TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Real kick in the pants after install

vmargott

So I finally got all my parts in from Steeda, the pulley and the pulley puller the cold air intake and the SCT tune and was really excited and the install went amazing no problems every locked on and ready to rock, well after that the tune was the last thing needed........and plugged her in and the SCT blue screen came on but no text in it?? I took out all the required fuses and re tried a few times on this and still nothing, called steeda today and we think the tuner somehow isnt working from the time they tuned it and gettting to me in the mail, so until my new one comes in I cant drive her and shes got all the stuff on it....just a litte story for everyone this morning!

I'll beat this will seem like a long week for you. BTW, was this one of the new X3 tuners? SCT had some problems with the early units but claimed those bugs were fixed.

no it wasnt the X3 I ordered it from steeda direct from steeda and it was the X2 i believe?? i could be wrong but I know it wasnt the X3 and I heard from a friend out here those bugs should be fixed now...

no it wasnt the X3 I ordered it from steeda direct from steeda and it was the X2 i believe?? i could be wrong but I know it wasnt the X3 and I heard from a friend out here those bugs should be fixed now...

I also Had a problem with an X2 calibrator, wait till you get it all programmed. I have done 2 of these and it feels as if the car is going to fly and the supercharger really sounds good, let us know what you think

I have all kinds of questions about this upgrade deal.

First off this programmer, will the factory warranty be void if programmed?

Second is there any risk of too much head pressures with the additional PSI from the pulley change?

How much did the equipment cost? Assume it was a pulley, programmer and cold air kit.

Did the original belt work or did you need a new drive belt for the new pulley?

How much gain did you feel once tested. Is it worth the expense?

My new car is on the way and I am already planning to up the PWR>

Are we all fools or what? 500 not enough, gotta go to 540 horse.

I have all kinds of questions about this upgrade deal.

First off this programmer, will the factory warranty be void if programmed?

Second is there any risk of too much head pressures with the additional PSI from the pulley change?

How much did the equipment cost? Assume it was a pulley, programmer and cold air kit.

Did the original belt work or did you need a new drive belt for the new pulley?

How much gain did you feel once tested. Is it worth the expense?

My new car is on the way and I am already planning to up the PWR>

Are we all fools or what? 500 not enough, gotta go to 540 horse.

Yes I do believe that this voids the warranty not just swapping the ppulley but the tune also. I have a post regarding evolutions stage II to see if guys had any trouble with mechanical problems. There might be a chance that a ford dealer might not realize the pulley had been changed adn they can only tell if you've added the tune if they connect to their tuneing equip (computer).

Yes I do believe that this voids the warranty not just swapping the ppulley but the tune also. I have a post regarding evolutions stage II to see if guys had any trouble with mechanical problems. There might be a chance that a ford dealer might not realize the pulley had been changed adn they can only tell if you've added the tune if they connect to their tuneing equip (computer).

1) nothing AUTOMATICALLY voids a warranty... but if it's found that by kicking up the HP with these mods you caused damage, THEN the warranty will be void.

2) there have been NO posts here or at 2 other sites I visit, about ANY problems with the Stage 2 kit (tune, 2.6 or 2.8 pulley and CAI)

3) one of the cheapest and easiest "bang for the buck" mods you can do to get 90-120 additional HP.

If you want more info, just go to the GT500 Tech area of the forum - you'll find DOZENS of posts about this mod.

I got it back finally the XCT 2 sorry it took so long to post guys and everything is going JUST GREAT!!! I CANT TELL you how worth it was to buy the Pulley and Tune and CAI from Steeda, WOW what a performance difference it made the car is purely insane now! So hopefully this might help those who are on the fence about doing these mods cause it is truly worth it and the Superchargers whine after the Intake is beautiful and the increase power and throttle response is GREAT! Also next mods will be 3 point frame and torque brace along with UCA AND LCA arms and then will be adding 3.73s and aluminum driveshaft and things like that, but first gotta harness in this power! As far as the warranty goes if worse comes to worse keep your stock parts and if you must take it into a dealer just swap it back out and re tune the car if your that worried. just my .02cents Thanks everyone

There was a post last year by a member who installed the Steeda kit then had it dynoed and found that the AF was way off. I don't remember how he resolved it but he was warning that others using that kit to double check the AF readings.

Archived