TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1000 Mile Check Engine Light?

SPRSNK

My 08's engine light came on yesterday some time when I broke 1k miles. Is this normal? All my fluids are fine.

I've got over 4000 miles, no engine lights yet, no troubles of that kind at all..

[/quote

seems like quality problems are beginning to surface...hopefully we do not have a gt500 recall....that would not be good...i am getting concerned about members here reporting quality problems...hopefully not a trend

My 08's engine light came on yesterday some time when I broke 1k miles. Is this normal? All my fluids are fine.

Nope, 1700 miles on mine. I suggest taking it into your dealer to get checked out; they should be able to diagnose the problem. Hopefully nothing serious.

Check you're gas cap If it isn't on right it will set a ce light.

Check Engine

aRT

Nope. First thing I checked. It's going back to the dealership tomorrow morning first thing.

Check you're gas cap If it isn't on right it will set a ce light.

Check Engine

aRT

I don't believe the gas cap has anything to do with the "Check Engine" light. If the gas cap is not installed properly, the digital "message center" display will read "Check Fuel Cap".

Anyways, Deadtux let us know what your dealer finds.

I don't believe the gas cap has anything to do with the "Check Engine" light. If the gas cap is not installed properly, the digital "message center" display will read "Check Fuel Cap".

Anyways, Deadtux let us know what your dealer finds.

I didn't know that. I am I thought that they only had one light. Thanks I must have missed that in the book.

Art

I didn't know that. I am I thought that they only had one light. Thanks I must have missed that in the book.

Art

The evaporative something or other assembly needs to be replaced. They tried the gas cap first, that didn't work. I'll know what exactly when I get the slip for it tomorrow. I had to leave my car with them.

On a funny note: the dealership is smoking some good crack. They are asking for 20k ADM on a 08 GT500 White w/blue stripes.

The evaporative something or other assembly needs to be replaced. They tried the gas cap first, that didn't work. I'll know what exactly when I get the slip for it tomorrow. I had to leave my car with them.

On a funny note: the dealership is smoking some good crack. They are asking for 20k ADM on a 08 GT500 White w/blue stripes.

Must be that dealership on 183. :censored:

Sounds like the perhaps the problem is in the Evaporative Emission Control System; IMO nothing serious.

Must be that dealership on 183. :censored:

Yea it is. I hate that place and all of their dealerships. They are the reason we went from driving Cadiliacs to driving Lexus.

Archived