TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Yet another shelby drops into KC

KCMO-GT500

went by one of the larger ford dealers (thoroughbred), one that I have bought a couple of SUVs from and know one of the salesman pretty well, and what do you know, an orange with white stripes coupe on the showroom floor.

CIMG0229.JPG

CIMG0230.JPG

CIMG0232.JPG

CIMG0233.JPG

CIMG0234.JPG

CIMG0231a.jpg

the car looks pretty good, but I can't believe they put their dealer emblem right on top of a stripe. Also, one of the stripes on the spoiler is damaged. Hard to figure out how that happened. Also noticed that the paint had a small amount of "orange peel effect" You really couldn't see the orange peel when you got a couple feet away though.

Price was a little rich for my blood, 20K adm, but it sounds like they might come down quite a bit. They are pretty big and rely on volume, so 1 big sale doesn't appear to mean much to them. If you really can't wait, call my buddy Chris Stites. Otherwise, enjoy the pics. I am not really sold on the color, so I continue my wait. Endless it seems. :doh::censored:

CIMG0229.JPG

CIMG0230.JPG

CIMG0232.JPG

CIMG0233.JPG

CIMG0234.JPG

CIMG0231a.jpg

went by one of the larger ford dealers (thoroughbred), and what do you know, an orange with white stripes coupe on the showroom floor.

Also noticed that the paint had a small amount of "orange peel effect" You really couldn't see the orange peel when you got a couple feet away though.

Haha, an orange car with "orange peel"?!? Who woulda' thought! :hysterical:

Sorry, bad joke. Must be time for bed.

I'm beginning to aquire EvilChris's dislike for dealers....

Haha, an orange car with "orange peel"?!? Who woulda' thought! :hysterical:

Sorry, bad joke. Must be time for bed.

it bothered me a bunch to write that, but couldn't figure out a better way to say it. But you're right, late, time for bed. or at least late night tv

I'm beginning to aquire EvilChris's dislike for dealers....

this dealership is actually too big to really dislike. Kind of like a large mindless corporation. Believe it or not, they actually have a very good service department. I really get the impression that they don't care that much about the final shelby sales price, since it only amounts to 3 or 4 vehicles for the year. They sell 2 or 3 dozen cars on a good day total.

That dealer logo is hideous. Who would do that to a car ... Especially a Shelby. Now if those stripes were reflective like on the 69/70 it would kickarse.

I would not be happy about that dealer emblem being put on the stripes!

I agree what a place to put a dealer emblem also don`t like the sticker on the window 20,000 adm.

Another dealer taking advantage .

Archived