TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New dash plaque question....

03SVTCOBRA

Now that we established the fact that the plaque on my white 07 SGT says SHELBY GT-H on it ... Do i have the right to call it a GT-H ..IS it now a ONE of ONE CAR !!!! does this make it special ...What do i tell people it is ...I now have full documentation explaining the situation ....and created a Scrap book with the complete thread all photos ...the letter i recieved from BUD and every piece of dealer paper work and booklet window sticker ..even ordered signed autograph pic of it.....OPINIONS ... I MYSELF THINK IT IS VERY COOL ....

IMO you do not have a white GT H. It was never sold to Hertz and does not have the GT H hood. It is not automatic. However, I do think you have a true collector's piece for your auto due to the mistake. It is probably one of a kind. Good Luck

AGREED ...THANKS FOR THE OPINIONS ...WISH MY DAD WAS LIVING ....HE WAS AWSOME ..BIG CAR NUT ..VETTES ...BUT HE APPRCIATED ALL CARS AND WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO HELP ME WITH THIS ...YOU GUY'S HERE HAVE BEEN GREAT WITH ALL THE INFO ....THANKS TO ALL IN MAKING MY FIRST SHELBY A REALLY FUN ONE AND TO THINK I LISTED THIS FOR SALE LAST WEEK ...BEFORE I REALIZED THE LITTLE ERROR...I LOVE THIS CAR ....LOTS OF FUN AND PEOPLE ALWAYS ASK ABOUT IT

Printing out a thread from the Internet isn't documentation. An e-mail from SAI explaing it's a mistake with an offer to fix it may suppport your claim of origin, but that won't fly to a dedicated collector down the road. It's not one of one anything, there are a few others here with incorrect dash plaques and engine plates, and I think all of them got the errors fixed. Thus...It's just another factory goof story, like the 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis owner who's new car was delivered with Marauder wheels and tires.

You have an SGT specific CSM number, correct?

Both on the dash plaque and engine plate?

An SGT hood, right?

"Powered By Ford" fender badges, not the Hertz? (only the SGT gets them)

"Shelby GT" body-side tape stripe, not the Hertz?

Like it's been pointed out, if you didn't get it through Hertz with the original documentation, it isn't a GT-H period. All you have is a misprinted dash plaque and the wrong owner's manual, and some may call the whole car a fake, or, clone.

Get it fixed while you can, it's in your best long term interests.

In the other thread, I asked who among us would pay a little extra for this "one of one" automobile five years from today. No one said they would. Handwriting is on the wall?

Forgive me for sounding harsh, but too many folks have been blow smoke up your butt, and I'm not going to lie to you about it.

Printing out a thread from the Internet isn't documentation. An e-mail from SAI explaing it's a mistake with an offer to fix it may suppport your claim of origin, but that won't fly to a dedicated collector down the road. It's not one of one anything, there are a few others here with incorrect dash plaques and engine plates, and I think all of them got the errors fixed. Thus...It's just another factory goof story, like the 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis owner who's new car was delivered with Marauder wheels and tires.

You have an SGT specific CSM number, correct?

Both on the dash plaque and engine plate?

An SGT hood, right?

"Powered By Ford" fender badges, not the Hertz? (only the SGT gets them)

"Shelby GT" body-side tape stripe, not the Hertz?

Like it's been pointed out, if you didn't get it through Hertz with the original documentation, it isn't a GT-H period. All you have is a misprinted dash plaque and the wrong owner's manual, and some may call the whole car a fake, or, clone.

Get it fixed while you can, it's in your best long term interests.

In the other thread, I asked who among us would pay a little extra for this "one of one" automobile five years from today. No one said they would. Handwriting is on the wall?

Forgive me for sounding harsh, but too many folks have been blow smoke up your butt, and I'm not going to lie to you about it.

Well, here's my $.02 worth on this subject--again :)

The vehicle is registered as an 07 Shelby GT not a Shebly GT/GT-h. The dash plaque is clearly a misprint and unfortunately, it can not be documented any other way but a SGT. But, would I personally turn it back it for the correct one? NO FRIGGEN WAY IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Yes, the dash plaque is a misprint--but it is also unique too. And after all of this hoopla on the boards, 15-20 years from now somebody will go--hey, I remember hearing about that on the Team Shelby Forums and some now retired old fart named Bud said it was a misprint etc etc. So yes, even though it was a misprint, it will also have some history with it too.

Now, will it be worth more down the road? Who knows.

Q? How many of you collect diecast cars? I know I do. I have probably over 6000 pieces in my collection. Some of my favorites AND most valuable ones are MISPRINTS, MISPACKAGED, ERRORS etc. Sure, you only pay a buck for them but some of them are worth a ton of $$$$ now.

So again, as far as future value goes---only time will tell and it's only worth what somebody wants to pay for it.

