TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Stripe dimensions question

05Stang_WI

Being a student of stripe geometry myself (painted stripes) and having a friend ask me a question I couldn’t answer (I hate that ;) ) and further having searched first a bit for the answer here and elsewhere I'm left without the answers….

Does anyone know the size of the GT500 vinyl stripes? What is the width between (1.5”?) and do they taper front to back? If so, how much?

Any of you lucky new owners have a hood that is cool enough to measure for us ?

Any info appreciated.

You probably need the dimensions off each panel. I understand they taper to the top to give the illusion of being the same width (front to top and back to top), if that makes sense.

ThEY SURE DO. Don`t have di though . I`am sure you could get it from FORD.

You probably need the dimensions off each panel. I understand they taper to the top to give the illusion of being the same width (front to top and back to top), if that makes sense.

yes but the question is ... when Ford painted the stripes on the GT, did they taper them for effect of looking even? From the pics I've see so far, it is pretty obvious (sadly) that the stripes are tapered and really do not look all that professional. I for one, know that I'll be stuggling to decide what to do - to have then pulled off and 'done right' (painted on) or just left as they are. Time will tell.

I am feverishly trying to secure the dimensional layout information of the stripes as I write this. I just dropped my 500 off at the custom painter this morning, so I need to get the layout dimensions quickly. I tried the dealers (HA!), but no help. I'm now trying Ford Technicial support to see if they have any information on the stripes. After that, the only other thing that I can think to do is go take pictures and measurments off of a hardtop 500.

I'll let everyone know if I am sucessful getting the data.

Archived