TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lower Grill Insert

I'm looking at installing the Lower Grill Insert on my 08 SGT-Conv, but I see there is both a Black one and a Chrome one to match the Upper Grill. Has anyone installed one of these and which color seems to integrate best?

Does any one have any pictures? I think it might give it that finished look as well as protect the cooling unit fins from damage.

I thought the Black might work best with the lower side pieces being black as well.

Also, it says to install with rivits, but appears not to include any with either grill - where do you get the rivits and are they hard to clamp down tight enough to prevent rattling?

Thanks,

Andy.

I'm looking at installing the Lower Grill Insert on my 08 SGT-Conv, but I see there is both a Black one and a Chrome one to match the Upper Grill. Has anyone installed one of these and which color seems to integrate best?

Does any one have any pictures? I think it might give it that finished look as well as protect the cooling unit fins from damage.

I thought the Black might work best with the lower side pieces being black as well.

Also, it says to install with rivits, but appears not to include any with either grill - where do you get the rivits and are they hard to clamp down tight enough to prevent rattling?

Thanks,

Andy.

Hi Andy. Welcome to TS.

I just ordered the Black one. It should be here anyday. I will take some install pic's and share with you and the others. The black one IMO seems to blend much better. I started a thread asking some questions and got a bunch of good responses about the install. Some good tips and photos.

Here is the thread, and I hope it answers some of your questions. It did for me.

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...c=24960&hl=

I agree - even some sort of cheap plastic grill would look better than nothing.

Any pictures of the BJ version around? I'd like to see the Billit before I order a Black one and then regret not getting the Billit Chrome.

Thanks!

Any pictures of the BJ version around? I'd like to see the Billit before I order a Black one and then regret not getting the Billit Chrome.

Thanks!

Take a look at the pics in this topic:

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...mp;#entry301387

They really show up well in some of the photos.

Since they used them here I decided to follow suit. The black ones would not highlight the lower portion so much. I personally think either would work but these set the precedent for my cars.

Thanks!

Post #8 on my attached thread has a photo of the billit grill on a members car. IMO since the grill is not full length, and the end pieces are Black, it makes it to squared off looking.

I am trying to protect the alum fins on the cooler, and make that unfinished look go away. I want the bottom of the car to blend with the black facia, not jump out at me.

My 2 cents.

Take a look at the pics in this topic:

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...mp;#entry301387

They really show up well in some of the photos.

Since they used them here I decided to follow suit. The black ones would not highlight the lower portion so much. I personally think either would work but these set the precedent for my cars.

I just looked at those Pic's.

They have no lower grill in them.

Just the ugly alum cooler look. :(

I just looked at those Pic's.

They have no lower grill in them.

Just the ugly alum cooler look. :(

Oh, ick then! The lighting isn't really all that great and if that is just the lower part of the radiator maybe I'll try to change my order to the black ones.

Where is the link to your other post???

I was talking to the Parts guy at the Ford dealer, and he has a cs special. He is going to order the Ford factory black plastic c/s center lower grill frpp piece. And we will see how it looks when it gets in, 165 bucks though. He did not have a good pic of it, but we will see.

Oh, ick then! The lighting isn't really all that great and if that is just the lower part of the radiator maybe I'll try to change my order to the black ones.

Where is the link to your other post???

IN POST #2.

I was talking to the Parts guy at the Ford dealer, and he has a cs special. He is going to order the Ford factory black plastic c/s center lower grill frpp piece. And we will see how it looks when it gets in, 165 bucks though. He did not have a good pic of it, but we will see.

Got a link to the product ?

For what it is worth, I have a 2006 GTH and put the lower billet chrome grill. Made a huge diffrence. With that said, if you want the opening to appear dark and part of the facia black may be better. Easy install also. Car color will also play a factor. I msut agree on a blue car, I think the chrome would look nice.

Good luck

I have the polished one as shown below. It is all that was available when I bought my car. Otherwise, I think I would have gotten the black one. I think the polished lower one detracts from the upper grill which is a huge design que of the car. I may change it one day.

Precious084.jpg

I like the lights too. Do they connect into the fog light switch? Are they Shelby parts (and if so, what P/N?)

Thanks Jeff, I may move that change up a few spots on the list. I think the black is actually glossy. A flat finish might be better.

;-)

Yeah it is glossy. I saw one at the b-day bash and that was a little disconcerting obviously to go with the glossy upper grill. But a flat black would again blend better with the surrounding plastic I think. Not sure how painful it would be to sand and repaint.

I'm going with black. I don't want to draw attention to the lower half and the silver calls attention to the squared look.

Personal taste!

I think I found them. Are they the ones with the brake intakes?

I'll add them to the list of mods when I go out in June/July for my S/C.,

Got a link to the product ?

No, guy did not give part number either It was shipping to Tacoma from Portland. I will post a pic when he gets it in. I have noticed that the aluminum fins on the a/c condenser, I think thats whats down and in there, is getting dinged up a little more every time I wash the car. I think black may look good.

Well, I thought the silver looked great, certainly better than stock with no lower grill. But seeing the black, I think I agree that it looks better. I guess I need to start a list of mods for the future. I love this car :happy feet:

Jim

I have the polished one as shown below. It is all that was available when I bought my car. Otherwise, I think I would have gotten the black one. I think the polished lower one detracts from the upper grill which is a huge design que of the car. I may change it one day.

Precious084.jpg

ShelbyPilot,

Where did you get the Driving Light/Duct combo from? Part Number? Phone Number of Mod Shop?

I LIKE and I WANT!!!!

ShelbyPilot,

Where did you get the Driving Light/Duct combo from? Part Number? Phone Number of Mod Shop?

I LIKE and I WANT!!!!

It was done at the SAI Mod Shop last May. My invoice doesn't even list part numbers. I don't know if the same parts are available anymore. Try ShelbyPerformanceParts. Sorry.

Archived