TEAM SHELBY FORUM

OK....Why is there an '07 & seperate '08 Forum???

Gun Oil

Sure that it has been asked before, but why seperate Forum sections for basically the same car?

Sorry if this has been beat to death in the past....

Because we 08 guys HATE 07 guys, they think thier cars are faster and they are always trying to take our women. :hysterical:

I dont really know, but wanted to type something kinda funny and it worked good here :hysterical:

michael morris

Sure that it has been asked before, but why seperate Forum sections for basically the same car?

Sorry if this has been beat to death in the past....

Because they are built in 07 then 08...... and soon to be 09 :hysterical2:

Truth is, I don't know, maybe because the 07 are 40th Anniversary, or maybe the 07 guys complained the 08guys were on their turf, or 08 guys complained the 07 guys were on theirs... Joe G, Godfather of the BVM needs to check into this! :hysterical:

NO,

Go back to your own 2007 Forum.

:hysterical:

What the xxxx !!!!!

:redcard:

--------------------

GRABBER

2007 GRABBER ORANGE GT500 Coupe <<<------------------------------------------------------------------

ordered 10/13/06. Sub to plant 12/14/06. Scheduled 1/16/07. Bucked 1/17/07. Released From Plant 1/19/07. Plant Quality Hold 1/19/07. Off Plant Quality Hold 2/21/07. Shipped 2/22/07. Delivered 3/8/07. New 2008 Tranny & Clutch & Flywheel & Lube 1/16/2008

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007 PERFORMANCE WHITE GT/CS Coupe ordered 6/21/06.

Come join me..... :hysterical2:

Because they are built in 07 then 08...... and soon to be 09 :hysterical2:

Truth is, I don't know, maybe because the 07 are 40th Anniversary, or maybe the 07 guys complained the 08guys were on their turf, or 08 guys complained the 07 guys were on theirs... Joe G, Godfather of the BVM needs to check into this! :hysterical:

It's like the East coast/West coast rap feud.

No one knows how it started or why it still exists.... but if you step on our turf you'll have trouble! mob.gif

:hysterical2:

It seems like it would make sense to merge the two forums....I dont mind if the inferior 07s are allowed in our forum... :hysterical2:

You must remeber that the 07`s are the `ELITE` as they are the 40TH Anniversary one & only Shelby G.T 500 :happy feet: :bowdown:

Yes, they are the "ELITE", complete with Bad Tranny!

:lastyear:

Shack,

Most of the 2008's have the same tranny.

And for the record, not a single 2008 owner on this forum has been able to verify if they have the 2nd generation tranny that started rolling out of Mexico in late October. I am sure Ford had to use up the remaining 2007 stock, and then at some point the 2nd generation trannys started going in.

I guess what I am saying is:

WHAT TRANNY DO YOU HAVE ?

Here's the thread that I did explaining the difference!

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...c=23884&hl=

I wont be caught calling one year better than the other, but I have a personal rule not to ever buy the first year of any vehicle- I like to let the manufacturer get the wrinkles ironed out. But dont get me wrong...I like the 2007s, they have a cool grind when they shift... :hysterical2:

Did I mention my headlights are brighter than yours? :happy feet:

Nice post. Where's your car?

And do you call $500 under MSRP over paying??

In the garage under its cover. Just like the rest in this snow and salt coverd corner of nw Missouri. No I dont think 500 under msrp is overpaying. But we both know most paid alot more. Besides it was just a joke in good fun sorry if I offened you.

So far the tranny in my car is the stock 1998 V6 automatic.

But my dealer called this morning and there is progress on my order as it goes through the whole build process. So, with that I should be getting the 2nd generation.

Andy

I wont be caught calling one year better than the other, but I have a personal rule not to ever buy the first year of any vehicle- I like to let the manufacturer get the wrinkles ironed out. But dont get me wrong...I like the 2007s, they have a cool grind when they shift... :hysterical2:

Did I mention my headlights are brighter than yours? :happy feet:

The reason the seperate 07`, 08` forum is that the 07` is the only 40th anniversary Shelby & is very` PRESTIGIOUS` :drool:

The reason the seperate 07`, 08` forum is that the 07` is the only 40th anniversary Shelby & is very` PRESTIGIOUS` :drool:

This is worse than fighting over brands of ketchup! (We all know Heinz is the best!) :hysterical2:

I will say this for the 07, it looks just like my car, so it can't be that bad!

Hey, what will we do when the 2010s come out with changes to the body and lights?

You gotta think some of the old school 67-69 owners are laughing at our apparent rift, and we wonder why we don't get respect from the original shelby owners....

(I can say that cuz I really don't care what they think of the new GT500s) Thats just how I roll...

Shack,

Most of the 2008's have the same tranny.

And for the record, not a single 2008 owner on this forum has been able to verify if they have the 2nd generation tranny that started rolling out of Mexico in late October. I am sure Ford had to use up the remaining 2007 stock, and then at some point the 2nd generation trannys started going in.

Grabber I was laying under my car trying to read that stupid tag just so I post on that thread and I decided that I only needed to know if it screwed up so I wasn't about to remove the tranny just to post a reply. :hysterical2:

Don

This is worse than fighting over brands of ketchup! (We all know Heinz is the best!) :hysterical2:

I will say this for the 07, it looks just like my car, so it can't be that bad!

Hey, what will we do when the 2010s come out with changes to the body and lights?

You gotta think some of the old school 67-69 owners are laughing at our apparent rift, and we wonder why we don't get respect from the original shelby owners....

(I can say that cuz I really don't care what they think of the new GT500s) Thats just how I roll...

What RIFT? I have all the respect for the NEW Shelby owners (old school guy)

Archived