TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which Dealers will be getting the KR?

sonico

Hi everyone. I've been watching this site for quite a while now and am excited that Ford has actually started the lottery process. However I haven't seen much on which dealers are getting them. I know that the announcements are only trickling out gradually but it has started, yet I've seen no listing of the recipient dealers.

Does anyone know this or is Ford only going to announce the dealer recipients at the end. I'm "on the list" at a couple of dealers and would love to know if/when they get picked. I remember a great post listing the 50 dealer recipients of the F-series contest. If there is someone in the know, perhaps that list could remain as a sticky as it updates. I would guess that everyone on this forum would love to know where these last 945 cars are going.

Thanks for all the great info thus far.

Hi everyone. I've been watching this site for quite a while now and am excited that Ford has actually started the lottery process. However I haven't seen much on which dealers are getting them. I know that the announcements are only trickling out gradually but it has started, yet I've seen no listing of the recipient dealers.

Does anyone know this or is Ford only going to announce the dealer recipients at the end. I'm "on the list" at a couple of dealers and would love to know if/when they get picked. I remember a great post listing the 50 dealer recipients of the F-series contest. If there is someone in the know, perhaps that list could remain as a sticky as it updates. I would guess that everyone on this forum would love to know where these last 945 cars are going.

Thanks for all the great info thus far.

Ford is doing a almost weekly draw and so far they have not sent out a list

If I were you I would start calling dealers and asking....I wouldn't wait for your local dealer that you signed up with to call you - unless you don't mind waiting. you can always just tack on delivery charge from somewhere else...

I think when they get notified of their allocation they will start calling people "on the list" but I would say whoever put the money out or who is willing to pay alot over sticker will be the first to get called.

ex: if they know Billy Bob that owns a million dollar cattle ranch TX has the CASH and is "into cars" they might give him a call to get the most over sticker they can.....

but I could be wrong Im just a blonde chic! so who knows LOL

Thanks for the input.

I find it interesting that a list was immediately available for the 50 cars allotted from the F-Series contest, but no info is available yet for this much bigger allottment. I fear exactly what you predict about the dealers "massaging" their lists. Hopefully some info will start trickling out as these dealers are announced.

As soon as it becomes widely known that Ford intends to build the KR for at least 09 and 10 the ADMs will start falling.

Ford dealers have already started calling buyers that have given deposits for a KR. Some dealers have actually started sending deposits back saying that they are not getting a KR. Gee, I did not think that Ford was calling every dealer to say they are not getting a KR. I thought they were informing the lucky ones that they are lottery winners for the KR. Sounds like dealers sending deposits back because they realize that someone sold their precious KR too cheap so sending back deposits is their way of un-winding the deal. Potential buyers w/deposits down better watch their back.....shoyoright

I stopped by Friendly Ford in Crosby, Texas today to look at a GT 500 (already sold) and they told me they were getting two KRs. I asked how are you getting two and they told me they just happend to win two different lotteries. The sales manager also told me this happened when the GT 40 came out that certain dealers received more than one. He also told me he had an offer at 75k over sticker for one of them.....I replied TAKE IT!.....I just don't think the ADMs will remain that high over the next couple of months. We'll see..........

Stephen

We just received our first allotment for a GT500KR. Also have an outstanding offer at $70k from another dealer, so any retail purchase would have to be higher than that. here's the details on the lottery:

February 18, 2008

To: All Ford Dealers

Subject: EFC0200301DC 2008 Mustang GT500KR Lottery Winner Communications Plan

We are excited to announce that the notification of the winners in the 2008 Mustang Shelby GT500KR allocation lottery will begin on Monday, February 18, 2008. We know that you've been anticipating this moment for a long time! Production for this great new Mustang will begin in March and conclude with the Mustang balance-out in May.

The Regional Sales Offices will begin communicating with the winning dealers beginning on February 18th and will conclude by Thursday, March 14th. The announcement of the winning dealerships will be staggered to coincide with the production months (March, April and May). Winners for March and early-April production will be contacted between 2/18 & 2/22. Winners for the balance of April production will be contacted between 2/25 & 2/29. Finally, winners for May production will be contacted between 3/10 & 3/14.

Pricing, ordering instructions and billing information will be provided in a separate communication to be released next week.

