TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Scoop Saga...continued

My 08 SGT is doing the same thing...right in front of my windshield where you can see it from the driver's seat. The Tape Stripe in several places is buckling from the hood scoop. I know it will only get worse, but at this point I'm the only one who notices it. I would like a permanent fix as this will continue to the point of the entire stripe on the hood beginning to peel off as chemicals and moisture gets under it -- little by little.

Its a shame that a beautiful car has just this one minor flaw but it is in such a highly visible spot that its going to cause a lot of problems long term.

SAI has got to step up to the plate with a logical solution or the next Motor Trend article may have a different title and theme to it!!

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My 08 SGT is doing the same thing...right in front of my windshield where you can see it from the driver's seat. The Tape Stripe in several places is buckling from the hood scoop. I know it will only get worse, but at this point I'm the only one who notices it. I would like a permanent fix as this will continue to the point of the entire stripe on the hood beginning to peel off as chemicals and moisture gets under it -- little by little.

Its a shame that a beautiful car has just this one minor flaw but it is in such a highly visible spot that its going to cause a lot of problems long term.

SAI has got to step up to the plate with a logical solution or the next Motor Trend article may have a different title and theme to it!!

this hood issue bothers me too, lack of response, lack of communication.....

this hood issue bothers me too, lack of response, lack of communication.....

I am interested to see how the warranty claim goes on a car that is 96 hours old when I try to file it tommorow. That is why I took the time stamped photos on Saturday for later proof. But I know Dig-it had no problem and SAI sent the parts out immediately to fix...hoping for the same result here.

My other worry is someone had installed my passneger side hood pin upside down and it gouge the soft metal so I have to try and get that replaced, did not notice that until I pulled in my driveway from the dealership and started taking photos...

I am interested to see how the warranty claim goes on a car that is 96 hours old when I try to file it tommorow. That is why I took the time stamped photos on Saturday for later proof. But I know Dig-it had no problem and SAI sent the parts out immediately to fix...hoping for the same result here.

My other worry is someone had installed my passneger side hood pin upside down and it gouge the soft metal so I have to try and get that replaced, did not notice that until I pulled in my driveway from the dealership and started taking photos...

the "revised scoop" is still a few weeks off, you probably should just have the issue documented, but hold off on the fix.

mine still has the old scoop, didnt get repairs yet and it is a year old

the "revised scoop" is still a few weeks off, you probably should just have the issue documented, but hold off on the fix.

Dealer told me today they did not know how to go about getting it fixed. I told them they needed to contact SAI themselves and figure it out...now waiting on the phone call back they promised.

i assume you mean fix number 2 as obviously the rivets are not working, any ideas what the fix is how did you find out weeks off? im concerned about the existing rivet holes. i'm surprised they went ahead and did same thing with the 08s without testing it first, this will cost them a bundle, hb ford had 6 08 gt's 4 of which has this issue, i had to show them as no one new! had my car almost a year and still it prefect they way it should be for $40k+

Dealer told me today they did not know how to go about getting it fixed. I told them they needed to contact SAI themselves and figure it out...now waiting on the phone call back they promised.

The dealer needs to call Ford Racing at 1-800-367-3788 to set up any warranty claims. This information is in their knowledge base and in the packet of stuff that came with your car. This includes hood scoops, stripes, badging, or any part that is part of the Shelby package. Any parts other than what was listed, would be a Ford factory warranty issue and follow the standard process.

i assume you mean fix number 2 as obviously the rivets are not working, any ideas what the fix is how did you find out weeks off? im concerned about the existing rivet holes. i'm surprised they went ahead and did same thing with the 08s without testing it first, this will cost them a bundle, hb ford had 6 08 gt's 4 of which has this issue, i had to show them as no one new! had my car almost a year and still it prefect they way it should be for $40k+

If you care to read the multiple threads on this topic you will see that back in late January Amy posted an acknowledgement on the issue and reported they were working on another version of the scoop and not to expect anything for at least 10 weeks from then which would put us in mid-late April.

If you care to read the multiple threads on this topic you will see that back in late January Amy posted an acknowledgement on the issue and reported they were working on another version of the scoop and not to expect anything for at least 10 weeks from then which would put us in mid-late April.

COOL THANKS, never saw or found that. another note anyone know why this subject keeps being moved to page 4?

