TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Powered by Ford Badges

ShelbyPilot

Too rich for my blood. Maybe somebody on here would like to have a spare or keep them off a clone.:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-08-She...tem270214476434

I would like to have some for my Bullitt!But at that price I think I would go with the ones that they make for the Cobra.

Did you guys read the Question & Answer section...

Q: here you go again ,where are you getting these emblems ,you must have someone at Shelby getting them for you ,how much are you pay them ???,dose ebay allow you to do this kinda selling ,frand selling -lying,-ot the buyers on ebay,I do hope you remember ower last time , copies of this is being forward to Shelby, Feb-23-08

A: Don't forget your girlfriend Amy too!

Did you guys read the Question & Answer section...

Q: here you go again ,where are you getting these emblems ,you must have someone at Shelby getting them for you ,how much are you pay them ???,dose ebay allow you to do this kinda selling ,frand selling -lying,-ot the buyers on ebay,I do hope you remember ower last time , copies of this is being forward to Shelby, Feb-23-08

A: Don't forget your girlfriend Amy too!

Looking into the details, there may be a logical explanation for this.

The seller identifies his location as Plymouth MI. Plymouth is only a few miles north of Flat Rock via I-275.

The seller has quite a history with ebay, selling exclusively FMC parts since 2001. Other rare items sold in the past include '08 Bullitt cold air kit and dash gauge assembly, as well as other FMC and Ford Racing parts not hard to come by, but he sells them below MSRP here.

My guess is that the Powerd By Ford emblem, though exclusive to the Shelby GT, is installed on the the production line in Flat Rock when the 54U package is indicated and shipping to SAI is the order.

This guy must be some kind of pawn shop for Flat Rock employees able to sneak out some rare parts every once in a while, but this is just IMHO.

Looking into the details, there may be a logical explanation for this.

The seller identifies his location as Plymouth MI. Plymouth is only a few miles north of Flat Rock via I-275.

The seller has quite a history with ebay, selling exclusively FMC parts since 2001. Other rare items sold in the past include '08 Bullitt cold air kit and dash gauge assembly, as well as other FMC and Ford Racing parts not hard to come by, but he sells them below MSRP here.

My guess is that the Powerd By Ford emblem, though exclusive to the Shelby GT, is installed on the the production line in Flat Rock when the 54U package is indicated and shipping to SAI is the order.

This guy must be some kind of pawn shop for Flat Rock employees able to sneak out some rare parts every once in a while, but this is just IMHO.

If that were the case he's dealing in stolen property and it's amazing someone, Ford or SAI, haven't raided him and shut him down. I don't believe, looking at the cars awaiting conversion, that the cars ship from Ford with the emblems. They are added at SAI. That doesn't mean the company that makes them isn't though.

The ebay seller is "DIVERSIFIED PRODUCTS MARKETING, INC." in Plymouth Michigan.

They also run www.buyfordracing.com

If you do a google search you will learn where they get some of these parts. Can you say Saleen.

They also advertise new take off parts in several Mustang magazines but many buyers have complained that the parts were blems.

Steve

Maybe I'm off base here but this one sentence makes it pretty clear that all is not above board.

Local pick up is not an option. Sounds like a deal breaker to me. Just saying :finger:

Other then these stolen stock items on Ebay Bud from SAI has said the only way to get them is to verify you own a SGT and send back the pieces of the old one or document the accident that lost them.

I can confirm that from my own personal experience here in New York.

The badges for my SGT were stolen while the car was on the dealer's lot. Apparently the thieves were primarily after nav and stereo systems, but they also clearly knew the value of the "Powered By Ford" badges.

In order for Shelby to send the replacement badges to the dealership, they had to provide SAI with a copy of the police report.

I also heard a while back that 200 or so of these badges were "sold" in the beginning of production and have been showing up on ebay from time to time. When a decision was made to try to protect the exclusivity of the badges, such sales ceased, but I was told some "snuck out" before the clamp down decision was made.

Never verified, just passing on some "heresay"........

I also heard a while back that 200 or so of these badges were "sold" in the beginning of production and have been showing up on ebay from time to time. When a decision was made to try to protect the exclusivity of the badges, such sales ceased, but I was told some "snuck out" before the clamp down decision was made.

Never verified, just passing on some "heresay"........

AFBlue had an extra set that I think he got through this before the lock down.

Matt

Archived