TEAM SHELBY FORUM

? about the stripes front middle bumper

jkru911

When I had my '05 GT striped, the guy that did it is a very good, seasoned professional. He explained that using 2 pieces in the front and back is a necessity with all the various curves and angles going in different directions. It would be almost impossible to do it with 1 piece.

If for some reason you have to have your bumer stripes or the rear spoiler stripes replaced, make sure you tell them to over lap them properly.

The bottom stripe should be put on first, and the Top Stripe overlaps the Bottom stripe. <--- Correct Procedure

Mine was re-done incorrectly and It made the overlap crease alot more noticable and didnt look good at all.

See picture: Stripes Put on in the wrong order !! :banghead:

DSC00287.jpg

I did both of my cars this weekend and went over them with a fine toothed comb. I did the wash and first coat of "wax" (Turtle Wax Ice, more in the finish topic).

I also niticed that the transitions on both bumpers were seamed. Both front and rear. It's a difficult transition to do in one piece without a seam/crease. I honestly don't think I would notice if I weren't so anal retentive but it's definitely there.

Black is a very difficult color to deal with, and I've got to give Ford credit where it's due: the paint job on both of my cars is better than the paint job I got on my Mercedes 300E [both black] (which was totally snow unfriendly, since replace with a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500, but I have to deal with snow). It would be interesting to see a black Challenger (which is developed with Daimler (Mercedes)-Chrysler techonolgy) but Challengers (by Congressional edict) should only be orange.

Archived