. Now if I can get it low enough I may still be able to go on vacations within the next 5 years I am paying it off.

I hate playing games with salesmen but I love messing with this dishonest dealership.

Seems to me the game playing started when the dealer raised the price by $3,000 when the car arrived.

But if I'm reading between the lines correctly all there was was a verbal agreement on the price and anyone knows that when it comes to buying a car EVERYTHING must be clear and in writing.

Steve

Seems to me the game playing started when the dealer raised the price by $3,000 when the car arrived.

But if I'm reading between the lines correctly all there was was a verbal agreement on the price and anyone knows that when it comes to buying a car EVERYTHING must be clear and in writing.

Steve

Yes, the dealer did start it by not honoring their verbal agreement. But they also came back later and offered it for a $1000 less than the verbal agreed on price of MSRP.

The dealer doesn't deserve to earn his business regardless after pulling that stunt. BUT! The fact is, this is the car HE ordered, that HE really wanted, with the exact options HE wants.

So taking all that into account and the fact you just can't find these for less than MSRP and where most dealers are still getting over MSRP....I would put all that other crap aside and go get my car! In the end I would have the last laugh because I ended up getting it for a $1000 below MSRP. So they not only didn't get to sell it to someone else for more than MSRP, but they ended up LOSING a $1000 plus any floor plan interest had they just honored their verbal agreement of MSRP.

Walking away over a stinking car cover and just playing games is just stupid based on what they are willing to sell it for at this point.

It's hard enough just to find these for MSRP. Then trying to find the exact color and options makes it all the more harder to find. In the end someone else comes along and buys the car and you end up paying more just to get one or end up never getting one at all because of a car cover????

Don't forget - if you bought a 08 GT500 with the EXACT same options as a 07 GT500 it cost you $1000 more.

I'd be willing to bet that 09's (if they make them) will have a similar price increase.

Just a thought.

So - pay $1000 or $2000 over invoice for a 08, and get to drive it now, or lose most of that price advantage with the 09's come out with a higher sticker (but maybe priced lower than sticker) and waste another year.

Just something to think about.

IMO - if you can get MSRP or lower you're getting a heck of a good deal. IF 09's come, you may end up paying close to the same amount anyway.

I will admit I am playing games a little just because they lied and jacked the price of the car up on me when it came in. I think they deserve it and unfortunately to me every $1000 I can get off of the price is alot of money to me. It really is out of my price range but I finally after 2 years talked the wife into it and sold my FFR cobra for 30K for the down payment. Now if I can get it low enough I may still be able to go on vacations within the next 5 years I am paying it off.

I hate playing games with salesmen but I love messing with this dishonest dealership.

Yes, they did lie and jack the price up. Now they are taking a $1000 off the MSRP price you agreed to. Do you know the odds of ever finding that kind of a deal again is? Especially on a car that is the color you wanted with the exact options you wanted???

So you rather pay more in the end and never be able to get one at all? Over playing games for a stinking car cover???

What color is this car? If you don't want it I might be interested. I may have someone looking for that specific color.

Steve

what about us guys out here who refused to pay adm fees and the like...i know several guys, including myself who are waiting for plan prices on gt500 as well as prices below msrp before buying one..i see no problem with building more shelbys...it would help alleviate the past pirannah feeding frenzy and allow gt500 pricing to reach more potential customers for ford which is a good thing..

On the Verbal part. When I agreed to the price I asked for it in writing because at the time I ordered it they were selling for 5-10k over. The salesman told me I didn't need it in writing because they are a family dealership and rely on their reputation. He then took me over to the manager who is also the owners son and introduced me to him saying how honest they are and different from the dishonest dealerships. I fell for it and thought after all of that I should trust them.

I didn't go back and check but it might have been Shelbydude who said my deal would fall through and he was ofcourse right even though I didn't want to believe it.

I believe honest salesmen should keep their jobs but I really wish we could just buy these cars straight from Ford at the market price for that day and not have to deal with dishonest salesmen / dealership owners. I would buy a car from you Shelbydude but the demand is too high in your area and you are too far for me to drive back from.

Here is the deal I now after reading these posts should have not let go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...W:IT&ih=008

If I would have bid on it again the price would have been higher ofcourse.

Shelbydude I have been finding alot of MSRP deals in this area and some who are willing to deal for a little less then that but not exactly the car I want. This purchase is pretty stressful for me and I probably should just get it over with like you said.

On the Verbal part. When I agreed to the price I asked for it in writing because at the time I ordered it they were selling for 5-10k over. The salesman told me I didn't need it in writing because they are a family dealership and rely on their reputation. He then took me over to the manager who is also the owners son and intruduced me to him saying how honest they are and different from the dishonest dealerships. I fell for it and thought after all of that I should trust them.

I didn't go back and check but it might have been Shelbydude who said my deal would fall through and he was ofcourse right even though I didn't want to believe it.

I believe honest salesmen should keep their jobs but I really wish we could just buy these cars straight from Ford at the market price for that day and not have to deal with dishonest salesmen / dealership owners. I would buy a car from you Shelbydude but the demand is too high in your area and you are too far for me to drive back from.

I would love to sell you one, but I don't have any of these left to sell. Unless you want a really nice used Grabber Orange with only 1,617 miles on it? The price is $43,500. I'll pay $500 of that towards shipping cost to get it to you. :happy feet:

That was a super great deal! Only $1,082 over INVOICE!

