TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So.....my dog starts barking, and there is knock at the door.....

Gun Oil

I look out the front windo and there is a UPS Next Day Air bubble pack on the front porch....not expecting anything....to my SHOCK, it was from Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation! :happy feet: :headspin::yahoo: :bandance: :hyper: :happy feet:

Oh hell yeah....my Dash Plaque came that I ordered on the 20th of THIS MONTH was inside! :happy feet:

I had read here on the Forum that it was taking months to get these autographed items :banghead: So needless to say, this quite a happy day..... :woot:

Now, if I just had a car to put it in! The wait continues! :doh:

I look out the front windo and there is a UPS Next Day Air bubble pack on the front porch....not expecting anything....to my SHOCK, it was from Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation! :happy feet: :headspin::yahoo: :bandance: :hyper: :happy feet:

Oh hell yeah....my Dash Plaque came that I ordered on the 20th of THIS MONTH was inside! :happy feet:

I had read here on the Forum that it was taking months to get these autographed items :banghead: So needless to say, this quite a happy day..... :woot:

Maybe mine will come today, then. I ordered it on Feb 9th. And no car to put it on yet, either.

Congratulation on the plaque, i ordered mine 2 months ago just called them today they said it will ship within a week.

Probably you have read it but i thought that it is a good thread to go through to protect the plaque and signature if you did not.

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...;hl=preserve,it

Seems there are 2 different plaque styles out there....

The one I got has just his sig on a nice brushed metal base, no other engraving or lettering to conflict with his handwritting.

I kind of like the simple styling of the one I ended up with....until I looked at the "Krylon" thread, I didn't even know about the ones with the letter and such on them....

Where are those sold?

I think I may go the airbag cover route as well, but will pass on the signed sill plates.....but I will get the sill plates as eye candy fo' sho'!

:superhero:

The one I got has just his sig on a nice brushed metal base, no other engraving or lettering to conflict with his handwritting.

I kind of like the simple styling of the one I ended up with....until I looked at the "Krylon" thread, I didn't even know about the ones with the letter and such on them....

Where are those sold?

I think I may go the airbag cover route as well, but will pass on the signed sill plates.....but I will get the sill plates as eye candy fo' sho'!

It has your VIN though hasn't it?

When you place the order for the plaque there is the comment box and there you put your VIN, i wounder if you did that?

That's great!

Where are those sold?

The other ones are customized to your car - has your VIN and the signature.

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/

That's why it takes so long.

They must have changed them from the originals that they used for the pics....mine does not have the black outline, and his signature is quite a bit tighter....

sigplate.JPG

I still am very happy to just have his signature to go in my GT500.......That is the crowning touch in my

oppinion. :drool: :beerchug: :drool:

They must have changed them from the originals that they used for the pics....mine does not have the black outline, and his signature is quite a bit tighter....

sigplate.JPG

I still am very happy to just have his signature to go in my GT500.......That is the crowning touch in my

oppinion. :drool: :beerchug: :drool:

Looks great, congrats.

Mine took 10 days round trip. The box arrived at Shelby on 22-Feb, and the covers were returned today.

Mandatory Photo:

DSC_0154.jpg

Next step is to Barrett Jackson for Craig and Steve, and then to Shelby for Amy's signatures.

Question: What pen/marker does Carroll use to sign? I need to get one to send along with them for stage 2.

Mine took 10 days round trip. The box arrived at Shelby on 22-Feb, and the covers were returned today.

Mandatory Photo:

DSC_0154.jpg

Next step is to Barrett Jackson for Craig and Steve, and then to Shelby for Amy's signatures.

Question: What pen/marker does Carroll use to sign? I need to get one to send along with them for stage 2.

I would try to send paint sharpies because it stays and does not fade with time, i hope Mr Shelby used something like that because you have to spray a krylon on it if it was a regular sharpie.

http://markingpendepot.com/index.asp?PageA...dID=14&HS=1

that sig looks great.

I would try to send paint sharpies because it stays and does not fade with time, i hope Mr Shelby used something like that because you have to spray a krylon on it if it was a regular sharpie.

http://markingpendepot.com/index.asp?PageA...dID=14&HS=1

that sig looks great.

I called the CSCF person that handles these and he said he's going to send me a pen/marker. He said it would be better than making the mistake of getting the wrong one. Pretty cool of them!

I called the CSCF person that handles these and he said he's going to send me a pen/marker. He said it would be better than making the mistake of getting the wrong one. Pretty cool of them!

Do you have two Shelbies (your screen name may suggest that) or you got extra cover, if the latter can you order it alone?

Do you have two Shelbies (your screen name may suggest that) or you got extra cover, if the latter can you order it alone?

I have two cars. I tried briefly to find the cover alone so I could start the signature pipeline early, but alas, it appears that the cover itself is not available. It can only be obtained as part of a complete airbag assembly. I can't see why, since dash parts often get damaged, but this is not the case. There are topics elsewhere on this subject.

• 2 months later...

My project finally closed last week. I'm just getting time today to put them back in.

Here is the final result.

Cars are Barrett Jackson Special Edition Shelby GTs (convertibles).

Sigs at the bottom are Craig Jackson and Steve Davis from Barrett Jackson and Amy Boylan from Shelby. Many thanks to all! And also to Jill at BJ for her help.

DSC_0244.jpg

Archived