Below please find the summary of allocation plan as explained in efc #EFC0700640DC:

Allocation Plan

The limited production numbers made it necessary for the Shelby GT500KR to have a unique allocation plan.

Dealers will have three opportunities to earn allocation:

Random drawing at the 2007 National Dealer Forum, which occurred in June.

Greatest of All Time Truck Leadership Fast Start Mustang Shelby GT500 KR Lottery. Hit your objective in July and you will be entered into random lottery drawings for 2008 Shelby GT500 KR allocation.

All remaining GT500KRs will be distributed via a random lottery drawing:

Each Region will earn allocation based on the Region's share of 2006 & 2007 retail Mustang sales. All 18 Regions (17 Contact/1 Select) will earn allocation.

Dealers will be provided "dealer chips" to be entered into a random draw lottery, with each dealer's chip amount representing the dealer's share of their respective Region's retail Mustang sales (see example listed below)

Dealers in the Select Dealer Region will be entered in to the Select Dealer Region drawing and not in to their facing Contact Region's drawing.

Dealers must be enrolled in the Mustang Shelby GT500 program and must satisfy all current certification requirements prior to delivery.

Example:

Region A earned 10% of the Mustang GT 500KRs based their 2006 & 2007 retail sales.

Dealer ABC, who sold 5% of Region A's retail Mustangs would then receive 5% of the total "dealer chips" allocated for Region A's random draw lottery.

As previously announced, the 2008 Shelby GT500KR is not part of the 2007 President's Award recognition program.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there ary onfo out there about which dealers are getting KRs other than the 1st group that was announced last year? According to the info I saw somewhere, all the dealers should have been notified by now.....shoyoright

We have an allocation for 1 KR. I assume all dealers have been notified.

TomS

We have an allocation for 1 KR. I assume all dealers have been notified.

TomS

Ah, but will all the notified dealers in turn notify the folks that they cut deals with long ago?

I'd really like independent verification before agreeing to take my deposit back. Hopefully, Ford will release this info soon.

Cliff

Ah, but will all the notified dealers in turn notify the folks that they cut deals with long ago?

I'd really like independent verification before agreeing to take my deposit back. Hopefully, Ford will release this info soon.

Cliff

Well, my dealer mailed back my deposit check today, so I decided to call Ford and see if I could confirm whether or not they received an allocation.

I called several different numbers, and finally ended up at the SVT line (800-367-3788). I spoke a fellow named Mitchell, who patiently listened to my story and acknowledged that he'd heard similar stories from a dozen other people.

Then he lowered the boom. Ford has not and will not be releasing the list of lottery winners. Any dealer who has won an allocation will be notified, but that's it. Dealers are free to contact each other to determine who has won an allocation, and these dealers might even unofficially share this information more broadly, but Ford will not be validating this information in any way.

The only recourse one has is to log a complaint against their particular dealer, via the Customer Care number (800-392-3673). But of course, this is pretty much useless.

My argument went something like this:

1. I entered into a contract with a dealer.

2. I'm concerned that they might be defrauding me to the tune of $60,000 or more.

3. Ford could resolve the dispute by releasing the allocation information.

Mitchell responded that Ford views themselves as an uninterested third party. They sell the cars to the dealers, that's it. After that, it's between the customer and the dealer. If you didn't get a contract signed in blood, that's your problem.

I countered that Ford ought to be concerned enough about their brand image to take proactive steps to ensure dealers played fair. Mitchell said that:

1. Lodge a complaint if you like.

2. They cannot legally release the allocation information.

3. Ford has an army of lawyers, so they can do whatever they want.

I'm being a little uncharitable here. Mitchell definitely was sympathetic, but also very firm in laying down the party line. I've worked for big companies in the past, and when big companies start citing "legal issues" (as in #2 above), my understanding is that they are really saying #3. I.e., Ford doesn't care because they don't have to care. It's cheaper to pay lawyers than deal fairly with customers. But again, I'm probably just being uncharitable.

Anyway, just wanted to post my sob story in case somebody else in a similar situation wanted to take a run at the SVT folks.

Good luck to all the folks still hoping to get KR's. Thanks once again to the good guy dealers who have helped out Joe Nobodies like myself with valuable Shelby info.

