TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How are your hood pins holding up?

GPStang06

Title says it all. For those of you that drive your cars as daily drivers or are out in the elements how are your hood pin setups holding up? I hve a set wating to go on but I have seen at some shows the bracket the pins go into rusts quite a bit. Are you all having the same issue? Anyone clear them to avoid rust?

Thanks.

My pins are holding up just fine with no rust - 8000 miles and I have driven it all winter except on rainy days. It gets parked under a carport, but no garage. There are scratches below the pin but that's just normal and can't be seen unless you take the pins out.

No rust problems with mine at all. Mine is not a DD but I drove the !@#$ out of it in the summer last year and it now has 8k miles. My dealership popped the hood with the pins in the dy that I got the car. So I have always had 2 nice digs on the tops of the silver mounting plates. I just replaced them a few weeks ago so now they are band new.

The rental GT-H's seemed to have the worst of the hood pins. Every singe one I have seen of them has rusted and needed to be replaced but I think this is totally due to the fact that they sat out on rental lots for much of the rental life! But for less than 100 bucks the new style pins are easy to install and look great.

well guys I just replaced my GT-H hood pins with the black billet kit.they are not a direct replacement you will have to customize the new brackets to match the extreme angle needed for the thicker billet set.be ready to get creative or just stick with the origanal discs.what a pain in the A.shelby needs to warn owners that the billet kit will not fit without serious modifications to the brackets.

Good info!. I have the standard stainless steel set and going to RMA them for the billet set for my CS6 hood since I know those are better. The part I see rusting at the shows is the actual bracket that the pin screws into. I figured I would just coat them good with some paint and clear and that would do the trick.

Archived