Sorry don't know what you mean by "moved to page 4"?

right now we are #4 on forum topics because of new reply but after a while it moves the topic to page 3 or 4 of forum topics, no big deal just curious if anyone new why that happens with some topics

right now we are #4 on forum topics because of new reply but after a while it moves the topic to page 3 or 4 of forum topics, no big deal just curious if anyone new why that happens with some topics

Seems like a clever way to reduce interest in said topic. Out of sight out of mind? or is it out of site out of mind...

:censored:

I've never seen this topic thread go off the top page of the Tech/Mod forum.

Are you sure you're not confusing the MULTIPLE hood scoop threads?

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14958

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2350

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23855

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14844

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12430

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12651

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24678

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23809

Seems like a clever way to reduce interest in said topic. Out of sight out of mind? or is it out of site out of mind...

You caught us!!!! Yes....I sit up at night waiting for everyone to be asleep, then using my super secret mod tools, I move the date on the topic so it appears as if nothings been posted.

Actually, if you can keep a secret, I take my starship, approach the sun at warp 8 and using a sling shot effect around the sun,. accelerate to a point where time goes backwards. The calculations however are complex which is why the dates keep moving between page 3 and 4. I sometimes go back too far. :banghead:

You caught us!!!! Yes....I sit up at night waiting for everyone to be asleep, then using my super secret mod tools, I move the date on the topic so it appears as if nothings been posted.

Actually, if you can keep a secret, I take my starship, approach the sun at warp 8 and using a sling shot effect around the sun,. accelerate to a point where time goes backwards. The calculations however are complex which is why the dates keep moving between page 3 and 4. I sometimes go back too far. :banghead:

They have sun up there ????? :hysterical3::hysterical2:

both of the above

just like the bad old days, pretty soon the customers are gone somewhere else....

I read last year that GTs with ford hood scoop and stripes had same trouble with wrinkles.The fix was to cut stripes so scoop did not touch.My 08 has the dip in scoop and wrinkles in the stripe.

I'm not sure the old scoop, with the internal mounting bolts, the stripes cut away and a good 3M adhesive tape all around the edges wouldn't have done the trick!

I wonder if they tried that?

My scoop is like everyone else here. It has wrinkles in the stripes where the scoop meets the hood.

It will be interesting to see if anything will be offered to correct this issue. Or is it a characteristic of the Shelby Legend. We need to remember that the original 1960's/1970 Shelby also had their issues.

Personally, I may have my stripes pulled some day and have the stripes painted on.

My scoop is like everyone else here. It has wrinkles in the stripes where the scoop meets the hood.

It will be interesting to see if anything will be offered to correct this issue. Or is it a characteristic of the Shelby Legend. We need to remember that the original 1960's/1970 Shelby also had their issues.

Personally, I may have my stripes pulled some day and have the stripes painted on.

Mine doesn't have any wrinkles in the stripes and the rivets look good for the most part, but I have the dip.

you'd think after 37+ years they'd have figured it out how to correct this :)

you'd think after 37+ years they'd have figured it out how to correct this :)

You know the old saying, something about those who do not learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them...

+1

ok explain this when i go to forum this topic is no where to be seen, i went thru 8 pages of topics, so then i go to my profile find my post from this morning and and click go to topic, lo and behold it shows up. so after this message i click the topic subject above and it now shows up at least to me, on page one of topics!! any idea why it does not show up at first. bottom line had my car 11 months still having issue with scoop and stripes, NOT HAPPY

When I had to have my hood stripes redone early on, the guy that put them on said it was a mistake not "cutting them out around the scoop"

If I have issue with the stripes wrinkling, only the dip now, I will have the new stripes cut around it !

ok explain this when i go to forum this topic is no where to be seen, i went thru 8 pages of topics, so then i go to my profile find my post from this morning and and click go to topic, lo and behold it shows up. so after this message i click the topic subject above and it now shows up at least to me, on page one of topics!! any idea why it does not show up at first. bottom line had my car 11 months still having issue with scoop and stripes, NOT HAPPY

Is there anyone else seeing this?

I have NEVER seen this topic off the first page.

ANYONE?

BTW: It occurred to me are you SURE you are starting off in the right forum area? The "Shelby GT Mods, Shelby GT Tech. Forum and not the "Shelby GT Discussion Forum"?

If you were in the Discussion forum you of course wouldn't see it, when you went to your past postings and linked that way, you are not only moved to the specific thread but also to the correct forum area. So it will appear as if the thread "magically" appeared.

BELIEVE ME, there is NOTHING nefarious going on and Amy is BIG on no censorship as long as things are civil.

Archived