Cliff

Well, my dealer mailed back my deposit check today, so I decided to call Ford and see if I could confirm whether or not they received an allocation.

I called several different numbers, and finally ended up at the SVT line (800-367-3788). I spoke a fellow named Mitchell, who patiently listened to my story and acknowledged that he'd heard similar stories from a dozen other people.

Then he lowered the boom. Ford has not and will not be releasing the list of lottery winners. Any dealer who has won an allocation will be notified, but that's it. Dealers are free to contact each other to determine who has won an allocation, and these dealers might even unofficially share this information more broadly, but Ford will not be validating this information in any way.

The only recourse one has is to log a complaint against their particular dealer, via the Customer Care number (800-392-3673). But of course, this is pretty much useless.

My argument went something like this:

1. I entered into a contract with a dealer.

2. I'm concerned that they might be defrauding me to the tune of $60,000 or more.

3. Ford could resolve the dispute by releasing the allocation information.

Mitchell responded that Ford views themselves as an uninterested third party. They sell the cars to the dealers, that's it. After that, it's between the customer and the dealer. If you didn't get a contract signed in blood, that's your problem.

I countered that Ford ought to be concerned enough about their brand image to take proactive steps to ensure dealers played fair. Mitchell said that:

1. Lodge a complaint if you like.

2. They cannot legally release the allocation information.

3. Ford has an army of lawyers, so they can do whatever they want.

I'm being a little uncharitable here. Mitchell definitely was sympathetic, but also very firm in laying down the party line. I've worked for big companies in the past, and when big companies start citing "legal issues" (as in #2 above), my understanding is that they are really saying #3. I.e., Ford doesn't care because they don't have to care. It's cheaper to pay lawyers than deal fairly with customers. But again, I'm probably just being uncharitable.

Anyway, just wanted to post my sob story in case somebody else in a similar situation wanted to take a run at the SVT folks.

Good luck to all the folks still hoping to get KR's. Thanks once again to the good guy dealers who have helped out Joe Nobodies like myself with valuable Shelby info.

Cliff

Cliff

Sometimes it is tough getting a CORRECT answer from BIG corporations of all sorts.

even dealers feel the pain, and have to be take brunt of the public's wraith.

i have said for years that WE should be the first to know the whole plan, not the last.

good luck on getting a KR

• 2 months later...
I'm actually the Internet Manager here at Friendly Ford in Crosby, TX. We are getting 3 GT500KR's. They are all available, if you want to reserve one please call (281) 328-9555 and ask for Austin.

What are you asking for them?

Have they been ordered? if so what colors?

What are you asking for them?

Have they been ordered? if so what colors?

They all show to be at Shelby right now. They are Silver, Torch Red, and Black Clearcoat . Also, for all you superstitious folks out there we are getting #13. As far as price-- there is no set price. We are currently taking bids or deposits. Give me a call directly. 281-462-3205 Austin

Wouldn't ya just love to know how these tools arrived at $154,991.00. I guess they could also have opted for taking bids and depoits at the same time. Aren't these guys beautiful.

Where does it say that we are taking bids AND deposits? It says bids OR deposits.

Let me clarify. We are currently taking bids. However, If you call us and make an offer that the owner will accept and are willing to leave a deposit then the vehicle is yours.

Don't be fooled by dealers saying/asking 70k ADM.......last one sold in eBay for 100k or 19k ADM........most serious dealers I have talked to are now asking 20-30k ADM.......just like the GT500's; this will go in one direction only.....DOWN!

Don't be fooled by dealers saying/asking 70k ADM.......last one sold in eBay for 100k or 19k ADM........most serious dealers I have talked to are now asking 20-30k ADM.......just like the GT500's; this will go in one direction only.....DOWN!

For 100k, you can have a GT500 (without the extra vinyl letters), and a Challenger, and, dare I say, an Aveo!

:hysterical:

Ebay has been crazy with the KRs. I've seen some do 30 grand more than others and they have finished within days of each other. Hard to figure.

My guess is location. Different markets bring different amounts. You would think they would buy one no matter where it is if they could save $30k, but people are strange and prefer to stay closer to home.

It all comes down to timing, being in the right location at the right time.

Archived