Bud

ps-----------KEEP THE PLAQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy feet: :hysterical2: :happy feet:

The vehicle is registered as an 07 Shelby GT not a Shebly GT/GT-h. The dash plaque is clearly a misprint and unfortunately, it can not be documented any other way but a SGT. But, would I personally turn it back it for the correct one? NO FRIGGEN WAY IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Yes, the dash plaque is a misprint--but it is also unique too. And after all of this hoopla on the boards, 15-20 years from now somebody will go--hey, I remember hearing about that on the Team Shelby Forums and some now retired old fart named Bud said it was a misprint etc etc. So yes, even though it was a misprint, it will also have some history with it too.

Q? How many of you collect diecast cars? I know I do. I have probably over 6000 pieces in my collection. Some of my favorites AND most valuable ones are MISPRINTS, MISPACKAGED, ERRORS etc. Sure, you only pay a buck for them but some of them are worth a ton of $$$$ now.

So again, as far as future value goes---only time will tell and it's only worth what somebody wants to pay for it.

Bud

ps-----------KEEP THE PLAQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy feet: :hysterical2: :happy feet:

I hear ya Bud, so, why not cut this guy some slack and send him the correct plate and manual without an exchange? Let him have both, and the car can wear the badge of his choice, and he won't get caught in the chains of doubt down the road?

True...No one can predict market value five, ten, twenty years from now. But, at least he will have the correct stuff, and a neat story as well. How about asking Mr. Shelby for a little wiggle room here? There's no way a clone can be built with the real SGT/CSM number on both plaques. How about it?

Bud

IMO, if Bud says keep it, keep it.

It won't be worth any less down the road and no else has this story to tell. If SAI will replace with correct plaque and you have to send back GT-H, no way. If you can keep it, get the "correct" one and stash it away. I personally would leave the mistake on the car the way it came to you... :dreamy: Either way, you're a winner because look at what you're driving!

My .02

Dan

I hear ya Bud, so, why not cut this guy some slack and send him the correct plate and manual without an exchange? Let him have both, and the car can wear the badge of his choice, and he won't get caught in the chains of doubt down the road?

True...No one can predict market value five, ten, twenty years from now. But, at least he will have the correct stuff, and a neat story as well. How about asking Mr. Shelby for a little wiggle room here? There's no way a clone can be built with the real SGT/CSM number on both plaques. How about it?

There's an old saying "You can't have your cake and eat it too". We can not issue 2 sets of dash plaques to one person. And why would he want that anyway? Say if we "did" send James the correct dash plaque and he displays it in the car at a car show and people come up and say hmmmmmm looks like a fake plaque in the car, he must have had one made. Now James looks at this person and says, no way, it came like that and SAI sent me the correct plaque, but I didn't want to put it on--but I got it. Well, at a show, it could turn ugly (trust me, Iv'e seen this and I'm sure some of you have too)

So, he keeps the "one" that came with the car in the car and now goes to shows and people see it and go---HOLY CRAP!!!!!! That's the "ONE" I heard about--LUCKY YOU!!!!!

I "personally" feel that if James had both plaques, it would "kill" the mystique of "the" plaque. And it would be a thread killer :hysterical2:

Ok, now back to my earlier discussion on "error" diecasts. In my collection, I do have a few error cars (still in the blister pack--I'm a card board collector :hysterical: ) and I have one car that is right and one that is an error. When I show them off, people will look at the error car and completely look over the "normal" car. This helps if I really want to sell it. Example----I had a mispackage normal looking car and was offered $75.00 for it (of course, I sold it!! I only paid a buck for it) and the "normal" car just sat there. Now, did I make $74 on the deal---nope, I had to pay for the other one too, and I still have it collecting dust.

I guess what I am saying is that, the plaque while it is a misprint and so far the only one we have heard of should stay the way it is and not tampered with and not "fixed". It is something that should not of happened and probably will not happen again and the correct plate will never be made.

One last note-----on cloning------the plaque could be cloned if somebody really wanted too---I have seen them and they do look good. That is another reason why I would not put in a request for a correct plaque and send it to James--unless he sent me the "other" one back to me first :o

Ok, back to the DASH PLAQUE HISTORY discussion :happy feet:

Bud

If the registry lists him as the owner of the car then there should be no confusion about if it's a real Shelby or a fake.

As far as cloning the dash plaque. Some people might be able to clone it, but the mold it was made from is sitting at SAI(or somewhere). I don't think there would be any problem with the right forensics in proving it's authentic. I bet you can tell just from comparing an authentic plaque with a fake.

Ok, now back to my earlier discussion on "error" diecasts. In my collection, I do have a few error cars (still in the blister pack--I'm a card board collector :hysterical: ) and I have one car that is right and one that is an error. When I show them off, people will look at the error car and completely look over the "normal" car. This helps if I really want to sell it. Example----I had a mispackage normal looking car and was offered $75.00 for it (of course, I sold it!! I only paid a buck for it) and the "normal" car just sat there. Now, did I make $74 on the deal---nope, I had to pay for the other one too, and I still have it collecting dust.

Bud

ok thats big time no fair cause im sure amy hooked you up when she came over from the RLC. yep im hooked on the little cars also.

oh and i say keep the misprint and be proud of it.

Archived