TEAM SHELBY FORUM

door rattle

i havent found a thread on this subject so i guess i start one.

i have this anoying rattle in the driver side door panel. also hear in on the passenger door as well. at first i thought it was my a/c vents but i've isolated it being in the door. and it sounds like a little baby rattler.

not joking either lol

anyone else have this prob? :headscratch:

i have this anoying rattle in the driver side door panel. also hear in on the passenger door as well. at first i thought it was my a/c vents but i've isolated it being in the door. and it sounds like a little baby rattler.

not joking either lol

I have the same problem there got to be a way around this.Mine rattles on bumpy roads the rest of the time its quiet

not joking either lol

Follow this thread has pictures and info on how to fix

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.p...ht=door+rattles

ok i found the door handle rattle...but there's another rattle in the dash just left of steering wheel near the air vent or "is" the air vent. it rattles more when i lower my steering wheel. i'll thump the dash just below the headlight switch and i'll hear it. :headscratch: :do what:

ok i found the door handle rattle...but there's another rattle in the dash just left of steering wheel near the air vent or "is" the air vent. it rattles more when i lower my steering wheel. i'll thump the dash just below the headlight switch and i'll hear it. :headscratch: :do what:

lol I have the same problem, both the door and the dash rattle. I'm glad you made a thread about this. I was lazy to start one on my own and I've been hearing it since I got my car in May. :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...
lol I have the same problem, both the door and the dash rattle. I'm glad you made a thread about this. I was lazy to start one on my own and I've been hearing it since I got my car in May. :banghead:

yea the door handle rattling i can deal with because i know whats causing those. but the rattle in the left dash is a mystery. i keep wanting to beat on the dash.

yea the door handle rattling i can deal with because i know whats causing those. but the rattle in the left dash is a mystery. i keep wanting to beat on the dash.

I know what you mean. To me, I do not want to fix it since I know where it's comming from and I know it's not a big thing. Mystery ratles are the worse because you do not know if it is something major that will get worse over time.

I know what you mean. To me, I do not want to fix it since I know where it's comming from and I know it's not a big thing. Mystery ratles are the worse because you do not know if it is something major that will get worse over time.

I have a slight rattle in the door too when riding over rough stuff, but it sounds like mine is originating from the 8" door sub. I'll have to check it out further after work.

I just saw this, its a couple weeks late. My dash air vents rattle (buzz) if you put the hvac mode switch on vent (air thru the face level dash vents) and blend in some heat. Mine rattle pretty good. But if you turn the temp switch to cold (like you would in the summer) and the vents cool down, they no longer rattle buzz. I dont drive the car in the winter in Michigan, but did one nice day and couldnt believe the vent rattle. Never did it before because I drive only in the warm weather with a/c on. Just noticed this in case someone gets a rattle one day and not the next. My $.02

Archived