TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Collectability vrs price

s4show

I ordered my Mac and Cheese GT500 with white stripes and it is slated to roll throught the plant in 17 Mar 08. Just cannot wait! Have yet to find any way to be more involved in the build or just keep tabs on the car. Not yet have the VIN either.

Well I am just a bit confused about the values of the cars. I know that the SVT guys are building it and not the Las Vegas crew. I know that the production numbers are higher. 9000 or so cars for 07 compared to the 1000 for the GTs and KRs and blah blah. I just wonder if the GT500 will fall victim to market trends like the 03 and 04 SVTs. The price is dropping fast on those. BTW my brother is looking for a ultra low mile 03-04 SVT if someone sees one in the south let me know.

Guess it really does not matter. I ordered the car I want and will pay what I have to to get it no matter what happens to the price of gas or a gas guzzle stick in the ass or the future value of my shelby GT500.

Oh yes I have already had someone tell me that the real shelbys come from Vegas. I will meet him on the road someday and shower him with exhaust as I leave his ass. Just kidding his talk was all in fun.

BTW I paid MSRP in New Orleans. So shoppers do not bend to the greed of dealers!

I ordered my Mac and Cheese GT500 with white stripes and it is slated to roll throught the plant in 17 Mar 08. Just cannot wait! Have yet to find any way to be more involved in the build or just keep tabs on the car. Not yet have the VIN either.

Well I am just a bit confused about the values of the cars. I know that the SVT guys are building it and not the Las Vegas crew. I know that the production numbers are higher. 9000 or so cars for 07 compared to the 1000 for the GTs and KRs and blah blah. I just wonder if the GT500 will fall victim to market trends like the 03 and 04 SVTs. The price is dropping fast on those. BTW my brother is looking for a ultra low mile 03-04 SVT if someone sees one in the south let me know.

Guess it really does not matter. I ordered the car I want and will pay what I have to to get it no matter what happens to the price of gas or a gas guzzle stick in the ass or the future value of my shelby GT500.

Oh yes I have already had someone tell me that the real shelbys come from Vegas. I will meet him on the road someday and shower him with exhaust as I leave his ass. Just kidding his talk was all in fun.

BTW I paid MSRP in New Orleans. So shoppers do not bend to the greed of dealers!

Don't let anyone fool you these cars are COLLECTORS !!!

They collect dust quicker than you can blink!! and finger prints too!!

and don't forget they collect MODS quicker than you can save for them :spend:

I've owned numerous "collectible" cars over the years. And truth is, I made money on them when I sold them. That's kinda nice, really, making money on something you really enjoy doing. But the reality is that I was deathly afraid to drive them, much less leave them on a parking lot while I ran in to get a burger. They overheat. Parts are horribly expensive, as are the cars themselves any more. That's provided you can find the part in the first place.

I owned a '69 Hurst/Olds for 14 years. Put 1000 miles on it. It was a 980 point show car. The air cleaner and mirrors are unobtanium at any price, so I would take them off at night at a national meet. And needless to say, it was trailered to the meet. When I did drive it, I was a nervous wreck. And the reproduction Polyglas tires drove SO well :hysterical:

So, as nice as it is to think about my Shelby bringing a million dollars in 25 years at Barrett-Jackson, that's not my goal. Yes, I intend to pamper it, take care of it, and keep it 25 years. But in the meantime, hello world, what do you think of that blower whine? Try to keep up, GTO :)

I've owned numerous "collectible" cars over the years. And truth is, I made money on them when I sold them. That's kinda nice, really, making money on something you really enjoy doing. But the reality is that I was deathly afraid to drive them, much less leave them on a parking lot while I ran in to get a burger. They overheat. Parts are horribly expensive, as are the cars themselves any more. That's provided you can find the part in the first place.

I owned a '69 Hurst/Olds for 14 years. Put 1000 miles on it. It was a 980 point show car. The air cleaner and mirrors are unobtanium at any price, so I would take them off at night at a national meet. And needless to say, it was trailered to the meet. When I did drive it, I was a nervous wreck. And the reproduction Polyglas tires drove SO well :hysterical:

So, as nice as it is to think about my Shelby bringing a million dollars in 25 years at Barrett-Jackson, that's not my goal. Yes, I intend to pamper it, take care of it, and keep it 25 years. But in the meantime, hello world, what do you think of that blower whine? Try to keep up, GTO :)

Well said.

HSURB

Ok you can we can all have some fun with the mac n cheese thing.

I thought it looked great in the late 60s and the parnelli cars look awesome in Grabber Orange.

I am a long time mustang builder. My 428 4-speed 68 fastback is sweet. I have a very nice 89 Fox bdy supercharged car that I am looking to offload to someone at my loss and thier good fortune.

I have put little to no thought into my color choice. I have not seen one. Hell I have yet to see a GT500 but the numbers look good and the Shelby GTs looks nice in Orange. I think my instinctive choice of Orange will be fine. i do like the Red and white though.

So roll with the Mac-N-Cheese joke. I can laugh along!

Ok you can we can all have some fun with the mac n cheese thing.

I thought it looked great in the late 60s and the parnelli cars look awesome in Grabber Orange.

I am a long time mustang builder. My 428 4-speed 68 fastback is sweet. I have a very nice 89 Fox bdy supercharged car that I am looking to offload to someone at my loss and thier good fortune.

I have put little to no thought into my color choice. I have not seen one. Hell I have yet to see a GT500 but the numbers look good and the Shelby GTs looks nice in Orange. I think my instinctive choice of Orange will be fine. i do like the Red and white though.

So roll with the Mac-N-Cheese joke. I can laugh along!

Glad you were ok with the Mac n cheese joking... it fits right in with the brand of humor we have here.

Plus, it's another chance we have to rib one of the Moderators (Grabber), who has a Mac N Cheese GT500! :hysterical2:

Glad you were ok with the Mac n cheese joking... it fits right in with the brand of humor we have here.

Plus, it's another chance we have to rib one of the Moderators (Grabber), who has a Mac N Cheese GT500! :hysterical2:

+1 as a sports announcer likes to say

We Kid Because We Care...........

Don't let anyone fool you these cars are COLLECTORS !!!

They collect dust quicker than you can blink!! and finger prints too!!

and don't forget they collect MODS quicker than you can save for them :spend:

Right on frydguy BREAK DUST that is :hysterical: as far as the mods they collect them faster than I can collect a pay check :hysterical2:

Archived