TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Three Tongues

ShelbyGT/SC

Well, up here in the Boston area, we just got a little more snow - 9 inches. The day before the snow was finally starting to clear but then we got hit again. I am dieing to get in my car. Last week I started her up in the trailer again - that was a big thrill. The week before, I looked at her and also saw Roger's Shelby. Ilmor, rossvt and riharley, feel free to join in the "I want summer - fast" rant with me (LOL).

I got to move south. Good thing I'm job searching in the North Carolina (Research Triangle Park), Tampa or Virginia areas. Anyone know of companies looking for a product, program, marketing, business development, operations or partner manager for high technology, let me know. There is more in my LinkedIn link in my signature.

Here is a little clip I found to let ya'll know how anxious I am about the winter and driving my car again. Let's see who can figure out what it means. This will be fun to see.

I left MA about 12 years ago. Couldn't take the cold any more.

Try Colorado... Front range has moderate temps (it's in the 40's here today, 60 tomorrow). It does get cold in mid Jan (Stock Show time).

The only down side is the wind.

Skiing is only 2 hours away.

Oh, I forgot I wasn't supposed to tell anyone since we are trying to close the doors :)

Hey LuLu, good to hear from you.

Actually, you got me. I didn't think anyone would have gotten the title to match Terlingua so quickly.

I get RSS feeds all the time about various Shelby items. One recent item was for a Shelby Sunbeam Tiger for $7500 in neighboring Rhode Island. Not that I was going to buy it, but I looked in my 1997 SAAC Registry to read up on them a little more. While there, I found on page 806 their version of the Terlingua Race Program. In it, they talked about how Carroll and his lawyer friend David Witts bought 220,000 acres of land in Texas which included the ghost town Terlingua. I had already read some of this online and in the Feb issue of Mustang Monthly (story by Jerry Heasley - see my blog for more), but since I love the Shelby history, I couldn't stop reading the material. Those SAAC guys are amazing with how much stuff they knew/know.

Anyway, I thought I would have had fun with watching everyone try to guess what 3 tongues was all about. It turns out that Terlingua is from Tres Linguas (American Indian) which means "Three Tongues." A quick internet search says it's also called three languages.

The bottom line for my whole topic is that the snow is killing me. I've been reading ilmor's recent posts and agreeing that I am dieing to drive my Shelby. Since I am job searching, I am taking the opportunity to move further south so I can enjoy my car more often. I like NC because of the high tech opportunities, the cost of living (compared to Boston) and all the racing. Plus, a very good and close friend recently told me that he wants to move to that area too. I already have another very good friend who moved from MA to NC and he loves it.

So, if anyone can help my drive my car year-round sooner, let me know.

Anyway, I thought I would have had fun with watching everyone try to guess what 3 tongues was all about. It turns out that Terlingua is from Tres Linguas (American Indian) which means "Three Tongues." A quick internet search says it's also called three languages.

Just to add a little color to history...

There wasn't a real Terlingua race team. It was (as you say, Adam) just a bunch of car nuts hanging out with Mr. Shelby at the ranch. Once the "coat of arms" got turned into a sticker, anyone stopping by to hang out, would mysteriously find a set on their car. As the gang moved around the race circuit of the day, these sticker would mysterously appear on cars at the track.

Terlingua indeed means "three tongues", and that term grows out of the fact that three Native American indian tribes living on the ranch do not share a common language.

Anyone care to guess what tribes?

I should know this...I just read the darned story this morning in the Shelby magazine I just got with the TS kit. Cherokee, apache, and cant recall the other. And Im not even sure on the apache.

Adam dont put the shovel away just yet. We are expecting more snow tomorrow. 3-6 or more...they dont kow for sure yet...as usual. I figure we have about 2 to 2.5 more months left before I can get my car out. The roads took it very hard up here this year so driving up here is realy going to suck this year.

I should know this...I just read the darned story this morning in the Shelby magazine I just got with the TS kit. Cherokee, apache, and cant recall the other. And Im not even sure on the apache.

Adam dont put the shovel away just yet. We are expecting more snow tomorrow. 3-6 or more...they dont kow for sure yet...as usual. I figure we have about 2 to 2.5 more months left before I can get my car out. The roads took it very hard up here this year so driving up here is realy going to suck this year.

Apache is correct. The other two are Comanches and Kiowa.

He're's the whole scoop, right from the horse's mouth.

http://forum.teamshelby.com/index.php?cate...2_articleid=217

There is such a good "dirty little" joke here...but I have a position of "rezpect and authoritay" and given I can't moderate myself...I will have to keep it to myself... :banghead:

When i saw the title of this thread i was going to show it to my wife. :hysterical2:

Carry on fellas i have nothing of value to add....

• 1 month later...

Archived