TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Top Gear Show GT500kr review

thadeus618

I didn't watch the show but a co-worker who supposedly did. He had to come and rub it in how bad the review of the 2008 GT500KR handling was because he knows how much I am a fan of the car.

Anyone watch the show? I explained to him the target buyer for the car is baby boomers who couldn't afford it the first time and probably prefer a softer ride than a stiff road race setup. I am not sure if that is true or not but it was better than him thinking Fords flagship car is junk when it comes to handling.

He also is anti-Ford and tells me when ever he hears anything bad about it. Mostly all in fun though, I think.

I didn't watch the show but a co-worker who supposedly did. He had to come and rub it in how bad the review of the 2008 GT500KR handling was because he knows how much I am a fan of the car.

Anyone watch the show? I explained to him the target buyer for the car is baby boomers who couldn't afford it the first time and probably prefer a softer ride than a stiff road race setup. I am not sure if that is true or not but it was better than him thinking Fords flagship car is junk when it comes to handling.

He also is anti-Ford and tells me when ever he hears anything bad about it. Mostly all in fun though, I think.

It wasn't a KR, it was a GT500. The "new" season of Top Gear starts on Monday the 25th, but the shows we see here on BBC America are over a year old in some cases; as the GT500 show was.

I've seen the "sneakers" on next Monday's show, and did not see any references to the boys testing a KR on it. In fact, I don't think any show or magazine has done a report on the KR yet.

TG didn't really care for the 500's handling, and they used a mobile chassis dyno that rated their car at 465 H.P. at the rear wheels. The problem is that they took that H.P. rating as less than advertised, but the advertised H.P. rating is taken at the engine not the RW's. If they interpreted the RWHP data correctly, they would have figured out that the car actually produced MORE than 500 H.P. at the engine not less. I love the show, but they do bash the crap out of America and many things American.

That's weird. My response posted twice. Deleted due to duplication.

It wasn't a KR, it was a GT500. The "new" season of Top Gear starts on Monday the 25th, but the shows we see here on BBC America are over a year old in some cases; as the GT500 show was.

I've seen the "sneakers" on next Monday's show, and did not see any references to the boys testing a KR on it. In fact, I don't think any show or magazine has done a report on the KR yet.

TG didn't really care for the 500's handling, and they used a mobile chassis dyno that rated their car at 465 H.P. at the rear wheels. The problem is that they took that H.P. rating as less than advertised, but the advertised H.P. rating is taken at the engine not the RW's. If they interperted the RWHP data correctly, they would have figured out that the car actually produced MORE than 500 H.P. at the engine not less. I love the show, but they do bash the crap out of America and many things American.

yeah - those guys bash on just about everything.

Don't get me wrong - they're funny. But I saw them bash on a (I think) AMG Mercedes because it had too much power. :hysterical: That think couldn't take a curve without smoking all over the place and going into a spin.

It's a comedy show with some auto testing done on the side really.

I just watched it last night, they are not fans of our cars but they seldom have nice things to say about American iron. They did have high praise for the Roush car though. In another episode they run the Roush, GT 500 and a Lotus Elise out on the track together but still pretty much bad press for the Shelby it comes in at the back of the pack.

Actually - they loved the Ford GT.

But you are right about the GT500 review. They really don't like the "antiquated" live axle design. They would much rather see a IRS with a better balance. They like road track cars and don't care for drag or "red light" oriented cars. It's their bias. I don't think that will change with the KR if they review it.

Archived