I was thinking at the time that I might be able to get that deal on the one I ordered or that same price below MSRP on one with my same options. I was also hoping that this is the direction the GT500 sales are going. Now you have me scared I will never see that deal again. I think this will be my first and last new car purchase. I can't take the stress and emotion that comes with it.

I was thinking at the time that I might be able to get that deal on the one I ordered or that same price below MSRP on one with my same options. I was also hoping that this is the direction the GT500 sales are going. Now you have me scared I will never see that deal again. I think this will be my first and last new car purchase. I can't take the stress and emotion that comes with it.

Then why are you putting yourself through it?

Seems pretty straight forward and simple to me. Dealer calls and offers you the car YOU wanted exactly the way you wanted it for $1000 less than what you were agreeing to pay when you ordered it.

How hard is it?

I'll take it!

See how simple that is? No stress, no emotions. Just a straight forward simple deal! It doesn't get any easier than that. You are creating your own stress now.

BTW, just because you find one dealer willing to take a lot less and give up their profit does not mean another dealer will match that deal. On everyday run of the mill cars where they have a dozen in stock just sitting on the lot, that may work. But on this car where most dealers only get one or two, this just isn't going to happen.

Bottom line, you have a chance to get exactly what you wanted for a $1000 less than what you were willing to spend which is below MSRP which is practically unheard of for this car....and you are stressing yourself out over it???? Sounds like a no brainer to me!

relax...in 90 days you mayhave the answer to your dilema...i suspect 09 shelby gt500 will be announced sometime first of june or earlier...no way ford is going to let camaro or challenger steal market share in this market....msrp pricing or below will be the norm at some point in the very near future...i personally seen 5k off the cobras in the past before the 05 mustang hit the streets

relax...in 90 days you mayhave the answer to your dilema...i suspect 09 shelby gt500 will be announced sometime first of june or earlier...no way ford is going to let camaro or challenger steal market share in this market....msrp pricing or below will be the norm at some point in the very near future...i personally seen 5k off the cobras in the past before the 05 mustang hit the streets

I will relax and wait a little longer... Shelbydude is such a good salesman I was almost going to call tonight and buy it this week. The economy is soo bad here in Michigan I would think it should be there a while and if not I still believe in the 09. We will see.

Thanks for the input from everyone, much cheaper than a shrink.

I will relax and wait a little longer... Shelbydude is such a good salesman I was almost going to call tonight and buy it this week. The economy is soo bad here in Michigan I would think it should be there a while and if not I still believe in the 09. We will see.

i leave you with this...new camaro was seen recently with what appears to be a bulging (no metaphores implied) hood...could that mean ls9?...good stuff is coming shortly

You mentioned the dealer you had a deal with was in MI so I am assume you are in MI near this dealer as well.

I ran a search for vista blue verts without shaker 1000 and sat. radio and there is only one showing up. They were invoiced back in Nov so I assume this is the car you are talking about.

A $1000 below MSRP puts this car at $49,215

The one on ebay went for $48,600 and IF you had bid where you were able to win it for only the $100 increment more, that would have put you at a minimum of $48,900.

So we are talking only $315 less than what you could buy the one you wanted at.

Add at least $1000 - $1500 just to ship the one on ebay since that is in MO and you are $700 - $1200 more than what you can buy the one in MI for.

That difference there pretty much makes up for the cost of what the shaker 1000 is.

So after figuring in all senerios here, the one in MI which I assume is near where you live is by far the better buy.

BTW, I have no incentive here to be a good salesman to get you to buy this car. A $1000 below MSRP on a car that is the exact color you want with the options you want is a very good deal and trying to find another one like this may not happen. So you could end up having to settle for one in a different color or options than what you wanted.

I also noticed this car was ordered as a retail sold unit. So I assume this is the exact car that you had them order for you. It doesn't get much better than that. Getting one ordered to your specs and ordered specifically just for you and then being able to get it for less than MSRP???

Also, IF they build the 09 the vista blue may not be an option. They are coming out with Grabber Blue. So that "might" be a color used to replace the current vista blue color just like they did with the Vapor color to replace the Tungsten 07 color.

Bottom line, if this is exactly what you wanted and you can get it below MSRP then BUY IT! There are people that would have given their right arm to get a deal like this.

I'm with you ShelbyDude.....my rule of thumb is $500. If we can get to with-in 500 I'm good with the deal. My wifes 05 Bird was 300 apart, told him I would not lose the deal for 300 and we closed. I have no problem letting you guys put food on the table....just don't waqnt to send your kids to college :hysterical2: . In the big picture of things $500 is chump change!

I'm with you ShelbyDude.....my rule of thumb is $500. If we can get to with-in 500 I'm good with the deal. My wifes 05 Bird was 300 apart, told him I would not lose the deal for 300 and we closed. I have no problem letting you guys put food on the table....just don't waqnt to send your kids to college :hysterical2: . In the big picture of things $500 is chump change!

When I was shopping, a couple of weeks ago, I refused to pay MSRP, at 2 different dealers.

Those dealers wouldn't budge below MSRP.

When I found the third MSRP deal, I grabbed it and didn't haggle.

It turned out for the best, because the third MSRP deal was my preferred color.

Archived