TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR rear spoiler

Not sure about anyone else but I am saddened with the choice of the v6 spoiler being used on such a marquee car, I am suprised they didn't come up with a unique spoiler for the amazing car. Just my thoughts

They probably had a thousand of them sitting there and figured - why not use these??

Good old Ford - $80k car, with $20k car parts.

Way Forward baby! :hysterical2:

Not sure about anyone else but I am saddened with the choice of the v6 spoiler being used on such a marquee car, I am suprised they didn't come up with a unique spoiler for the amazing car. Just my thoughts

+1. It was supposedly done to improve the balance of the car for better handling, but it is certainly no help in the looks department. Going a unique spoiler, like they did for the hood, would have been nice. At the very least, they could have used the one on the GT500.

+1. It was supposedly done to improve the balance of the car for better handling, but it is certainly no help in the looks department. Going a unique spoiler, like they did for the hood, would have been nice. At the very least, they could have used the one on the GT500.

That spoiler does nothing for the car at all, I pray that they read this and change it.

I also agree!

I think that the least Ford / SAI should do is give a GT500KR purchaser the option of ordering the car with either the original GT500 type spoiler (as on the GT500KR prototype) or the Mustang V6 version.

I would find it very difficult to believe that Ford did a lot of wind tunnel testing on the Mustang V6 spoiler (the "revised rear spoiler" on the GT500KR production model) to cause it to be chosen for its aerodynamic benefits when it was originally created to be a cosmetic addon in the Pony Package for a V6 powered Mustang.

I dropped into my SVT dealership today. There was a Mustang GT parked directly beside a Mustang V6; each car had its respective spoiler. I even think that the spoiler on the GT looks better than the V6 type.

IMHO, the Mustang V6 spoiler definitely detracts from the attractiveness of the GT500KR when compared to the GT500 type.

It would appear that beauty is in the eye of its ? creator in this case as well as likely reducing costs for Ford.

WOW....I guess I'm the exception!

I like the "V6" spoiler as its come to be called because it doesn't detract from the car's lines like the GT500 spoiler does. As an SGT owner I have come to love the clean lines of a spoiler delete car yet felt it needed a "little more" to balance the hood etc., and after looking at all the options in person, and the other 3rd party options in magazines etc., I settled on the V6 spoiler as the one that provided that balance yet didn't substantially break the car's clean lines.

Again, I liked the spoiler delete like the old GT350's but really didn't like the GT500 spoilers large profile. I had a 05 GT with the "GT" spoiler and it really didn't do anything for ME.

BTW: I see very few V6 cars with the spoiler on them, exception is those with the Pony package of course, so I'm not as concerned with the impression some of you may have, then again I'm not paying $$$$$$$ for something sitting under the spoiler.

Again this is my own opinion and your mileage may vary!

Just another perspective!

WOW....I guess I'm the exception!

I like the "V6" spoiler as its come to be called because it doesn't detract from the car's lines like the GT500 spoiler does. As an SGT owner I have come to love the clean lines of a spoiler delete car yet felt it needed a "little more" to balance the hood etc., and after looking at all the options in person, and the other 3rd party options in magazines etc., I settled on the V6 spoiler as the one that provided that balance yet didn't substantially break the car's clean lines.

Again, I liked the spoiler delete like the old GT350's but really didn't like the GT500 spoilers large profile. I had a 05 GT with the "GT" spoiler and it really didn't do anything for ME.

BTW: I see very few V6 cars with the spoiler on them, exception is those with the Pony package of course, so I'm not as concerned with the impression some of you may have, then again I'm not paying $$$$$$$ for something sitting under the spoiler.

Again this is my own opinion and your mileage may vary!

Just another perspective!

I think the stock GT500 spoiler looks better musle car profile, and the "v/6" spoiler more of a wimpy look???? :hysterical: .

I think the stock GT500 spoiler looks better musle car profile, and the "v/6" spoiler more of a wimpy look???? :hysterical::

Since I look so good in the car, and work out a lot, I guess having a "wimpy" spoiler will help balance things out and give you guys a chance to look good! :hysterical2:

Since I look so good in the car, and work out a lot, I guess having a "wimpy" spoiler will help balance things out and give you guys a chance to look good! :hysterical2:

:hysterical2:

Ya, just don't tint your windows?????????? :hysterical:

Posted in another area but here is the spoiler on an SGT to give you a better perspective.

Sorry, but I think this spoiler is MUCH cleaner, always have thought so and said as much more than a year ago here, and much less "in your face" than the GT500 spoiler.

But again I think it's an individual preference...but then I don't usually get up to speeds where the GT500 spoiler would have any "functional" effect...no super charger here! :(

As they say, one mans treasure....

DSC03182_s.jpg

DSC03176_s.jpg

DSC03174_s.jpg

DSC03182_s.jpg

DSC03176_s.jpg

DSC03174_s.jpg

Posted in another area but here is the spoiler on an SGT to give you a better perspective.

Sorry, but I think this spoiler is MUCH cleaner, always have thought so and said as much more than a year ago here, and much less "in your face" than the GT500 spoiler.

But again I think it's an individual preference...but then I don't usually get up to speeds where the GT500 spoiler would have any "functional" effect...no super charger here! :(

As they say, one mans treasure....

Jeff, I have to agree with you at least on your choice. It adds A clean look to your car, however I do think the KR should recieve its own spoiler not just the grab bag treatment from Ford.

Jeff, I have to agree with you at least on your choice. It adds A clean look to your car, however I do think the KR should recieve its own spoiler not just the grab bag treatment from Ford.

Oh, ok, that's different. I can see people wanting a special spoiler unique to the KR. I can see that! A lot of us in the SGT forum feel the same way about our gas cap. A new one is coming but we got the fugly "GT" so I can empathize.

Oh, ok, that's different. I can see people wanting a special spoiler unique to the KR. I can see that! A lot of us in the SGT forum feel the same way about our gas cap. A new one is coming but we got the fugly "GT" so I can empathize.

I like the "fugly" "GT" cap on the trunk lid as it reminds you what your car was before

the shelby mod shop............

Also makes my stock Mustang GT more resemble the Shelby GT????????? :hysterical:

Archived