TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Trunk Storage Mod

Grabber

I saw ORF's last year and really liked it, so I installed mine today. It's made by Classic Designs and is kind of spendy at $189.95. It is a quality piece and has a factory look to it. It has 3 storage compartments in it. Here's the linky if anyone wants to order one. http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/ViewProduc...amp;SortOrder=1

Before.

TrunkRadiatorGloveboxmod038.jpg

The piece

TrunkRadiatorGloveboxmod040.jpg

TrunkRadiatorGloveboxmod041.jpg

TrunkRadiatorGloveboxmod042.jpg

TrunkRadiatorGloveboxmod043.jpg

What else can fit in those pockets?

What is it made of?

Did you put something between the allen head set screws and your paint so it doesn't scratch it and cause it to rust?

Joe,

I have not put anything in the side pouches yet. But they will come in handy. They are big enough to hold some detail rags and a bottle of detail spray if I wanted. I will put some sun screen in one of them. The bottom of the Allen set screws are flat, and I taped a piece of gasket paper in there at the connection point. The flat spot on the allen screw just pinches my steel inner sheet metal.

Heres what Moss Motors says about it:

The trunk storage pouch adds the finishing touch to your inner deck lid. Not only does it add appeal to the trunk but it also provides storage capabilities for first aid kits, cleaning supplies, and numerous other lightweight items. Installation is a breeze, some basic hand tools, a couple minutes and your storage pouch is in, saddled and ready to serve. OE quality materials are used to provide a factory appearance and fit. Made from compression molded reinforced polypropylene.

Linky:

http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/ViewProduc...amp;SortOrder=1

Joe,

I have not put anything in the side pouches yet. But they will come in handy. They are big enough to hold some detail rags and a bottle of detail spray if I wanted. I will put some sun screen in one of them. The bottom of the Allen set screws are flat, and I taped a piece of gasket paper in there at the connection point. The flat spot on the allen screw just pinches my steel inner sheet metal.

Heres what Moss Motors says about it:

The trunk storage pouch adds the finishing touch to your inner deck lid. Not only does it add appeal to the trunk but it also provides storage capabilities for first aid kits, cleaning supplies, and numerous other lightweight items. Installation is a breeze, some basic hand tools, a couple minutes and your storage pouch is in, saddled and ready to serve. OE quality materials are used to provide a factory appearance and fit. Made from compression molded reinforced polypropylene.

Linky:

http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/ViewProduc...amp;SortOrder=1

Cool, thanks!

I'll let you get that for my birthday in July! Thanks in advance Grabber!!

:hysterical:

Grabber, if I may suggest, you might want to separate your lug nut key from the card that comes in the pouch. The number on the card is what permits you to order a new one. With both items being in the same place if the key is lost, well you get the idea.

BTW, this looks to be a very practical mod.

Grabber, if I may suggest, you might want to separate your lug nut key from the card that comes in the pouch. The number on the card is what permits you to order a new one. With both items being in the same place if the key is lost, well you get the idea.

BTW, this looks to be a very practical mod.

Good idea. A few months back I read the tag and registered my number. Did you ?

Very cool , looks great and is useful. I didn't even notice the note about registering the number thanks for letting us know.

I got mine about 4 months ago, took one look at the template, and threw it in the trunk with my new floormats. Looks easy. I will have to get around to this this weekend. :happy feet:

I got mine about 4 months ago, took one look at the template, and threw it in the trunk with my new floormats. Looks easy. I will have to get around to this this weekend. :happy feet:

The templates allow you to mark out each location where the clips go.

• 2 months later...

:soapbox:

I would really like to take the Cat from CDC that designed this thing, and have a looooooooooooooooooooong chat in a dark alley! :boxing::finger:

Just spent 3 hours tonight installing mine...honestly wish I hadn't...! :banghead:

Lousy instructions....no guidance on the various brackets as to the direction they "really" go depth wise.....holes didn't line up when trying to bolt it down to the brackets.... :rant2:

A big time POS to install.....We'll see how it stands up to actual use.....the RH snap door had already started to tear away at one edge. :redcard:

IF ANYONE FORM CDC IS READING THESE POSTS: FIX YOUR INSTRUCTIONS AND PICTURES, THEY FREAKIN' SUCK! :club:

I am a degreed mechanical engineer, and this thing wasted my entire evening to finally get installed by having to open the factory mount holes up to get the damn thing bolted down..... :surrender:

OK...rant over...whew.....I feel much better! :tequila:

I can now hardly wait to install the dead-pedal that came in the same order....if it is anything like this POS, it will probably interfere with my clutch pedal! :bag:

Gunner,

Sorry you had a rough go of it. I do remember that the instructions sucked and I had to adjust a couple of the brackets. My only gripe was that I had to install the set screws in the brackets first on my bench in my vice to get the threads to cut into the bracket threads. Then it went on fine.

Nice addition Grabber, I really enjoy reading your posts with your addition of pics to help with your story.. This is most certainly on my must have's list. Looks like a breeze to install too.

Now all I have to do is make sure I gather up some spare felt from work to keep the scratches down.

• 3 months later...
Nice addition Grabber, I really enjoy reading your posts with your addition of pics to help with your story.. This is most certainly on my must have's list. Looks like a breeze to install too.

Now all I have to do is make sure I gather up some spare felt from work to keep the scratches down.

The instructions are very poor, so if you use my thread it will be a big help.

• 2 weeks later...
Grabber and others: Any rattles, dismemberments, or other issues with the mossmustang trunk trim/storage panels after using them for a while?

Still recommend or not?

Thanks.

No problems with mine at all. It's spendy, but what the heck. I like having storage for some little things.

• 1 month later...
Gunner,

Sorry you had a rough go of it. I do remember that the instructions sucked and I had to adjust a couple of the brackets. My only gripe was that I had to install the set screws in the brackets first on my bench in my vice to get the threads to cut into the bracket threads. Then it went on fine.

Doesn't sound like I was too UnLucky :hysterical: I use the glove box, center console, trunk and trunk wheel well for storage. I can keep everything organized in the trunk wheel well and and still have more room than I would ever need in a Shelby.

It does make the bottom of your trunk look allot better and looks to be a much easier storage compartment than the trunk wheel well.

It does make the bottom of your trunk look allot better and looks to be a much easier storage compartment than the trunk wheel well.

That is exacty why I bought it. After seeing Orf's in person....I had to have it.

Archived