TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stripe Replacement

Bud,

I had a minor fender bender, rather a hood bender, which required replacing the hood stripes. The shop I brought it to couldn't install them correctly, not aligned and bubbles. They said they would pay to have them redone but I wanted to find out if there are installation specs. As in measurements for distance apart, how the cutouts for the wiper fluid is handled, etc. Obviously I would like to have them installed as near to Shelby spec as possible. My car is 07SGT2398 and I am in Chicago. Any help would be appreciated.

I had my hood stripes replaced early on due to a ummmm mess up on the part of a body shop when they changed the hood scoop.

Anyways...to make a long story short, I had a stripe guy put mine on and he did a great job. He measure the hood, and placed a temporary 1 inch stripe ( i believe that is the space between the two stripes ) down the exact center of the hood. He then laid the new stripes on each side, butting them up to the temporary stripe perfectly. He then removed the temp stripe...and it was perfect ! He took his time and he really "appeared " to know what he was doing..and they look great. When he put the scoop back on, (scoop #3 lol ) he laid the new black stripe on the scoop perfectly lines up with the hood stripes.

Good luck !

Bud,

I had a minor fender bender, rather a hood bender, which required replacing the hood stripes. The shop I brought it to couldn't install them correctly, not aligned and bubbles. They said they would pay to have them redone but I wanted to find out if there are installation specs. As in measurements for distance apart, how the cutouts for the wiper fluid is handled, etc. Obviously I would like to have them installed as near to Shelby spec as possible. My car is 07SGT2398 and I am in Chicago. Any help would be appreciated.

Chicago area auto graphics specialty shop:

http://www.stickerdudedesigns.com/

Anyway, the stripes are 1" apart you can tell that just using a ruler all over the car. Tell the stripe guy to IGNORE the washer nozzles cut outs. Do not use these as a guide or the stripes will be too wide apart. Follow the line from the roof to the fender.

For more info check out the thread:

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...&hl=stripes

Found by going into the Tech/Mod forum and searching for "stripes"

Good luck!

Chicago area auto graphics specialty shop:

http://www.stickerdudedesigns.com/

Anyway, the stripes are 1/2" apart you can tell that just using a ruler all over the car. Tell the stripe guy to IGNORE the washer nozzles cut outs. Do not use these as a guide or the stripes will be too wide apart. Follow the line from the roof to the fender.

For more info check out the thread:

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...&hl=stripes

Found by going into the Tech/Mod forum and searching for "stripes"

Good luck!

I am surpised yours are 1/2 inch apart, mine came from SAI 1 inch apart !

You better go blow the snow off yours and measure it :hysterical2:

I am surpised yours are 1/2 inch apart, mine came from SAI 1 inch apart !

You better go blow the snow off yours and measure it :hysterical2:

Oh fine....1" why must you be the devil in my ear! :banghead:

Funny the 1/2 for some reason stuck in my head. My comment about the washer nozzles was because it happened to me and the stripes were 1.5" apart on the hood! OI was like...humm....that doesn't look right! I was going on about the 1/2 being wrong it stuck in my head.

Hey...I did take car out last night...down the road and back! :superhero: Just to move the tires around and again let it run for two hours. Still starting right up! But very lonely.

This has been a terrible winter!

Archived