TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 Changes?

thadeus618

I know its not official wether there will be a 2009 but if there wasn't going to be one it would be great for 2008 sales if someone official mentioned this was the last year. Thats why I believe there will be a 2009 and it has me wondering what they will change for next year. My best guess will be that they will add:

Active Sync (the Focus has it don't you think the GT500 should?)

Hopefully HID fog lights

I doubt more HP

What are your thoughts and guesses?

The only other thing I could see is the glass roof option. It was only announced for the V6 and GT models, but, I think it would sell well on the GT500s.

id like to a gt 350..a real gt 350 not the one we have now..silver stripes are worthless (this is america..we should at least have an option on stripe color)..who ever came up with that needs to be shown the curb....mach 1 would be nice as well....in the range of 350 horsepower...and of course.....i would like a farrah fawcett edition retro mustang2 edition with huge cobra emblems and chessy tape stripes...i know ford could do this....they can screw everything else up

ALL ITEMS OPTIONAL:

- Heated seats

- Quality sound system (not just bigger thumpers)

- Sound deadening materials in the interior and truck

- IRS

- Auto tranny with paddle shifters

I like my pony cars to be quick and a little refined :D

I would like to see these added:

-Homelink rear view mirror

-Heated seats

-HID fog lights

-Electronic temp control

-Steering wheel controls for radio and temp

-More adjustments on the drivers seat like the old Cobra

-The new Sync would be nice

-Some more contrast in the interior such as carbon fiber or brushed aluminum

-More Two tone color choices

-Glass roof

-Trunk release from inside the car

-Chrome wheel option

Maybe if Ford listen to the consumer they would be doing better in the market! I not a Mopar fan but the Challenger has some really nice option for less money! :headscratch:

-Heated seats

-HID fog lights

-Electronic temp control

-Glass roof

-Chrome wheel option

Trunk release is on your key fob ,what advantage of having in the car ?

Maybe if Ford listen to the consumer they would be doing better in the market! I not a Mopar fan but the Challenger has some really nice option for less money! :headscratch:

Less money and a lot less HP

I'll take the HP over options anyday

If anything, I think the biggest changes as far as options being added will come on the 2010

My guess is if they do a 09 it will be some color changes and maybe some minor options added since this will be the last year for this body style. I also think the 09 will be a short model year run so they can get the new 2010 out to launch the same time as the camero if not right before the camero comes out. At least that is what I would do if it were up to me! Launch the 2010 to hit showrooms no later than Feb 09. Which means the 09 production would end by Jan 09.

I've had a number of times where having a trunk release in the car would have been handy. Like when you don't have the key fob in hand and then you have to go get it or get a key to open the trunk. A trunk release inside the car is a cheap cost option that should be standard.

Maybe if Ford listen to the consumer they would be doing better in the market! :headscratch:

Dealers have been telling this to Ford for YEARS! But Ford is smarter. They like to run their company like the government and tell YOU what you want VS LISTENING to want you tell them you want!

They "claim" they are going to start building more of what the consumer wants. Time will tell. But they need to get up to speed and quit playing catch up to the rest of the world. They have been following for to long! They need to learn how to LEAD!

I've had a number of times where having a trunk release in the car would have been handy. Like when you don't have the key fob in hand and then you have to go get it or get a key to open the trunk. A trunk release inside the car is a cheap cost option that should be standard.

Not a priority option for me , give me better Suspension & rear brakes.I guess I don`t go in the trunk that often 2cts

-Heated seats

-HID fog lights

-Electronic temp control

-Glass roof

-Chrome wheel option

I don't have one yet so I am surprised these weren't already on it

-Electronic temp control

I think this info came out last year at the end of March so we still have about a month to find out. I would be surprised if we get more than two of the options everyone has mentioned so far. Shelby Dude has made a good point about Ford holding off till 2010 for the significant upgrades. I don't know If I can wait that long to buy one though without seeing it first.

ALL ITEMS OPTIONAL:

- Heated seats

- Quality sound system (not just bigger thumpers)

- Sound deadening materials in the interior and truck

- IRS

- Auto tranny with paddle shifters

I like my pony cars to be quick and a little refined :D

Hey there,

Have a company trying to talk us into carrying their paddle shifter setup (auto or manual). Took a ride in their 5 speed paddle shifter car. Pretty cool. PRICEY though - an installed setup would be around $5k.

Page :)

My brother put his jacket in the trunk with his keys in his jacket pocket and his daughter closed the trunk. They were at an ice rink ten miles from home. They had to call his wife and get her to bring the spare keys just so he could get his set out of the trunk. The car was unlocked but he still couldn't drive home. He couldn't believe there wasn't a trunk button in the car.

Don

My brother put his jacket in the trunk with his keys in his jacket pocket and his daughter closed the trunk. They were at an ice rink ten miles from home. They had to call his wife and get her to bring the spare keys just so he could get his set out of the trunk. The car was unlocked but he still couldn't drive home. He couldn't believe there wasn't a trunk button in the car.

Don

Don't the rear seats fold down in the coupe ( Hardtop )?

Don

Common Ford;

GM has the "ON STAR" service for this situation..............

Should know about any changes in about a month - Got this off the blueovalforums

"Here's the schedule information available to date for the 2009 Mustang.

03/19/2008 2009 MY Unscheduled Order Bank Opens

04/17/2008 2009 MY Scheduling Begins

05/27/2008 2009 Job #1 - Production Begins

The 2009 Mustang Order Guide will be released on or about 03/19/2008. "

I'd like to see the following:

Glass Roof

Heated/Cooling seats

Bluetooth in the stereo

Homelink

Back up camera

Trunk Release

No more hood rod. God I hate that. At least make an option of having factory installed gas powered hood prop.

Archived